February 1, 2013- 4 night Magic from Galveston

twokats said:
My solution is book more cruises. I have enough stuff to do FE gifts for several cruises and I still buy little things I see for the future.
I also have several outfits that I have bought just for cruises.
That is my cure!!! ;)

LMBO .... Soooo I tried your advice on my DH and his answer was ... Can we get through this one first! .... My answer WHATEVER LOL ... I like your response MUCH BETTER!

LMBO .... Soooo I tried your advice on my DH and his answer was ... Can we get through this one first! .... My answer WHATEVER LOL ... I like your response MUCH BETTER!

My DH went on the first cruise just to keep peace (it was for our 25th wedding anniversary).
I went all out and got a verandah room, but chose the Wonder going to Nassau for 4 nights, so we would know if we could handle it or not.
He loved it and now whenever I am in planning mode, he says, when and where are we going next?
He does expect the verandah room, so we spend a little more, but I figure we are worth it. We have two cruises on the books right now. The February cruise, plus we are booked for the Panama Canal repo cruise in September. My plan is to book future cruises on both of these. DH knows and is looking forward to WHATEVER I decide. Love that man!!!!

twokats said:
My DH went on the first cruise just to keep peace (it was for our 25th wedding anniversary).
I went all out and got a verandah room, but chose the Wonder going to Nassau for 4 nights, so we would know if we could handle it or not.
He loved it and now whenever I am in planning mode, he says, when and where are we going next?
He does expect the verandah room, so we spend a little more, but I figure we are worth it. We have two cruises on the books right now. The February cruise, plus we are booked for the Panama Canal repo cruise in September. My plan is to book future cruises on both of these. DH knows and is looking forward to WHATEVER I decide. Love that man!!!!

Awww :') I hope my DH has the same attitude after this cruise!

So I've never been on a forum/board before so my apologies in advance for any faux pas! I just booked this cruise for myself and two DD (6,9). I have also convinced my parents to book as well...they are avid cruisers but have never gone Disney before. My question is, are there any activities for single parents on the cruise or singles in general (my DD's may ditch me for all of the club activities!):love:

I know this may sound silly, but will the pools be open at any point on this cruise? My DS(3) stayed in the pool on our Carnival cruise, granted it was in August, so I wondered what I need to prep him for before boarding. By the way, we are super excited as this is our FIRST Disney Cruise! :woohoo: I was interested in getting only him in the FE after reading about it, but I don't have time to get/make gifts. How many people are on the list?

I do remember on our cruise in December that there was a singles lunch. There are lots of adult activities that I went alone to, while my husband went to his activities . And yes, the kids will probably ditch you. The adult pool area is great. I always see someone from our forum there. Can't wait to meet every one at the meet and greet. :cool1: Sherry

I do remember on our cruise in December that there was a singles lunch. There are lots of adult activities that I went alone to, while my husband went to his activities . And yes, the kids will probably ditch you. The adult pool area is great. I always see someone from our forum there. Can't wait to meet every one at the meet and greet. :cool1: Sherry

Awesome! So when and where will the meet and greet be?

I know this may sound silly, but will the pools be open at any point on this cruise? My DS(3) stayed in the pool on our Carnival cruise, granted it was in August, so I wondered what I need to prep him for before boarding. By the way, we are super excited as this is our FIRST Disney Cruise! :woohoo: I was interested in getting only him in the FE after reading about it, but I don't have time to get/make gifts. How many people are on the list?

The main list is closed. The add=ons are only if anyone can add extras to theirs. Most of us are finishing up, since it is getting so close to the cruise.

So I've never been on a forum/board before so my apologies in advance for any faux pas! I just booked this cruise for myself and two DD (6,9). I have also convinced my parents to book as well...they are avid cruisers but have never gone Disney before. My question is, are there any activities for single parents on the cruise or singles in general (my DD's may ditch me for all of the club activities!):love:

On our cruise this last spring on the Fantasy which was just DH and me, I did a lot of the adult and family activities by myself that DH did not want to join in on. At some there were some of our Disgroup in the activity that I would sit with and others, I just was by myself and had a blast both ways. The alone time was nice.

I saw the multitude of activities for kids...art classes, cooking classes, etc. are these things that I can pre register my DD's for or do I have to wait till we're on the ship? I've scoured the page and can't find how to enroll them:/

I saw the multitude of activities for kids...art classes, cooking classes, etc. are these things that I can pre register my DD's for or do I have to wait till we're on the ship? I've scoured the page and can't find how to enroll them:/

They will print a Navigator for each day - you usually get the first one when you check in - then after that - they are placed in your room when they come in to turn down the room. It will have all the activities for the next day listed. Most of the ones that the kiddos do in the clubs - you just show up and participate. There are a few things here an there that you have to sign up for - but I think those are mostly on specialty cruises - like a Christmas time and also on the longer cruises - like a gingerbread house making - and on the longer cruises Tea with Wendy. Not sure that there are any of those on the 4 night cruise, though.....

Absolutely can't wait - only 15 more days!!!! :banana:

Jana

:
Good Morning! The Official 2 week Mark has ARRIVED!!!!! So EXCITED =]

So are we!! I just finished the FE gifts and have started packing. I just hope the weather in TX isn't bad in two weeks because we have a longer drive than some!

:wave2:See everyone soon!

:

So are we!! I just finished the FE gifts and have started packing. I just hope the weather in TX isn't bad in two weeks because we have a longer drive than some!

Yes you have a touch longer drive than we do. When do you plan on heading down? We are leaving Thursday morning after we take the pups to their pet resort and then we will pick up the other two kids in Rockwall and head on down.
We will be at the east beach La Quinta and plan on dinner at the Fisherman's Wharf. That is our plans.

Yes you have a touch longer drive than we do. When do you plan on heading down? We are leaving Thursday morning after we take the pups to their pet resort and then we will pick up the other two kids in Rockwall and head on down.
We will be at the east beach La Quinta and plan on dinner at the Fisherman's Wharf. That is our plans.

Kathy, I stayed at that La quinta this passed summer. I took the kids for a small beach weekend (even though we live an hour from Galveston)

TWO WEEKS!!!!:dance3:

ginamc said:
:

Looking Forward to seeing you too!

Kathy, I stayed at that La quinta this passed summer. I took the kids for a small beach weekend (even though we live an hour from Galveston)

TWO WEEKS!!!!:dance3:

I do love my La Quinta's. So far I have not had a bad one yet. Even the older ones are nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter