• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2016 Discount Code Watch

I was hoping to get our preferred rooms at CBR in on SPD but they wanted to put us in the pirate rooms. We are more the princess type and Trinidad South is sooo far from the amenities that I switched us to POR, standard view royal rooms. We have 3 rooms and 8 people and our total savings was just over $1200. Certainly nothing to shake a stick at, but agree with the notion that the discount is a little lackluster this year.

We've not stayed at POR but I'm getting SOOO excited about our trip now that the details are coming together!

No discount for me :(. Staying at POR from 2/28-3/5 and there are no available discounts for this time. This stinks. I was really hoping to surprise the other people in our party with the news that they were getting a discount. Oh well. Still excited to be going for the first time. Still contemplating adding dining though.

Already had a pofq room booked and tried to applied the discount. They wouldn't let me and said it was sold out. This was at 745am so not impressed!! I then went on my phone into a private tab and opened another disney account under my husband's name and book the same dates at pofq with the discount.

Already had a pofq room booked and tried to applied the discount. They wouldn't let me and said it was sold out. This was at 745am so not impressed!! I then went on my phone into a private tab and opened another disney account under my husband's name and book the same dates at pofq with the discount.

So interesting! It's almost like the system is programmed to automatically give discounts on new reservations and not as easily on already-booked reservations.

So interesting! It's almost like the system is programmed to give discounts on new reservations and not as easily on already-booked reservations.

looking at different boards I'm not the only one this worked for so algorithms are set to work against anyone with an existing reservation.

Reactions: TJA
Booked All Star sports for Feb 17-21, standard room and 2 day tickets for $1,044. Splitting it with my BFF for PHM weekend so $522 pp isn't horrible. I'll see what bouncebacks are like when we are there in November.

looking at different boards I'm not the only one this worked for so algorithms are set to work against anyone with an existing reservation.

Yes, it's sad to think about all those people that might cancel their trips or end up paying full price when there are indeed rooms available with the discount. We're AP holders and it will be interesting to see how it goes when I try to get that deal when I already have my trip booked under this current deal....

Booked POFQ on the Disney Junior package for Feb26-March 1. Happy to try this new resort for us! Not a great discount (12% on room) but better than nothing imo and I always wanted to try POFQ.

Last edited:
I posted this on the CL board but wanted to post it here as well if it helps anyone else. Just booked a split stay from 2-23-16 to 2-26-16 at the Poly CL. wanted lagoon view but nothing available so had to book theme park view. Rack rate was $958 per night and room only discount was $808 per night. We then booked the BWI standard CL (the deluxe club rooms were sold out) that had a rack rate of $711 a night and the discount rate was $620 per night. I didn't already have any rooms booked and we are AP holders but I didn't think we would have any availability if I waited for those discounts to come out. Something tells me that they won't be much better that these discounts. Also new for 2016 bookings is the courtesy hold is now only three days instead of a week like in the past.

I called last night about 7:30 to book a new room only reservation at POR pool view. I thought it would be easier to have the reservation and then call this morning and just apply the discount. We are going March 3-13. She quoted me $2435.00. I was my agents first call this morning at 7am and come to find out, whoever I spoke with last night was kind enough to give me the discount last night, before it was released! :) She asked if I had used the Disney Visa offer and I said no. She wasn't sure how it happened, but somehow it did. It saved us $485, or 20%. I'm happy with that!!!!

Can't find a discount for my stay for 4 adults and 1 child at a value 2/20-2/27 expect at AOA. If I take one day off it's available though. That's annoying. I priced it, and it'll end up only saving us a little bit (bout $100) if I'd book through the 26th and just add the 27th by the time we pay for the extra table service meal and quick service meal. Not even worth it IMO. Just would rather have everything together and not have 2 separate reservations (considering it's already going to be 2 rooms).

AOA would be about $350 more with SPD than booking an all star and adding the dining plan. I did love AOA, but might just stick with one of the all stars without a discount.

Maybe within the next couple days something will open up. If not, guess we'll pay full price. No biggie, would've been nice to save a few hundred dollars though.

I'm looking to go at the end of February (25th) and wondered if anyone knew roughly when annual pass discounts would be released for end of February?

Booked our Jan 30-Feb 6 trip. It's me and my sister for our annual trip where we get to hang out for a week. She lives in a different city. We got Port Orleans French Quarter regular room. I booked it on Orbitz through Ebates so I saved $200 or so that way and will get 3% back. That will go toward meals. We normally stay in a Deluxe but it's just so expensive this time we thought we would try POFQ. I stayed there back in 2002, so I'm excited to see the refurbishments. Also happy about the boat to downtown disney. YAY! so happy to have it booked. We had booked our flights this summer and were waiting for discounts. We got our tickets through Undercover Tourist, so that's cool. Now the countdown begins!

BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

I believe I have cracked the code on the SPD Discount for Moderate Resorts - here it is!

TICKETS: No Discount (no surprise there);
ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!);
DINING: Adult #1 = 55% OFF Dining Plan; Person 2-5 = 45% OFF Dining Plan (regardless of adult or child).

There is no price break when changing or upgrading Tickets or when changing or upgrading the dining plan. See here for more details...http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

If I can get motivated I'll look at how it works at values and deluxe too!

MORE BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

First Off - huge thanks to Don @ Mousesavers for some help with this one! If you haven't visited the site - Mousesavers is one of THE BEST Disney websites out there. http://www.mousesavers.com/ - go there, you won't be disappointed!

VALUE RESORTS

ROOM: $1.75 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.97 per night off at POP and $1.98 off per night at All Stars)
DINING: 40% OFF Everybody.

BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

I believe I have cracked the code on the SPD Discount for Moderate Resorts - here it is!

ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!);
DINING: Adult #1 = 55% OFF Dining Plan; Person 2-5 = 45% OFF Dining Plan (regardless of adult or child).

There is no price break when changing or upgrading Tickets or when changing or upgrading the dining plan. See here for more details...http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

If I can get motivated I'll look at how it works at values and deluxe too!

Room only must be much better. I saved way more than $1!

Room only must be much better. I saved way more than $1!

The room only discount will be the percentages advertised, pretty simple. The SPD is a more complex deal with the components. Obviously the largest portion is the savings on Dining which for some will make it the best deal.

The room only discount will be the percentages advertised, pretty simple. The SPD is a more complex deal with the components. Obviously the largest portion is the savings on Dining which for some will make it the best deal.

I guess I picked a good year to do room only for the first time! I don't eat enough for dining to be worth it, so that deal doesn't help me.

LAST BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

Deluxe Resorts work the same as Moderates - see below! Thread with the details is here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

MODERATE & DELUXE RESORTS

ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.13 per night off)

That is that folks - SPD has been cracked once again! For everybody except solo travelers this years SPD is most certainly lower than last years. More people should consider the room only discount (especially if your eating habits don't jive with the dining plan and you think you would spend less!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter