• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2010

I'll be down February 7th to the 12!

First time staying at a DVC. I'll be going with my friend's family who go this week just about every year for my friend's dad's birthday. Last I heard we were staying at the Beach Club but I should know for sure in the next week or so!

Hi all...First post.................2nd trip to disney! Feb 12 thru 19th. :woohoo:
I wish I would have found this board before our first trip. Great tips and information.

I've been lurking the boards for a month or so now, planning our February 2010 trip. Now I know where the rest of the 2/2010 peeps are!

This will be trip #2 for 11-year old DS and first for 5-year old ODS (other DS).
DW and I used to be cast members back in the 1990's so we can't wait to get back and see all the changes. I'm not sure whether we'll be excited to see all the new stuff or disappointed it's not going to be like we remember.

Still waiting on rates to decide on a resort. Anyone ever rent DVC points?

Rob

I've been lurking the boards for a month or so now, planning our February 2010 trip. Now I know where the rest of the 2/2010 peeps are!

This will be trip #2 for 11-year old DS and first for 5-year old ODS (other DS).
DW and I used to be cast members back in the 1990's so we can't wait to get back and see all the changes. I'm not sure whether we'll be excited to see all the new stuff or disappointed it's not going to be like we remember.

Still waiting on rates to decide on a resort. Anyone ever rent DVC points?

Rob

I am a DVC member and have rented points out but have also rented points before I was a member. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Where did you work when you were a CM? Just curious! I love hearing about the CM's jobs!

I can't believe there aren't more folks going in Feb!!!!

Then maybe it won't be busy when we are down there and we won't have to wait long for things. ;)

I'm so happy to say the disney tickets are bought!!! :dance3:

Between that, having our house booked and van rental booked (can change it if prices go down, but at least I'm locked in on this price right now) it's going to take forever for February to get here!

We are in a pickle! We usually go February during Spring Break and were there this year. However, we are toying with the idea of going again this year in December to see Disney in all of its Christmas glory. If we do that, we may put off our Feb. trip (Feb. and Nov. are our favorite times to go) and go early April. We have never been when it is a little warmer, so our kids might enjoy the water parks. It is hard for me to wander away from traditions, so who knows what will happen!!! Besides---I love the weather in Feb. and Nov.!!!!

Where did you work when you were a CM? Just curious! I love hearing about the CM's jobs!
\

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I worked at Disneyland for 6 years! I worked in Adventureland/Frontierland in Merchandise. Was a shift supervisor and then went into Mgmt in Restaurants for my last 2 years I was there.

Then maybe it won't be busy when we are down there and we won't have to wait long for things. ;)

I'm so happy to say the disney tickets are bought!!! :dance3:

Between that, having our house booked and van rental booked (can change it if prices go down, but at least I'm locked in on this price right now) it's going to take forever for February to get here!

I know I'm hoping for low crowds, but I'll be there during President's Weekend and it's always very busy. Luckily that comes at the end of the trip so I can just relax.

Congrats on having so much booked!:thumbsup2

We are in a pickle! We usually go February during Spring Break and were there this year. However, we are toying with the idea of going again this year in December to see Disney in all of its Christmas glory. If we do that, we may put off our Feb. trip (Feb. and Nov. are our favorite times to go) and go early April. We have never been when it is a little warmer, so our kids might enjoy the water parks. It is hard for me to wander away from traditions, so who knows what will happen!!! Besides---I love the weather in Feb. and Nov.!!!!

I've gone in Dec, Jan, Feb, June, Aug, Sept, Oct. I will say late Jan/early Feb are my favorite times to go. In 08 I was able to go to Typhoon Lagoon 2x and Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club 2x as well...It's a gamble with the weather, but if you're flexible you can adjust your touring to the weather. Typhoon Lagoon both days I went was completely empty. No one thinks to go to the waterparks during the winter even though it's warm.

\

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I worked at Disneyland for 6 years! I worked in Adventureland/Frontierland in Merchandise. Was a shift supervisor and then went into Mgmt in Restaurants for my last 2 years I was there.

Ok, I am now officially jealous of you! I would love to work at WDW at some point in my life! Did you enjoy your time at Disney as a CM?

We are going January 30-February 6th!! Staying at the CR for the first time.... so excited. 2nd time going deluxe dining plan!! The boys will be 2 and 5 and we will be celebrating the 5 year old 's birthday- which he is VERY excited and proud about!!

We are going January 30-February 6th!! Staying at the CR for the first time.... so excited. 2nd time going deluxe dining plan!! The boys will be 2 and 5 and we will be celebrating the 5 year old 's birthday- which he is VERY excited and proud about!!

We will be there almost the exact same time, but we are arriving Jan. 31st! We are also staying at CR for the 1st time! :woohoo:

Fed 6th - feb 12th 2010!!! WOOT!!! Gonna make our 1st payment on aug 7th (provided that the prices are out) and gonna stay at pop.

Yes, thanks for putting it in one place! Now that there is a list I feel legit! I will update with hotel when I figure that part out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter