Feb. 21, 2004 Eastern Cruise

Bumping this for Gina and where is everyone else. We know you're out there plus who has joined us recently.

Almost under 200.

woody

Yay, you found the thread!! *cheers Woody* Thanks!!

Woo hoo, almost under 200 days!!

Hi all-
Just got in from Canada, now anxious for the cruise. Welcome to all new comers. Gina- we are staying at the radisson also - coming in on Thursday. Do we have any teens in our group yet?

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Gina- we are staying at the radisson also - coming in on Thursday.

Alright, a DIS meet in the making!!! :Pinkbounc We had a great time poolside the night before our last cruise with other DIS'ers, while the kids chased each other around and got to know each other too. :) Looking forward to another fun DIS meet!

-gina-

whytcrystal,

My family is also going on the 2/21/04 Magic cruise. You asked about any teens in our group. I have a twelve year old daughter (who acts like she is 20!). I don't know if she qualifies as a teenager for you though. I am a little concerned about activities for her while we are onboard. I am afraid that she may be bored with the Oceaneer's Lab, but she isn't old enough to go to Common Grounds.

bassoongirl

Hi everyone...We just booked our first Disney Cruise and I am so excited. We will be on the February 21, 2004 Magic! I will be traveling with my DD 3, DS, D BIL, nephew (15) and my mother! I have been on 2 Carnival Cruises, but the rest of my family has never cruised before...so I can't wait to see how much they love it. Judging from what I've been reading on these boards this Disney Cruise will be fantastic...:Pinkbounc

jerseygirlinvt ~

Welcome to the DIS, and welcome to our party!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
How did you like the Carnival cruises? I've had that while people like them, they are nothing like the Disney cruises... that makes sense to me! It seems that people have a very different image of what a "Disney cruise" is than what it really is -- people seem to picture loud, garish color schemes, and calliope music playing, and furniture shaped like crayons or something. They can't believe the pictures when I show them the inside of the ship, how elegant and beautiful it all is. But still keeping that Disney charm!

I'm itching to be back on that ship, can you tell?? :)

Glad to have you along!!

-gina-

Hi Gina, Thanks for the warm welcome to the Dis Boards...I've been reading for several months now, first to help plan our trip to WDW back in May, and thats what got me interested in the Disney Cruise! I have learned so much from all the posts! These people have so much great information...!

My husband and I cruised on Carnival for our honeymoon back in February 2000. We had a great time...but I'm anticipating that the Magic will be even better! my DD will be 3 1/2 when we go in February and she loves all the characters, so I can hardly wait to see her excitement! I think Disney will be great for a family vacation. My nephew is 15, and I know he will love all the teen activities...I just hope there will be a lot of teens on a February Cruise. Here in Vermont the kids get a winter break from school in February, but I'm not sure that other schools all over the country will have off during that time.

Thanks to all of the Disney Fans out there who have provided so much great info to all of us that are new to these boards!:)

Welcome to the Dis boards and to our cruise. My whole family can't wait. We even watched the DCL video last night and the "home movies" from our DCL trip last Feb.

We are coming in Fri and staying at OKW with points thru DVC. We will take the buses early Sat. morning. Gina-I told my DS's about the travel folder for Y-O cards your son now has and they want the same and are begging to bring some of theirs along. Let the dueling begin. Your kids too basoongirl.

Has anyone thought of what excursions they might take yet. The only one we have planned is a trip to St. John as we have been to Megans Bay twice(and loved it) but have heard such wonderful things about St. John. Kids want to go back to Great Bay Beach in St. Maarten and play in the waves there.

Almost under 200!!!!

woody

UNDER 200 DAYS!!!! WOO HOO!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Woody, we got that Yugi binder at Wal-mart for under $8. It's about 6 x 9, and they had one with Yugi and one with Kaiba on it. It's a great size for travel, and I think it holds about 50 cards? I'll have to check with DS on that.

As for excursions, I haven't really thought about it... when we cruised Eastern before, we did the St. Thomas Island Tour -- the open-air bus that went to St. Peter's Greathouse and Mountaintop and some other scenic spots. It was perfect for us. Then I just shopped there at Havensight to shop. St. Maarten, the shopping was so awesome, that's all I did -- and enjoyed the quiet ship the rest of the time. I think that's probably what I'll do again.

Yay, less than 200 days!! :) :) :)

-gina-

I swear the airlines are either having secret sales, or secretly have lowered their fares... I have my Travelocity fare alert set to notify me when the RT fare between Houston-Hobby and MCO drops below $200, which is a pretty good darn deal -- especially in the past couple of years. I got an alert this morning that it had dropped to $163, but out of Houston-Intercontinental. It was on Delta, so I decided to go check out Delta directly. Put in my dates and the correct airport, and it came up as $123 RT base fare!!!

I checked and double-checked and made sure I had put in the right info, then I bought those suckers! The actual fare came out to $157 apiece with all the stupid fees and taxes and tariffs, but that is still a LOT less than what I was expecting to shell out. There just aren't very cheap airfares from Houston to MCO. Even SW is usually $99 each way, and that's when they have it on sale. I'm so excited!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hey Woody, you got me thinking about excursions, and I went back and read everything in my Passporter about the ones offered. Now I'm thinking that the Golden Eagle Catamaran sounds *really* neat. I had it in my head that Tyler Dean wasn't old enough... not sure where I got that. LOL I'm still not sure I'll be able to afford any excursions, but I think I'd like to do that one if I can.

Okay, so, where IS everybody?!?? I can't be the only one already so excited! :) :)

-gina-

Gina-
That is an excellent deal! Last Sept when we went I paid 199.00 and when they went down to 157.00 I had Delta send us vouchers. THEN from CVG to MCo we got bumped to First Class!! This time I paid 202.00 but it was worth not playing the waiting game since it is our school vacation up this way.
Speaking of excursions, I don't recall there being so many on CC. Was I just not paying attention last Sept?

Originally posted by whytcrystal
Speaking of excursions, I don't recall there being so many on CC. Was I just not paying attention last Sept?

The biggest excursion I undertake at CC is dragging myself off the lounger long enough to go eat at Cookie's. LOL But I'm going to try and go snorkeling this time first thing. We'll see. Kinda hard to snorkel with a Malibu Colada in my hand. *grin*

-gina-

Originally posted by whytcrystal
I have to try one of them! Perhaps we can toast to the cruise the night before at the Radisson!

Sounds like a great plan to me!! :) I had a couple of them there poolside last time, and they did a good job with them! I'll even buy ya one. :)

-gina-

Hey cruisers,

I check DIS almost every day to see what's happenin'.

Airfares:I'll have to check airfares between Chicago and MCO. We refuse to fly American because they only fly MD-80's and last year had to fly thru storms, not over, and had ice bounced out of our cups. Not a great way to end an awesome week.

I've heard great things about Golden Eagle. Some people we got to know last year went on it and loved it. We are going to go to St. John as the kids love Great Bay Beach.

Gina and Whytcrystal: while you're having a couple of Malibu Colada's I'm going to be having a couple of Turtle Crawls(Malibu, Meyer(sp),Bacardi,Cpt. Morgan, OJ, PJ and splash of Grenadine) at OKW. They call it a turtle crawl because Turtle Pond Rd. is the main road in OKW and after a couple of these you crawl home.LOL.

Glad to see others are here on the DIS.

woody

Originally posted by woody64
Gina and Whytcrystal: while you're having a couple of Malibu Colada's I'm going to be having a couple of Turtle Crawls(Malibu, Meyer(sp),Bacardi,Cpt. Morgan, OJ, PJ and splash of Grenadine) at OKW. They call it a turtle crawl because Turtle Pond Rd. is the main road in OKW and after a couple of these you crawl home.LOL.

Oh, man, those sound good too!! Anything with Malibu AND Capt. Morgan's *has* to be good. *grin*

Glad you're still among us, Woody!

-gina-

Hello Everyone!

I am glad you got this thread moved up into the more recent postings. I was afraid how far back I was going to have to look to find it!

Can you believe that we only have six more months to go until our cruise! Since I booked it back in March, the cruise seems a lot closer than it did before. I have read on the boards that people do the "double-digit dance" when they have less than 100 days to go. Is there any kind of dance for less than six months to go?

Gina, congratulations on your great airfare! I am still trying to find a good fare from Detroit to Orlando. I check all the travel websites nearly everyday. The best I can do so far is $316. Yikes!

bassoongirl

Yikes is right!! Man, I must have checked the Delta website at *just* the right time... I went and checked now, and the same RT ticket is now $317 per person!! :eek: Stupid airlines... and they wonder why their business is so down?? There's no rhyme or reason to anything they do. I hope you find you airfare, bassoongirl -- just keep checking those airline websites! Oh, and just FYI, in case anyone else does this... I usually check places like Orbitz and Travelocity -- but the airfare I got was through delta.com. Didn't show up on any of the travel searches. Sneaky airlines!!

I can't believe we're 6 months out, either... and I know how quickly it flies!! Especially as we get closer to the holidays... then it just seems to FLY.

I'm so excited -- I just won an ebay auction for a really pretty tropical outfit with a long wrap-around skirt. $4.24!! I love ebay... both mine and Tyler Dean's formal outfits came from there, as well as half my tropical wear. :)

-gina-

I have a spreadsheet countdown form outside my office and everyday one of my staff comments if I forget to cross out the day! I have been counting since Janurary, I was so glad when it was less then a year!! My SIL has been searching for her Airline tickets too. The rest of us are set going in on Thursday AM. I have a wierd question... If a flight is delayed due to weather do those people get out before anyone else going to the same location on different flights (same airline) or are they destine to scramble because all other flights are already scheduled? The reason I am asking is I figured getting out two days before the cruise is bound to get me there on time, RIGHT??!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter