February 1, 2013- 4 night Magic from Galveston

:

So are we!! I just finished the FE gifts and have started packing. I just hope the weather in TX isn't bad in two weeks because we have a longer drive than some!

:wave2:See everyone soon!

Pray for today's weather. It's GORGEOUS here today!!! :thumbsup2 --Katie

Yes you have a touch longer drive than we do. When do you plan on heading down? We are leaving Thursday morning after we take the pups to their pet resort and then we will pick up the other two kids in Rockwall and head on down.
We will be at the east beach La Quinta and plan on dinner at the Fisherman's Wharf. That is our plans.

We won't leave here until Thursday after school. That way Tate won't miss that day too. We won't make it to Galveston until midnight I bet! My dad booked the hotel and I can't remember which one it is, but it is near the port. We are boarding at 11:30 and can't wait to check out the ship!:)

Pray for today's weather. It's GORGEOUS here today!!! :thumbsup2 --Katie

It was gorgeous up here also. DH, DD and I went flying this afternoon to take some pictures for our church and it was so nice. It was not real cold, and the sun was so nice.

We won't leave here until Thursday after school. That way Tate won't miss that day too. We won't make it to Galveston until midnight I bet! My dad booked the hotel and I can't remember which one it is, but it is near the port. We are boarding at 11:30 and can't wait to check out the ship!:)

We board at 11:00 and I know the kids will be ready to see what their dad, sister and I have been talking about!!

twokats said:
We board at 11:00 and I know the kids will be ready to see what their dad, sister and I have been talking about!!

I can't believe you pulled off keeping the cruise a secret for this long! Awesome Job! :)

twokats said:

My girls still don't have a clue! Hoping I can pack without them figuring it out!

It is a beautiful morning here in Galveston! :) Hope this is the weather we have the morning of departure! :cool1:

slesco said:
My girls still don't have a clue! Hoping I can pack without them figuring it out!

Haha! The comment I posted was for slesco! Sorry for posting as a response to your post twokats :) and again Awesome Job on keeping the cruise a secret slesco! =]

It is a beautiful morning here in Galveston! :) Hope this is the weather we have the morning of departure! :cool1:

Completely agree. We were talking about that this morning. After all the rain and cold that we have had here in SE Texas, this weather is a nice change and hoping it continues.:beach:

What a beautiful day here in Houston. I just saw in my car that it is a whopping 72 degrees. Here's hoping we have that on Febr 1. We might actually be able to swim on sail away day. I did notice on our last cruise they kept the pools at around 88 degrees but it was the brisk wind getting out of the pool that got me chilled. :cool1: Sherry

Hello! We are looking forward to our first Disney cruise. We are bringing our 5 year old twin boys- who don't even know we are going yet (going to make it a last minute surprise!) Our baby girls is going to be staying behind with her grandparents.

Since this is our first Disney Cruise, I wasn't aware of the fish extender program until I just started looking at these boards. It sounds like something my boys would really enjoy. I know the group on this board is closed. Does anyone know of any other boards, or another way, we can join in on a fish extender group?

Thanks!

I still have extra so I can add you to my list. You can not send a pm( personal message) until you have 10 posts. But as soon as you do you can pm me your names, room number and ages of the kids. Sherry:cool1:

Thanks so much, Sherry! We are the Holmes':

Angie
Frank
Payton (M) (5)
Jackson (5)
Cabin 6568

Any other takers? :)

I have a couple of questions for you veterans out there.

Parking-- where's the best place? And are there coupons online for some?

Cozumel-- My husband and I have been there several times on cruises but this was all before kiddos when we usually spent time at the beach and Carlos n Charlies :). What is the best thing to do there with two five year olds in tow? I'm thinking the ocean is going to be too chilly this time of year??

TIA!!!

Cruise newbie question: How does gratuity work on the ship? Looked through my paperwork tonight (in my closet so the kids didn't catch me)

Hello! We are looking forward to our first Disney cruise. We are bringing our 5 year old twin boys- who don't even know we are going yet (going to make it a last minute surprise!) Our baby girls is going to be staying behind with her grandparents.

Since this is our first Disney Cruise, I wasn't aware of the fish extender program until I just started looking at these boards. It sounds like something my boys would really enjoy. I know the group on this board is closed. Does anyone know of any other boards, or another way, we can join in on a fish extender group?

Thanks!

The way it works this is THE board. The only way to have a group is if any of the members have some extra from theirs to include you. Skayrobe has already noted she can add you. I think my two rooms can add you since I am still in the middle of things (I know I have to kick it up a notch or two and get finished!!!). I will add another note at the bottom of the FE list for y'all and that will at last give you a small taste of it and hopefully you will enjoy and have more cruises and chances to get into the fun. I warn you that most cruises have their FE deadline a month before sailing as we did.

If any others can add this group post and I will keep up with it.

TXmomoftwinsplus1, I need your family information (names, ages of kids and stateroom #).
Any other questions, please ask away.

Thanks so much, Sherry! We are the Holmes':

Angie
Frank
Payton (M) (5)
Jackson (5)
Cabin 6568

Any other takers? :)

I have a couple of questions for you veterans out there.

Parking-- where's the best place? And are there coupons online for some?

Cozumel-- My husband and I have been there several times on cruises but this was all before kiddos when we usually spent time at the beach and Carlos n Charlies :). What is the best thing to do there with two five year olds in tow? I'm thinking the ocean is going to be too chilly this time of year??

TIA!!!

You answered as I was writing. I will get with you in the next day or so and give you some additional information.

I was told by another member of our group that Lighthouse Parking was good. I looked at their website and the pics are good and all spaces are covered parking. I have a reservation with them for our time period.

twokats said:
You answered as I was writing. I will get with you in the next day or so and give you some additional information.

I was told by another member of our group that Lighthouse Parking was good. I looked at their website and the pics are good and all spaces are covered parking. I have a reservation with them for our time period.

I can add you as well :)

Cruise newbie question: How does gratuity work on the ship? Looked through my paperwork tonight (in my closet so the kids didn't catch me)��!

The day before the last night of the cruise they will leave envelopes in your room that gives the amount for each cm in question. You can let it be charged to your room or I think you can go to the service desk and take care of it, especially if you want to add extra, or you can put extra cash in the envelope also. Then you take the dining staff envelopes with you to your last dinner and give it to them at that time and I leave my room host on my bed when I go to dinner and that way he gets it when he does my room that night. That is my experience, anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter