1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Feb 1st any news on the rest of 2014?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dman67, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

No news today then - maybe tomorrow?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

I see a lot of people complaining that nothing new was announced today. To be fair to DCL, did anyone actually see a release saying they were making a announcement today or was that rumor too? If there was nothing put out by DCL then in all fairness there is nothing to be upset about except for the fact you still don't know when it's time to give them more money.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

4. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

It's a dinner show so it's basically another specialty restaurant.

5. pequele

pequele Some people think they are cool because they can h

I just think it has to do with the whole Disney ways you to plan ahead (180 days for ADRs sort of thing not to mention the soon to be plan your rides ahead of time Fast Passes) then they drop the ball on releases like Wishes Desert Party, Pirates and Pals, park hours, and cruise itineraries to release those dates haphazardly. If prices stayed the same for months after first releasing a cruise, then probably no one would care. But since the fares can flux by the hour on the day they are released and people are able to tie up cabins with dummy fares for eons, then yes some people who do want to plan actually get upset that rumors don't pan out. I wouldn't say I am mad at DCL. I'm just bummed because I wanted to finally decide what trip I want to take but I have no clue still because I don't know what is out there. I may be fairly new to these boards but I have seen my share of rumors holding true (not all but some). Some people here DO have an inside to what makes Disney tick. I don't but I like to see people who seemed to be trusted by many make their prediction especially when they have info to back it up. Am I mad at whoever said today and it isn't? No, they made a prediction and to me it is kind of like Christmas....boo I didn't get a pony today! It is far different for someone who has done this once or twice (ok many times) to make a prediction saying release date tomorrow vs me who has no clue say it is tomorrow. It's all good, I have fun writhing in agony over these releases with the others here! Besides, it saves me money for just another day!

Ooo but how I love to stimulate the economy! Sigh.

6. NWmom

NWmom DIS Veteran

I'll go out and say I am glad for the delay.
    I need that next payday to make plans.

7. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

Yea- I think that's the only one, because it's a dinner show. The other shows are free; there are several choices for free restaurants and a bunch more for additional fee. But there is no set dinner seating- you eat whatever time you'd like in whatever restaurant you'd like.

8. pequele

I just got really excited seeing an email from DCL on my phone with the subject line: "it is almost time to reserve your Disney Cruise Line....."

It was telling me about Feb 23 when I can book activities on our upcoming cruise. Haha. I was so excited for a second haha

9. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

I'm NOT glad it's not today. Cause I'm on board leaving in an hour and if it have been confirmed, I would have been able to book onboard tomorrow, the way I wanted and not have to deal with a TA or having to play the dummy game.

10. MPS516

MPS516 Disney #2 Fan

Oh Well :confused3 was hoping for today because we want to start planning our 2014 but it is still early :hourglass If someone has a new rumor i can hang out by the computer and obsess over it, at least it is a mood booster :surfweb:

11. NWmom

NWmom DIS Veteran

That has to be very frustrating for you. Here's hoping they come out with it soon.

12. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

We received the same exact e-mail today as well. Got all excited :scared1: just to find out 2/23 it was our activity booking date for our June cruise. Oh well maybe next week.. :rolleyes2

13. DisneyOHFan

DisneyOHFan Livin' for Disney

Ha. I'm glad I'm not the only one who got unnecessarily excited when they received that e-mail today. But at lease I can look forward to booky port adventures for our June cruise since - can't look forward to booking a new one.

14. pequele

Waiting 33 more minutes to hear if anyone has some news today.

15. rantnnravin

rantnnravin No room in the suitcase? U can land a plane in it!

i wonder if they held off because of the situation with the Triumph - just like they held off a release when the whole Concordia thing happened

16. pequele

I wouldn't call the Triumph a disaster though. Heck their cruise was over, sailing back to port and now they got their cruise for free AND a discount on future cruises. I am sure some will even have travel insurance so they may get a double dip perhaps! They were never in danger just inconvienenced (sure greatly) in my opinion but that wouldn't turn me off from cruising. How does it help them even after the Concordia disaster to not open up cruises for sale? To me I would think it hurts them being off the market X number of days more. So they only sell 10 cruises that day vs 100. That is 10 more they sell than they would of they are closed.

17. rantnnravin

rantnnravin No room in the suitcase? U can land a plane in it!

I don't remember calling it a disaster - but my thinking was that maybe they held off in the wake of bad publicity for the "cruise industry" in general - pretty hard to drum up excitement when people develop apprehension about cruising due to an at sea incident.

Plus, there are a finite number of cruises - so a few days off the market really isn't going to affect things in the long run. They can't "keep making the widgets"

18. pequele

Announcement to e made at 10:45 EST! So much for other cruise ships in the industry wrecking havoc on their release dates whooooo hoooo

19. Stitchie13

Stitchie13 Earning My Ears

That's great news - will we be able to book today does anyone know?

20. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

If the news is true, tomorrow is probably the earliest anyone can book. That may be limited to Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members first, and then everyone else in subsequent days.

21. pillow

pillow DIS Veteran

Where? Is it something we can watch?

Jodie