Feb 1st any news on the rest of 2014?

MPS516 said:
THERE HERE :cool1:

Just got my e-mail about early booking.:wizard:

Are you gold/platinum?

aan1701 said:
I got that to. I did not know I have a vacation planer at DCL now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Man I want one! ;)

Thanks, any news of San Diego-Vancouver repo cruises?

There's a 5-night repo in May and a 4-night in September. I don't know why DCL is bothering with a 2-night cruise to nowhere from San Diego in May - other than it must be a big money maker. I think a 7-night repo to Vancouver would've been a lot more interesting and desirable than the 2-night + 5-night cruises.

There's a 5-night repo in May and a 4-night in September. I don't know why DCL is bothering with a 2-night cruise to nowhere from San Diego in May - other than it must be a big money maker. I think a 7-night repo to Vancouver would've been a lot more interesting and desirable than the 2-night + 5-night cruises.

Totally agree. May 2013 repo cruise is 7 days including 2 days in San Francisco and a day in Victoria. The 5-night repo in May 2014 has one day in San Francisco and doesn't stop in Victoria. yawn.

NancyIL said:
I don't know why DCL is bothering with a 2-night cruise to nowhere from San Diego in May - other than it must be a big money maker. I think a 7-night repo to Vancouver would've been a lot more interesting and desirable than the 2-night + 5-night cruises

7-nights one-way in May is a lot harder to sell than 2-nights round trip over a weekend. I am actually worried about getting a room on the 2-nighter Thursday morning. It's a short drive from our home and will put me and DH over to Gold status.

I am a Gold member and never seem to get any DCL e-mails. Can someone please let me know when we can book the new itineraries? Is it tomorrow2/13/13? :confused3

Platinum and gold can book tomorrow, first thing. Silver and new cruisers book starting Thursday.

cindy18 said:
Platinum and gold can book tomorrow, first thing. Silver and new cruisers book starting Thursday.

What time can gold book tomorrow? And is it true that it needs to be by phone and not online?
Thanks!

What time can gold book tomorrow? And is it true that it needs to be by phone and not online?
Thanks!

8 am eastern tomorrow. Had not heard that the website would not be set up to take reservations online. We are using a travel agent. I know a lot of people sit in front of their computers and use the phone too, just to hedge their bets.

7-nights one-way in May is a lot harder to sell than 2-nights round trip over a weekend. I am actually worried about getting a room on the 2-nighter Thursday morning. It's a short drive from our home and will put me and DH over to Gold status.

The 2-night cruise may sell well, but I doubt the 5-night will.

cindy18 said:
8 am eastern tomorrow. Had not heard that the website would not be set up to take reservations online. We are using a travel agent. I know a lot of people sit in front of their computers and use the phone too, just to hedge their bets.

There is no way for DCL to set up the website to only allow Gold and Platinum members to book, therefore they can only book by phone until it opens for everyone Thursday morning.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Looking forward to seeing some prices later...it's silly how I was so excited about the announcement yesterday and prices today - I am not even cruising with DCL next year due to other holiday plans :)

Meghatron said:
There is no way for DCL to set up the website to only allow Gold and Platinum members to book, therefore they can only book by phone until it opens for everyone Thursday morning.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sure it could be done. IT could go off the login castaway cay info and control the bookings to only the groups eligible on that day.

ACDSNY said:
Sure it could be done. IT could go off the login castaway cay info and control the bookings to only the groups eligible on that day.

Oh sure it can be done but we are talking Disney's IT department. This is just another thing in the long list of things they cannot manage to do. How long did it take them to fix DVC members not being allowed to book
ADRs online? And that was just a FIX! We are also talking the same people who "leaked" Alaska 9 night cruises and a Sitka port inactive links on their site weeks before the roll out. Someone finally figured it out and pulled them off. Sure they COULD manage to figure out gold and platinum bookings....but don't hold your breath that they read the manual on how to figure that out any time soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!