• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

I think they said on Talking Dead, and I was falling asleep so I could be wrong, that it was some manual that will come into play in future episodes.

It did say yacht log. I want to like this show, but I just dislike some of the main characters so much. The mom and dad are very annoying. I'll stick with it, but I'm luke warm about the show right now.

It did say yacht log. I want to like this show, but I just dislike some of the main characters so much. The mom and dad are very annoying. I'll stick with it, but I'm luke warm about the show right now.
I agree. DDs can't stand Nick...his hair drives them crazy, LOL. They are all annoying except maybe Strand and he seems a little off.

I agree. DDs can't stand Nick...his hair drives them crazy, LOL. They are all annoying except maybe Strand and he seems a little off.

Yes I like that guy and the other one from when they were caught in the riot. I don't even know anyone's name yet...lol

I want to like the show but I feel the same way about the characters. I feel like I don't like any of them whereas on the walking dead I love just about everyone.

We were also very confused about why they were leaving the mansion...did the bombing start in the finale? We missed it. We caught on later in this show. So I assume the govt is bombing?

Still not liking the Mother, she is very annoying.

Not sure why the son who lost the mother jumped in the water and said he just wanted to go for a swim, that was strange.

I agree about the kid "going for a swim" - was he attempting suicide and then playing it off? Or truly just going for a swim?

When they came across that overturned boat in the water, I at first thought it was the airplane that should be showing up soon. It was hard for me to make out that it was the boat. I also didn't understand the significance if Nick grabbing the Yacht Log - is that like the passenger manifest? Why do they care?

What I do like about the show is the angle they are taking with it being early in the outbreak - people still very torn on who to help, what to do, where to go. Not knowing the status of other areas. Not having any kind of plan and just going with it. Basically a panic mode. I do think they should have showed the downfall more in the first season though. It seems as if they went from everything is fine to everything has gone to heck in a hand basket in about one episode.

I REALLY want to like this show too, and I do, but not as much as I thought I would. I just can't connect with the main characters, they seem kind of "cold" or something. I find the mom to be indifferent, the dad kind of wimpy, the daughter kind of annoying. I like the drug addicted son, I think he is the most interesting of the bunch. Salazar seems like he has some spark in him too. I keep comparing it to TWD, and how much I instantly connected with the main characters. I instantly like Rick and Shane and Glenn and Dale.

I also like that it is pre-apocolypse and the characters are kind of flopping around not knowing what's happening and trying to figure out what to do and where to go.

I will definitely stick with it since I am curious to see where they will go with the show. I just hope they bring in some more likable characters.

My thoughts. I do think Chris was thinking suicide (or just wasn't thinking and just need to get away) and then played it off when Nick came in after him. I thought it was actually a nice interaction between them when Nick said he was just going for a swim too.
Yes, it said Yacht Log in the plastic bag, and they did say that would play out into the storyline in the next few episodes.
I also like how they are still so fresh, that they want to help people, and are still trusting. We have had 6 years of the Walking Dead to know better. They are not there yet. Well, some of them are LOL.
The other thing is, they have no weapons! Ricks group had an arsenal from day 1, these people have almost nothing.
Strand, I like him alot, so far, but I don't trust him. He definitely has something going on, that they don't know about. But in this type of life, that may be a good thing and not a bag thing. He definitely has an interesting connection with Nick, he has more respect for Nick than most people do I think.
And what, walkers float/swim??? That's an issue we haven't come across yet. In TWD they use the water for safety, apparently in salt water, not so much LOL. So lesson learned, stay out of the water.

I agree about the kid "going for a swim" - was he attempting suicide and then playing it off? Or truly just going for a swim?

When they came across that overturned boat in the water, I at first thought it was the airplane that should be showing up soon. It was hard for me to make out that it was the boat. I also didn't understand the significance if Nick grabbing the Yacht Log - is that like the passenger manifest? Why do they care?

What I do like about the show is the angle they are taking with it being early in the outbreak - people still very torn on who to help, what to do, where to go. Not knowing the status of other areas. Not having any kind of plan and just going with it. Basically a panic mode. I do think they should have showed the downfall more in the first season though. It seems as if they went from everything is fine to everything has gone to heck in a hand basket in about one episode.

I watched a bit of Talking Dead and they did say this episode was set to be only a few hours after the end of the last one

The other thing is, they have no weapons! Ricks group had an arsenal from day 1, these people have almost nothing.

In TWD we didn't really see things from Day 1. When Rick awoke from his coma a lot of time had passed. He picked up weapons from his old police station and when he found the others they had established their own little group.

I watched a bit of Talking Dead and they did say this episode was set to be only a few hours after the end of the last one

I just meant in general. Before the show started, it was billed as what happens before we see the world as it is in The Walking Dead. But in the first season, they moved pretty quickly with showing the walkers, people killing walkers, people fleeing, everything going down in flames. It's more of a parallel and different perspective of the Walking Dead than a prequel to it now, IMO. Not a bad thing, but we still haven't gotten much insight on how the virus started and spread so quick.

We may be in the minority, but dh and I really like this show so far. We like seeing it from a different perspective than TWD. It is very hard to beat TWD but I like that it is just different enough.

I can't stand that Chris kid. I have wanted to smack him since his 1st episode of air time!! Then when he hit his dad. Man, oh, man...little punk. Sorry you lost your mom but you were a punk LONG before that.

I like Nick a lot. I think he has the most character development potential and I like that I have to keep guessing from week to week...will this be the week where he actually brushes his hair?!?!?! ;)

The mom annoys me but I could see her character developing to be more likeable over time. Same with Travis.

The Barber, sorry can't remember his name right now...he's smart. I would want him on my team. Same with Strand (even though I think he has ulterior motives for even bringing them aboard.)

Alicia...this part...why give a teenage girl the radio?! Stupid move. Dh and I kept saying, "Well, when they get hijacked by pirates, that's why." Looks like we could be right. We'll see.

I am glad to have this show to kill all the months without TWD. I hope it gets better because I see real potential if they do it right. JMO.

First time seeing this show in months, I have forgotten half of their names! :headache: Little slow last night, but I think it will start to pick up.

I can't blame Chris for hitting his date last night. He was made, his father shot and killed his mom, and even though he did what had to be done, he has to "blame" someone, and his father is the easiest target. I think him talking to Reuben (that barber, I can't remember his name on the show!!)was a good thing. He certainly has a way of getting to the heart of the matter.

I really like Reuben. He knows what is going on, he watches, he doesn't trust people, he is careful. Now, he just needs to train the others. Also notices, that of all the guns on board, he seems to be the only one holding / using them. Is it that he is the only one who knows how to us them, due to his past? I don't know, but If I had to pick anyone to be out there with, he would be one of my top picks.

I don't trust Strand. He seems like the type that would throw you in the water to save his own life. I think the decision he made, to not pick up those survivors, was the right one. I could not believe that wimpy dad agreed with him. You don't know if they are armed, or bitten or dangerous. There was to many of them. Yes, you are signing their death warrant by leaving them there, but better theirs than yours.

The mother is annoying me, as is her daughter. She gave out way to much info and now they are probably headed right towards them. Idiot girl. They gave her the radio to get her out of their hair and instead, she is going to get them killed.

The druggie son, stupid to go for a swim over towards the boat when you know that there are walkers in the water. Trying to figure out what use that Yacht Log is going to be to them in future episodes? How will that play into things?

I'm slowly warming up to the show. Nick and Salazar are the most interesting characters so far, and I'm not sure I want to think too much about what that says about me - I enjoy the characters with the least conscience the most! LOL

The other two teens make me want to slap them. But I suppose that's believable as teens go. Still, what the heck was the girl thinking to be flirting over the radio after seeing what they left behind in LA? And why are they heading for San Diego instead of out to sea to find somewhere less populated, knowing what is going on in the world?

I'm not sure I believe they are unarmed. Strand may have some surprises left on that boat... He seems like the sort of man who would have at least a gun and some ammo, "just in case". I suppose we'll see when that other boat catches up with them!

I'm slowly warming up to the show. Nick and Salazar are the most interesting characters so far, and I'm not sure I want to think too much about what that says about me - I enjoy the characters with the least conscience the most! LOL

The other two teens make me want to slap them. But I suppose that's believable as teens go. Still, what the heck was the girl thinking to be flirting over the radio after seeing what they left behind in LA? And why are they heading for San Diego instead of out to sea to find somewhere less populated, knowing what is going on in the world?

I'm not sure I believe they are unarmed. Strand may have some surprises left on that boat... He seems like the sort of man who would have at least a gun and some ammo, "just in case". I suppose we'll see when that other boat catches up with them!

That's a good thought. I bet you are right and he does have a mini arsenal on there. Lets hopes so because that boat is faster than the yacht.

Clearly he wasn't sharing his arsenal when they were on the beach LOL, since they were killing walkers with rocks and sticks.

I like Nick too, but I am getting tired of yelling at the TV for him to change his dang clothes!!! At the very least ditch the jacket.

Clearly he wasn't sharing his arsenal when they were on the beach LOL, since they were killing walkers with rocks and sticks.

But if it was something he'd already stashed on the boat, they wouldn't have had it when they were on the beach. I just have a hard time believing that a guy as relatively prepared as Strand was wouldn't have thought about weapons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter