• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite sore feet nightly traditions?

Also watch what you're doing in the parks. I see so many people standing in line for 30 minutes or so first thing in the morning. You're going to pay for that later in the day. Instead, alternate having one person wait in line and the rest wait on a bench. To be fair, make sure those behind you know you're saving space for others.

Basically think about your feet during the day - before they get painful. don't stand around while waiting for someone to get a snack or use the rest room. Sit at EVERY opportunity. If you can't sit, lean on something to take weight off your feet.

Lastly, early in your trip (assuming a week or longer) avoid spending so much time on your feet that the pain gets really bad. Your feet won't have time to recover much before you use them again the next day and your problems will just multiply. As a test, if your feet still hurt after you sit down and take your weight off them, you might be over doing it.

my feet usually never hurt and I wear old navy flip flops ! I also work on my feet all day so maybe that helps !

Haven't seen this mentioned so I will go ahead and throw it out there - flush your swollen feet in the toilet.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but the toilet and its water is clean - just stick you foot in there and flush ... the suction and the swirling water seems to do something to help the inflation.

I would never have thought of it, but one of the doctors I work with suggested it during a long confernece where we were on our feet a lot.

won't help blisters, though.

Delilah1310 said:
Haven't seen this mentioned so I will go ahead and throw it out there - flush your swollen feet in the toilet.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but the toilet and its water is clean - just stick you foot in there and flush ... the suction and the swirling water seems to do something to help the inflation.

I would never have thought of it, but one of the doctors I work with suggested it during a long confernece where we were on our feet a lot.

:o

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We bring peppermint essential oil and put a few drops in warm water in the bathtub each night, just enough to cover out feet and soak for about 10 minutes. Our feet feel great and it makes the room smell great!

Double sox. Thin moisture wicking sheers against the feet and softer cushioned socks outside of those.

Be careful. I put 2 THICK pairs of padded wicking socks on for one trip thinking that the doubled up padding would make my feet feel better. They just ate up all the room in my shoes making them very tight.

The result was that my foot pain was worse than usual, and that I had blisters to boot.

I'm not doing that again!

Be careful. I put 2 THICK pairs of padded wicking socks on for one trip thinking that the doubled up padding would make my feet feel better. They just ate up all the room in my shoes making them very tight.

The result was that my foot pain was worse than usual, and that I had blisters to boot.

I'm not doing that again!

The sheers stick to the skin, and any rubbing that happens is between the sheers and the outer sock pair, and outer sock and shoe. Same principle as moleskin.

You could also try "liquid bandage" on known hot spots -- the extra layer should protect the skin underneath.

I swear by moleskin. I cut out a rounded section to cover the entire ball of my foot up to where my toes start and wear good running socks with my Asics shoes. At the end of the day I remove the moleskin and soak my feet for about 20 minutes in the tub, as hot as I can stand it. Then I use Cetaphil moisturizer on them and after a good night's rest they are ready to go another round.

For blisters, I use blister bandaids and then cover with the moleskin. It gives the area stability so you don't continue to irritate it.

I keep a bottle of water in the fridge that is labeled for feet only.

When I go back to the room for breaks or the evening, I use it to stretch out my feet. I put it on the floor and roll my feet over it. The cold is really nice on my feet.

This is what I was going to say. I've heard that a glass Coca-Cola bottle is the best because of the vertical ridges. Maybe hit up Club Cool at EPCOT haha!?

Read this on the DIS some time ago, and since I started doing it, it has dramatically reduced how much my feet hurt at the end of the day. Don't stand when you can lean, don't lean when you can sit, and don't sit with your feet down when you can sit with your feet up.

Besides that I will soak my feet in hot water at the end of the night (my feet generally are just sore, and not swollen. If swollen I'd soak in cold water). Then I apply a peppermint gel, and my normal foot moisturizing cream I use every day. I sleep with my feet elevated, and I'm good to go the next day. We also bring a tennis ball to roll under our feet, or will use a water bottle if we forget the tennis ball.

Having had blisters many times I finally found what works for me to prevent them, ultra thin sock liners gobbed in the toe area with a and d ointment, the clear stuff, then good pair of cushioned thinker socks, well worn sneakers, I am a Nike girl, take some liquid bandage to use if you start getting blisters. Moleskin has never worked for me, has made things worse. The ointment is gooey, but it really does work! I have worn crocs after the blisters arrive, helps some too!

A lot of this depends specifically on your feet. Personally, I will never wear tennis shoes when its warm at disney. THAT is what makes my feet swell because it gets so hot in the shoe. I have reef sandals, ones with maybe a one inch type heel for more support between my heel and the ground. My feet don't swell and I don't get blisters. But, I have circulation issues. This makes my feet sore because all of the blood sort of rushes to my feet from standing so much. So, the hot tub or warm water helps boost circulation to get them ready for the next day.

I also just bought a peppermint and aloe foot lotion to try this time. It is Bliss brand and I bought it at sephora. It is a decent sized bottle for $18. Aveda also makes a minty foot cream and you can buy that at any aveda salon. I've read peppermint helps with circulation. I've also seen suggestions just to use vapo rub on your feet at night!

Before our trip in April I read that spraying feet with antiperspirant in the morning will keep feet from sweating so much and help prevent blisters. All four of us did this every morning and no one got blisters for a change. Will be a permanent part of out Disney routine now.

My routine for sore feet and blisters:
1. Soak feet in an epsom salt bath for 15 minutes.
2. Pat feet dry with a towel and (for blisters) sprinkle with Gold Bond Body Powder.
3. Relax with your feet under a lightbulb for another 15 minutes positioned so that your blister gets the spotlight.

This really helps with healing and hardening blisters, my pointe teacher made me use it when i first got on pointe to heal my feet.

I keep a bottle of water in the fridge that is labeled for feet only.

When I go back to the room for breaks or the evening, I use it to stretch out my feet. I put it on the floor and roll my feet over it. The cold is really nice on my feet.

I also make sure to lotion well each breaktime and at night with peppermint lotion.

Doing both has pretty much stopped my feet from hurting unless I really overdo it.

You put a water bottle, that you have rubbed your feet all over, BACK in the refrigerator in your hotel room?!?!?!

That's not okay. That's gross. :crazy2:

That's insane! The toilet bowl does indeed have bacteria. If you have an ingrown toenail or a blister, you are just asking for an infection.

I swear, the info on this board....:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter