• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb. 21, 2004 Eastern Cruise

westjones

DIS Veteran
I hadn't noticed a thread for this cruise, so thought I would start one. This will be our 5th cruise (we actually have a 3 day one coming up in September of this year). We went on the 7 day Western, but never the 7 day Eastern, so we are really looking forward to this one!

Is anyone else joining us!

DJ

We are in! Myself, DW, DS(9 during cruise), DS(5) and MIL and FIL.

We cruised this same time last year to the same place and loved it. Looking forward to some excursions now that youngest will be 5. Any suggestions at St. Marrten or St. Thomas/St. John?

woody64

Glad to hear you loved this time when you cruised before. We have always cruised in September and have no idea what to expect at the end of February. Will the water be warm enough for the kids to get in at Castaway Cay?

The only excursion we have in mind right now is the Butterfly Garden one. DH would also like a sailing excursion if they have it (he loves sailboats, but has seldom been on one).

After our 3 day cruise in September, I am sure I will start focusing on our excursions on the 7 day one.
DJ

westjones:

Who is sailing with you? Also the water was a little chilly but my 2 DS's had no trouble playing in the water all day at CC. In regards to the sailing, my FIL did the Regatta Race in St. Maarten and LOVED it. He loves to sail and to be in an actual race aboard former America's Cup boats was awesome. If you book the morning race you can still be back at the ship by noon.

woody64

I have twin DDs (will be 10 when we cruise). They will probably give the water a try even if it is cool. I would love for the temps to be cooler than we have experienced because we enjoyed the bike ride so much and would love to do it again (in cooler weather).

DJ

westjones:

This past Feb we had rain/clouds on Sun., late showers on Mon. then sunny and 85ish the rest of the week. It was great. By the way I think you will love OKW. We are DVC members(thanks to inlaws) and that is our home resort. It is nice having the kitchen/kitchenette area for breakfast or making sandwiches for parks. You can also take a boat ride from OKW to Downtown Disney.

woody64

This is our 1 year anniversary for being DVC members, and so far we are thrilled with our purchase. We are using points for this September's 3 day cruise and our 4 night stay at OKW (1 bedroom). The Feb. 21, 2004, cruise is a 'cash' cruise (no points used).

I am excited about both of these trips. We love cruising, and I have to admit I am a bit more excited about our Feb. 2004 seven night cruise. The three day ones go by SO fast. But our twin DDs have celebrated each birthday from their 7th to their 9th on the cruise, so this 3 day one will be for their 10th birthday. They are missing the cruise for their 11th birthday because DCL isn't offering any cruises on September 19th (no 7 days, no 3 days, no 4 days -- the Wonder is in Dry Dock and I have no idea why there isn't a 7 day Eastern one offered). So that is why we decided to take our cruise in February instead. Something to help us get through the winter. Then we have a December 4 day cruise later that year (2 cruises in 2004, I can't believe it!).

Sounds like it could be very nice for us in February is we miss the rain! I really want to bike at CC again. It is so nice there!
DJ

westjones:

When the trip gets closer and you would like info on a grocery store near OKW(assuming you're renting a car) let me know and I can stear you to one. We are usually in a 2 bedroom with in-laws(yes we get along great) and try to eat some meals in. You will love OKW.

Waiting for this cruise is going to kill me as wife scrapbooks and keeps pulling the pictures out. Even DS(4 1/2) looks at us and says "Let's go to deck 9 for ice cream at Scoops". I think we've created a monster.

woody64

I know that I've created monsters with regards to the Disney Cruise, especially since we started celebrating the twins' birthdays on the cruise for the past 3 years (and will again this year). If DCL had scheduled a cruise that would be sailing on Sept. 19th next year, we would be doing that. But since they aren't, we are trying out this Feb. 21st cruise, and the one right before Christmas (we have always wanted to see the decorations on the ship).

In 2005, we will be back to cruising on their birthdays. Lucky for us, their birthdays are in September (low price season).

OKW sounds great. I can't wait to try it out. The DVC resorts we really wanted to try were Hilton Head, Beach Club Villas, Old Key West, and the Wilderness Lodge. After this year, the Wilderness Lodge will be the last one on our list to try. We also wanted to try the 'roller coaster' slide at Boardwalk, and were able to do that when we stayed at Beach Club (we pool hopped over there).

Between our love of the Disney Cruise, and our new membership in the Disney Vacation Club, I have a feeling we will be doing a LOT of Disney vacations!
DJ

Dreams was able to get my cruise rate dropped by $88 today. I checked the DCL website and saw that my Cat. 11 cabin for 2 adults / 2 kids (under 12) went down, and I asked Dreams to check on it and they did. Then they reduced my price by $88.

You guys might want to check out your prices for this cruise too. See if your's went down too.

Can't Wait! I am really excited about this cruise. Wish it wasn't so far away.
DJ

Count us in - me, DH, DS (19), DD (16); Niece & DH, Nephew (8), Niece (4), Sister and another niece (28).

Welcome thess to the DIS board and our cruise link. I am excited to see another 8-9 year old boy as I have a DS who will be 9 during cruise. If you haven't cruised the DIS board before it has lots of great info and tips and really helped on our 1st DCL trip this past Feb. Tell the rest of the members in your party to take a look as well.

woody64

I transferred to DU last week in hopes of additinal savings...and received a $100 rebate from DU.:jester: Cathy said the price of our cabin(cat 8) actually has gone up but we will take what ever we can.

I have noticed on the DCL website that cat. 7 are not available to book. Any other 2/21/04 people out their?

woody64

I have a feeling we will have more people on our list as the time gets closer. We are very excited about this cruise because we have only been on the Western 7 day before. This will be our first trip on the Eastern.

The 7 day cruise is so relaxing. I wish we had more vacation time (and more money) so we could do a 7 day every year!

I didn't realize some of the catagories for this sailing are already sold out! Wow!

Well, I will have two 10 year old girls (twins) with me on the ship. It will be their first time in the 10-12 group.

DJ

whytcrystal-
I like your timer better as you are a couple of hours ahead of me. We actually come in the day before so my trip will start before I reach 0. Almost under 300! Yay...I think

woody 64

I didn't realize that tomorrow would mark our 300 days until the cruise! Cool! Although, 30 sounds better (and 3 even better! ;) ).

When we booked this cruise we thought that it would help us get through the winter months (knowing that at the end of February we would be sailing into sunshine!).

We have our 3 day in September to do first before this one, but you can't compare a 3 day cruise to a 7 day cruise. They are just so different. We are REALLY looking forward to this 7 day cruise!

Glad to see others are thinking 300 days ahead too!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter