February 2015.....It's never too early!!!

ttcl516

Mouseketeer
So I thought I would get this started. I have been planning this next vacation since we were on the plane going home from our last one....lol :rotfl:
My husband said no to every year, but agreed to every other :cool1: So I knew we wanted to go down around the same time of year. I am planning on:

February 25th - March 6th at PO Riverside AB section preffered
(can you believe everyone was on board with 10 days) :thumbsup2
Me, DH, DS(11) & DM
w/ 10 day park hoppers (if needed with the new FP+)
I am so hoping for free dining....

So who's in with me??

i will join in on the board. i am planning a Feb 2015 trip with my friend and her two kids who have never been to Disney. the kids are 9 and 6 both little girls, and I am beyond the moon excited about being able to be a part of their trip. I have my fingers crossed for free dining during the time we will be there as I have so many meals i wanna carry the girls to while we are there. It slike you said it is never to early to start planning as I already have my planning notebook out for the trip!! :rotfl:

Welcome aboard :thumbsup2

I am also hoping for free dining, or at least the SPD offer they had last year. Any little bit of savings helps....so heres some pixie dust for you and me pixiedust:

Thanks!!! It does seem that there is not many people planning on going during that time right now, and if they are they are being kinda quiet. :rotfl: I am a obsessive planner, and hope to have this trip all planned out the same month they release the packages. i think when i talked to Disney yesterday she told me they were pushing for June or July to have all the info released for next year. I know its over 10 months away but it will sure make me feel better to know that I will be ready when the time comes. :surfweb:

I try very hard not to be an obsessive planner.....it usually doesn't work out to well for me :rotfl:
The last time we booked our package for this same week was the beginning of October. That is when they came out with the SPD package, and I was able to reserve early with my Disney Visa :thumbsup2
Of course then it was a mad dash to book all my TS dining options. So this time I need to have everyone on board on where we are eating by this summer. I can start booking that Aug. 29th. I am really hoping to secure a Tomorrowland Dessert Party ressie...yummy!!

the only two ressies I am really concerned about are BOG, and CRT. The two little girls that are going have requested both. In the event that FD does come out for those dates I know it can be a difficult one to catch sometimes. Luckily the rest of the trip noone really has a preference so they told me to book what i wanted. So the rest of mine will not be two bad. I really would like to try the Tommorowland Dessert party though.. :cheer2:

The last couple of years we've been going for Mardi Gras week, and Mardi Gras is in February in 2015. However, it's in the same week as President's day. We caught the bow wave of that crowd last year, so we'll probably just enjoy the parades here and pass on the World.
Take a look in the parking lots.. you might not see 6 of 10 cars with Louisiana plates during that week.
Y'all have fun, though.

LOL yeah im trying to avoid Presidents day week, and maybe going the beginning. I will be going when the value season dates come out, since typically in the past during the value weeks in when they would offer the Free Dining. we will purchase the dining plan either way I'm just looking for something to kinda off set a little of the cost of having it. Its kinda nerve racking too becasue I will be going to Disney this December for Christmas, and I'm trying to kind of plan both at the same time. They are starting to run together. This years trip though we will be staying in a camper at Fort Wilderness. my favorite place on Disney property.

Glad to find this thread!! We will be at the world Feb. 27- March 5, 2015!! I am so excited and wish it was closer. This will be our first time at the world during these months. How is the weather? crowds? :thumbsup2 Look forward to planning/counting down with all of you!:cool1:

Welcome disjrmomma2010! We were there last year for that week also. The week before we left it said it was supposed to rain every day. But I don't recall it raining once. There were a few cool days in the mid 40's....but most of the afternoons hit 70-75. Just keep an eye on the weather the week before and pack accordingly. Happy Planning!! :cool1:

Oh....and I thought the crowds were pretty manageable. We did have to utilize the legacy FP for Soarin and Toy Story or we wouldn't of been able to ride them. The lines were just crazy for those two. But other than that we really didn't wait in any lines over 20 mins.

WELCOME :cheer2: I too wish it was alot more sooner then what it really is. Im still waiting patiently for packages and discounts to be released.

Hello! We are planning on February 14th - 21st....yes it's Mardi Gras and President's Week! We would prefer going in May 2015 when the kids get out of school but DS8 plays travel baseball and is right in the middle of state tournaments! We've been enough that we have our touring plans down to a science so I'm sure we will be able to handle the crowds. :thumbsup2
Planning on a 1 bedroom at Kidani Village. :lovestruc

We're looking at February 23-March 1st of 2015. Does anyone know when the reservations open up online?

I know last year we booked the Stay, Play & Dine package through my Disney Visa the beginning of October when it came out.

I will be going Feb 18-28..This will be my 4th trip..I go for the Disney Princess half marathon...I normally stay in Pop but this time I'm springing for WL..I have gone solo 3 out of 4 times as no one can get time off or other circumstances pop up, i don't let it stop me though. I've had my best trips going solo..I'm diing the glass slipper challenge this tim so that is why I'm springing for WL..any suggestions for room locations and things to see and do would be greatly appreci.ated. :cool1:

:goodvibes. We are planning on going January 31st to February 10th. I would have liked to go the last week of January but dd17 always has exams that week. Depending on the schedule she might finish a few days earlier but we can't plan around that at all as it wouldn't be finalized until a few weeks before.

It still feels so far away, but I am saving diligently. I think Jetblue will probably open their flights for February next month some time, and Southwest says they will extend their schedule in July. Typically Jetblue has been way too high out of Buffalo lately, so we'll probably book with Southwest.

I have no idea where we will stay yet. It will really depend on our budget and the discounts released. I do know we'll stay 2 nights at Royal Pacific to spend 3 days at Universal. I am buying us four power passes and those will be everyones big Christmas gift. We plan to get two trips out of them.

For the Disney portion I am hoping for Port Orleans Riverside or CSR. But it may end up being Pop or a Little Mermaid room at AoA if I can't get a decent discount. We have 2 day tickets leftover that we'll be upgrading when we get there, and we won't be using the DDP. We're choosing to go OOP for the first time in 9 trips.
So 8 more months to plan and save!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter