• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2016 Discount Code Watch

I went online this morning and it looks like a lot of rooms were released for room only discounts. I was able to drop a night and category this morning.

Since I'm a newb, does anybody know if they add more rooms during the discount, or are the ones available now the only ones that will be released? I can't believe there are no discounts for POR or POFQ for the week of 2/28-3/5. I've checked calendars and I don't believe there is anything going on other than Leap Day. I'm hoping they're just being stingy to start out with and will release more in the weeks to come.

Since I'm a newb, does anybody know if they add more rooms during the discount, or are the ones available now the only ones that will be released? I can't believe there are no discounts for POR or POFQ for the week of 2/28-3/5. I've checked calendars and I don't believe there is anything going on other than Leap Day. I'm hoping they're just being stingy to start out with and will release more in the weeks to come.

Additional rooms can get released either as people change/cancel or if Disney decides to release more. As a matter of fact - this morning there are rooms available that weren't online last night. I wouldn't count on it and would definitely make a reservation for something you can live with but keep checking back daily, you never know!

I called yesterday at 8AM and didn't find anything available in my room class in my resort.

I called back at 2:30, and was able to add a night, and apply the discount to my entire stay in the room class and resort I wanted. I was also able to apply the discount to 2 other rooms in our party.

Keep trying!!

No discount for me :(. Staying at POR from 2/28-3/5 and there are no available discounts for this time. This stinks. I was really hoping to surprise the other people in our party with the news that they were getting a discount. Oh well. Still excited to be going for the first time. Still contemplating adding dining though.
Have you checked Orbitz? I reserved POR for part of your dates through them yesterday. Plus, you can get an additional Orbitz discount on top of Disney's. Fyi, you won't be able to get the Dining Plan if you book through them, though.

I can't believe there are no discounts for POR or POFQ for the week of 2/28-3/5. I've checked calendars and I don't believe there is anything going on other than Leap Day. I'm hoping they're just being stingy to start out with and will release more in the weeks to come.

I got POR with the Disney visa discount for 2/24 - 3/1. I think that a lot of people are booking in anticipation of another 24 hour "another Disney day" like they did last leap year. It also happens to be my kid's winter break. So they have the whole last week of Feb off from school.

Been getting something that says we are unable to show rates at this time, please try again or check back later. Anyone try calling? I may try tomorrow and see.

Last year during one of their summer offers, I had a POR room booked, switched it to CBR b/c additional family said they were coming, 7 hours later, they backed out, I called back the same day to switch bac to my POR room...all gone. I called 3 days in a row for that POR room and finally got it back on day 3 after being on the phone for an hour....don't give it up hope just keep trying.

Been getting something that says we are unable to show rates at this time, please try again or check back later. Anyone try calling? I may try tomorrow and see.

I decided to call today after checking this morning and getting the same message. Checked on the web about noon and the play stay dine was there for a few resorts. I called and booked all star sports. We wanted movies but it wasn't included. We liked the sports theming more than music.

Anyway there are 4 adults 1 child and we saved $567 on two standard rooms with dining plan with 1 ts.

Would've liked movies more, hoping there aren't many groups there when we go (20th-27th). Read sports has more groups. Hoping to get touchdown to be close to dining and transportation.

For anyone wondering about AP discounts for Feb, they must be available now- the 1st time I called on Monday I was given an AP price for Feb 5-13, I hung up to compare it with rack rate and SPD options, went with SPD, but was asked if I had AP the 2nd time I called, too.

For anyone wondering about AP discounts for Feb, they must be available now- the 1st time I called on Monday I was given an AP price for Feb 5-13, I hung up to compare it with rack rate and SPD options, went with SPD, but was asked if I had AP the 2nd time I called, too.

I don't see them listed on the WDW site. Wonder if we need to call? I just did online chat and the CM said AP rates are not out for 2016, but I know how not all CM's are informed.

Like I wrote previously, I got POFQ on the Disney Junior package for Feb 27-March 1. I just looked on Orbitz and got a quote for 100$ cheaper if I book both hotel and tickets thru them with the current 15% off promo. Now I have to decide if the Disney Junior kit is worth 100$ for our family (probably not) and if I want to go thru Orbitz or stick with Disney direct.

I just checked, I have heard a lot about limited room availability, and especially with limited standard view rooms. I'll admit this is a small sample size..1... but I was still surprised. First week of Feb, POP, standard view, Play, stay and dine was still coming up with availability.

From my experience, they had to have released more. I checked Monday afternoon and evening multiple times, Tuesday evening multiple times, and Wednesday morning a couple times, with NO availability for my dates (the only thing I could get was AOA). Then, I checked Wednesday afternoon, and there was availability almost everywhere.

From my experience, they had to have released more. I checked Monday afternoon and evening multiple times, Tuesday evening multiple times, and Wednesday morning a couple times, with NO availability for my dates (the only thing I could get was AOA). Then, I checked Wednesday afternoon, and there was availability almost everywhere.

I wonder (as I put on my tin foil hat) if this is Disney trying to slow down or stop the rebookings, or the recoding of existing reservations. My TA (like many) called in first thing Monday and tried to get the discount applied to my package... Do I think she would retry Tuesday and wed, etc if she didn't get the rate on the first day. I would bet that a ton, maybe 80% of the existing reservations that were going to get the dscount applied were done on Monday. If they continue to trickle out room availability, over the next days or weeks, then they can actually do what they are trying to do... get people on the fence about coming to WDW to commit and make reservations.

Of course when Disney adjusts to us, we readjust to Disney to keep up.

I wonder (as I put on my tin foil hat) if this is Disney trying to slow down or stop the rebookings, or the recoding of existing reservations. My TA (like many) called in first thing Monday and tried to get the discount applied to my package... Do I think she would retry Tuesday and wed, etc if she didn't get the rate on the first day. I would bet that a ton, maybe 80% of the existing reservations that were going to get the dscount applied were done on Monday. If they continue to trickle out room availability, over the next days or weeks, then they can actually do what they are trying to do... get people on the fence about coming to WDW to commit and make reservations.

Of course when Disney adjusts to us, we readjust to Disney to keep up.

I think that Disney definitely does stagger the release of some rooms in order to drive their desired results. They know that some people will just take what's available and book and not come back and look again (hence why some of the lower room categories and less expensive resorts have limited or no availability). They know that some people will see their current room doesn't work and choose not to switch and not come back and look again. And they also know that some people will keep coming back until they find what they want. It's a pretty optimal system for all parties involved and if you're like many of here on the DISboards if you keep checking back you stand a good change to get what you want!

I think that Disney definitely does stagger the release of some rooms in order to drive their desired results. They know that some people will just take what's available and book and not come back and look again (hence why some of the lower room categories and less expensive resorts have limited or no availability). They know that some people will see their current room doesn't work and choose not to switch and not come back and look again. And they also know that some people will keep coming back until they find what they want. It's a pretty optimal system for all parties involved and if you're like many of here on the DISboards if you keep checking back you stand a good change to get what you want!

I agree completely. Been trying since Monday morning to switch my rack rate standard CBR reservation to PSD. All that has been coming up is preferred or pirate. I almost took one, but decided to wait it out a few more days and see. I was getting nervous but then when the website quit showing me rates at all last night for several hours I crossed my fingers they were updating the system. And they were! About 1am my time I was suddenly able to view and price every single room type using PSD rate. :smooth: Got precisely what I wanted and my travel group now thinks I'm a wizard. pixiedust: Hehe. I told them I just know how Disney works after all this time. I WISH it wasn't true that they do this, but it is.

I agree completely. Been trying since Monday morning to switch my rack rate standard CBR reservation to PSD. All that has been coming up is preferred or pirate. I almost took one, but decided to wait it out a few more days and see. I was getting nervous but then when the website quit showing me rates at all last night for several hours I crossed my fingers they were updating the system. And they were! About 1am my time I was suddenly able to view and price every single room type using PSD rate. :smooth: Got precisely what I wanted and my travel group now thinks I'm a wizard. pixiedust: Hehe. I told them I just know how Disney works after all this time. I WISH it wasn't true that they do this, but it is.

Good deal. I've still got my fingers crossed. I did some testing and found that the week before we go, there is a discount for POR. Hopefully they extend it to our week sometime in the future.

Good deal. I've still got my fingers crossed. I did some testing and found that the week before we go, there is a discount for POR. Hopefully they extend it to our week sometime in the future.
Wow! Didn't even have to wait that long. They added both POR and POFQ to our stay dates this morning! In fact, they added darn near every resort. Up to a few days ago, a discounted room at the Contemporary was like $1200 a night. Now they're down in the $500's. I wonder if they waited to release the week of 2/28-3/5 because of Leap Day. Oh well, now I just have to get our TA on top of it to get us re-booked.

***Update - Just received an email from my TA. We are saving roughly $640 on 2 rooms and got upgraded from standard to garden view!

Last edited:
Saw online the AP discount listed for early next year (i'm looking at end of February) Gives a room only discount of 25 percent off deluxe. What do you think the chances are of a discount of 35 percent off deluxe coming up at some point for February?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter