• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FE question

bfamily5

DIS Veteran
Hi! On our next cruise we will be participating in our FE...seems so cool! I'm trying to come up with a cool idea and the one I have involves small home made goodies...is that allowed. I'm talking candy and a liquid, but nor commercially packaged....will we be able to bring something like that onboard? Its an idea from Pinterest , so I know its been done, just not sure if its legal! TIA!!

Hi! On our next cruise we will be participating in our FE...seems so cool! I'm trying to come up with a cool idea and the one I have involves small home made goodies...is that allowed. I'm talking candy and a liquid, but nor commercially packaged....will we be able to bring something like that onboard? Its an idea from Pinterest , so I know its been done, just not sure if its legal! TIA!!

OK for cruise, maybe not flights.

From the DCL website:

Q:What items are not permitted on board?
A:In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

•Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable food items plus any open snack containers

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/

and

Q:What food or food storage containers are not permitted?
A:Yes, but restrictions apply. Please review important guidelines below:
• Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable items plus any open snack containers cannot be brought onboard. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention.
• Non-perishable, government-approved snack food items in their sealed, original packaging may be brought aboard ship; however, items must be consumed prior to returning to the home port at the end of the cruise or still remain in their sealed original packaging.
• Crew members are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage facilities for personal food or beverage items. Disney Cruise Line cannot verify the cleanliness of the environment in which pre-cooked or homemade food items were prepared, and so for the safety of all Guests and crew, these items are not permitted aboard the ship.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/food-storage-containers/

Now, all that said, do people bring homemade goodies to eat/give away, yes they do. But it does go against DCL's policy.

Unfortunately, most food-related FE gifts that are not commercially packaged would be discarded by passengers. Too many worries about ingredients, storage, allergies, etc.

Unfortunately, most food-related FE gifts that are not commercially packaged would be discarded by passengers. Too many worries about ingredients, storage, allergies, etc.

We don't have any allergies or sensiticities but my paranoia and germaphobia mean we wouldn't try them. I think it's a lovely thought and I love making and receiving homemade FE gifts but food items should be saved for friends and neighbors rather than an anonymous exchange IMO.

We don't have any allergies or sensiticities but my paranoia and germaphobia mean we wouldn't try them. I think it's a lovely thought and I love making and receiving homemade FE gifts but food items should be saved for friends and neighbors rather than an anonymous exchange IMO.

I totally get what you are saying! Hopefully none of you are in my FE, so I'll run this by you, The pinterest pin suggested getting together a small sundae topping kit..small bags of sprinkles and candies The candy is fine, I can get that at Halloween, but the sprinlkles I would probably go to the bulk store and divide them into small bags..also wanted to do small jars of commercial chocolate sauce. So that's where the re-packaging would come in. I'm not baking cookies! :upsidedow What do you think?

I totally get what you are saying! Hopefully none of you are in my FE, so I'll run this by you, The pinterest pin suggested getting together a small sundae topping kit..small bags of sprinkles and candies The candy is fine, I can get that at Halloween, but the sprinlkles I would probably go to the bulk store and divide them into small bags..also wanted to do small jars of commercial chocolate sauce. So that's where the re-packaging would come in. I'm not baking cookies! :upsidedow What do you think?

Try Amazon for some mini sized bottles or packages of sprinkles. As for the chocolate sauce you could look for small bottles of that too. On our Alaskan cruise I did hot chocolate add-ins. On Amazon I found mini bottles of peppermint syrup. They looked like mini alcohol bottles, but were just the syrup, no alcohol. I also had small jars of mini marshmallows that I found on Amazon. I gave one bottle to each family along with some other things. Everything was completely sealed. I was planning to do a sundae add-in thing for our next cruise, but I wouldn't even attempt giving anything that wasn't fully sealed because I'd toss it if it was not and was given to me.

Try Amazon for some mini sized bottles or packages of sprinkles. As for the chocolate sauce you could look for small bottles of that too. On our Alaskan cruise I did hot chocolate add-ins. On Amazon I found mini bottles of peppermint syrup. They looked like mini alcohol bottles, but were just the syrup, no alcohol. I also had small jars of mini marshmallows that I found on Amazon. I gave one bottle to each family along with some other things. Everything was completely sealed. I was planning to do a sundae add-in thing for our next cruise, but I wouldn't even attempt giving anything that wasn't fully sealed because I'd toss it if it was not and was given to me.

TAHNK YOU!!!! I didn't think these things would exist!! Off to Amazon stat! :cheer2:

That's not bad at all! The only thing you would've touched is then the sprinkles. There would be no fear of unknown ingredients or you cooking something wrong/poorly. I really hate the thought of germs things but I would let my son have them if he wanted because you can sprinkle sprinkles in the bag without touching them and the chance of it being poison is pretty much zero. Someone gave us that last cruise and it was appreciated. No chocolate sauce though. That would be a treat! And if anyone wants to toss the sprinkles, it's still a great gift and you wouldn't be upset by that since it's not like you put hours into making them. ;-)

They have sprinkles and chocolate sauce at the ice cream station, so unless it's a gourmet chocolate, while it's a really cute idea, those 2 items are already available right next to the ice cream.

I'd look for things that aren't standard, maybe marshmallow cream, or mickey head shaped sprinkles if such a thing exists?

I have to agree... It's very nice they took the time. But it would be tossed.

That's not bad at all! The only thing you would've touched is then the sprinkles. There would be no fear of unknown ingredients or you cooking something wrong/poorly. I really hate the thought of germs things but I would let my son have them if he wanted because you can sprinkle sprinkles in the bag without touching them and the chance of it being poison is pretty much zero. Someone gave us that last cruise and it was appreciated. No chocolate sauce though. That would be a treat! And if anyone wants to toss the sprinkles, it's still a great gift and you wouldn't be upset by that since it's not like you put hours into making them. ;-)

Oh trust me...sprinkles could definitely be poisoned. Pretty much any food could be poisoned.

Oh trust me...sprinkles could definitely be poisoned. Pretty much any food could be poisoned.

I didn't realize there are sprinkles by the ice cream now. I didn't notice any on the Magic earlier this year.

I know that anything could be poisoned but what are the chances that someone took a cruise and joined the FE to give you poisoned sprinkles?? I thought *I* was paranoid! :-) Why not poison the ship's sprinkles by the ice cream and hurt more kids?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter