February 2013 Discount Watch

Does the discount become available online at 12 a.m. on the 10th or is it later in the day? Better to book online or speak with someone by phone?

Does the discount become available online at 12 a.m. on the 10th or is it later in the day? Better to book online or speak with someone by phone?

Never thought about it. That's a good question. I'd say off the top of my head that the website does not automatically update at 12a and probably won't be listed when the phone lines open at 7a. I'd call right at 7a and then keep checking the website while you wait on hold for endless amounts of time.

Definitely depends on who you talk to. My second call got me $280 more off the price. I kept asking the first CM if it wasn't a package deal and she said it was room only. I decided to just have my AAA agent call for me the second time. I got 6 nights at POR in Gardenview (standard was not available), 7 day PH and full dining plan. 2 adults, 1 child = $2400. It comes to around $2600 online without dining, so I figured we came about $200 shy of free dining. I'll take it!

Now I gotta add a few ADRs!
Hi! I have AAA too. Do you know what codes your agent used? Mine is going to call Wednesday when opens to GP. Codes will probably be different, but at least we would have a heads up on what to expect/ask for. All of my ADRS ar booked. It been a long wait for discounts. Thanks!
Monique

I am sure they are lovely individuals, but I hear the cheerleaders actually cheer everywhere they go, so I am warning some of the February travelers that the dance competition and the cheerleaders will be invading your magical holiday February2-10. I have done a little leg work and found their information and package information via the ESPN website and they will be staying at the All-Stars and Caribbean Beach. Some may deviate from this plan, but it looks like the cheer organizations will be steering them for the most part to these resorts. Also they will take over Hollywood Studios on the weekends, so my family is choosing to avoid that park on the weekends as an extra precaution. Like I have said, I am sure they are lovely, but they are kids and HUGE groups of kids tend to be noisy, so if you are looking to relax at the resort it might be a good idea to pick a different resort from the values and Caribbean during this time.

I am sure they are lovely individuals, but I hear the cheerleaders actually cheer everywhere they go, so I am warning some of the February travelers that the dance competition and the cheerleaders will be invading your magical holiday February2-10. I have done a little leg work and found their information and package information via the ESPN website and they will be staying at the All-Stars and Caribbean Beach. Some may deviate from this plan, but it looks like the cheer organizations will be steering them for the most part to these resorts. Also they will take over Hollywood Studios on the weekends, so my family is choosing to avoid that park on the weekends as an extra precaution. Like I have said, I am sure they are lovely, but they are kids and HUGE groups of kids tend to be noisy, so if you are looking to relax at the resort it might be a good idea to pick a different resort from the values and Caribbean during this time.

From first hand experiance, I'd say that they don't cheer "everywhere they go". They do, however, run in packs of 10-20 (including their chaperones), so if you get stuck behind or directly in front of them in a ride line you'll hear them screech and scream until you actually get on the ride. And, they tend to cut lines to get back with their pack, which is annoying.

We are going in February as well. Was waiting for Free dining but it looks like s/p/d will be the offer. Right now, we have POR booked for 2/2-2/13, 3 adults 2 children ages 13 & 15. We booked PH WP&M options with 10 day park hopper and regular dining and our total was 7232.00. Hoping to save A LOT more!

Anyone care to take a shot at the math on the S/P/D offer? lol

We're staying at AoA in a suite and the discount came out to about 15%. For a family of 4 it approximately equaled free dining. Not bad considering it's a value resort.

Looks like they are updating it as we speak! Just logged on to the Disneytravel website and it now has the new "Stay and Play" offer on the main page. However, when I tried to get a quote online it said that they were updating and to try back later. Same thing happened when I called! Let's hope for some $$ savings for everyone!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

The 'up to 30% off' link is in the bottom right corner at the WDW home page, but it is still under construction.... just one more day! :hourglass

Thinking of a premium plan. Will any of the RO discounts carry over to the premium plan? Thanks for any info.

Jimmo46 said:
Thinking of a premium plan. Will any of the RO discounts carry over to the premium plan? Thanks for any info.

Great question. I'd like to know also.

So excited!!

Just got off the phone with disney. At 1st I was told there were no moderate hotel rooms left for the deal but that didn't make much sense... After being put on hold for another 10 mins, the CM came back on the phone and said he found it.

So...
Myself, DH, DD11, DS10
Feb 6-16
POR garden view
10 day PH w water park option
DDP( regular)
$4216.74 ( instead of $6044.24)

Is this too good to be true???

Please share your pkg price, dates, # of people, hotels, tickets etc.
Thanks

I called right at 7AM this morning. Assuming they applied the Stay, Play, Dine pin...

2 Adults 2 Kids 1 infant
2/1/13-2/8/13
POR preferred room
8 day MYW base tickets (no hopper, park option, etc)
Regular Dining plan

$3035:cheer2:

Original package price was $3885

Good luck to everyone! My mom is on her way for a visit and wants to book a package for herself and her three sisters. I'm assuming it will save her even more $$ as they will be a group of 4 adults? It's still not clear to me if the discount was a % of the total cost or what!:confused3

-Kelly

The system must be back up. I got through about 20 minutes ago. Got a better discount than even what I had priced out myself with the Visa stay/play/dine offer.
See you all in February!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter