Favorite thing to do at DL without kids?

I would definitely say Main Street. Everything slow and low-fi that kids don't like. Main Street vehicles, Great Moments with Lincoln, The Disneyland Band in front of the castle, dapper dans, the parade. From rope drop to sundown, there is ALWAYS something worth seeing in Town Square/Main Street and the Hub.

Oh my gosh--it is THE BEST time!
It's how we do Disney the majority of the time. Kids are all grown and gone, so when we have them with us, it's special and a lot of fun.

Loved doing Disney with little kids, it's truly an awesome way to experience it. Now I do mom/daughter trips and that is really a cool thing. She's such a Disney kid from the times we went when she was little.

But now, with my husband, totally different experience. Just walking around, holding hands, on your own time table. Just chillin' and relaxing and doing things as you want to. Eat when you want to, leave when you want to.

Trader Sams was a lot of fun. We were there for a few hours. Ate there, had cocktails, just had a great time.

Riding the rides is terrific. I mean, who doesn't kiss on Haunted Mansion in the doom buggy, right? :thumbsup2

I second (maybe third and fourth) the Blue Bayou! DH and I want to go there when our kids are bigger, don't anticipate a trip without them anytime soon! Enjoy!!

You could read the book Disneyland Quest by Matt Ainsworth (amazon 3.99) before you go and hunt down all the items in the book (nostalgia items such as the Skyway boarding area, Tinkerbell's landing site in the tree tops, mine train cave entrance etc)

We did that the last time we visited and it was fun!

I second (maybe third and fourth) the Blue Bayou! DH and I want to go there when our kids are bigger, don't anticipate a trip without them anytime soon! Enjoy!!

I secured us a lunch reservation at Blue Bayou! We unexpectedly ended up being able to eat there when we went in the spring (we brought my mom to help with the kids, and ended up having a date night), and my husband loved it so much and has been talking about going back. I wasn't sure I'd be able to get a reservation since it's only two weeks out and touring plans is predicting it to be a busy day, but I just got the confirmation email!! :thumbsup2 I think I just made my husband's day when I called him to let him know.

Has anyone stayed at Best Western Stovall's recently? I wanted to book the Fairfield again through LMTC, but their rooms were all gone and I didn't want to pay the price I was quoted on the Fairfield site. I ended up booking Stovall's For $70 instead. I don't need fancy or anything, I'm just hoping for clean and comfortable enough to get 6 hours of sleep before we have to hop on another plane.

I'm getting so stinking excited for this trip!! Just two weeks away :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter