Favorite sore feet nightly traditions?

Essential oils are great for your feet. Some lavender, which is in anti-inflammatory, rubbed on the soles of your feet before bed is just the thing. It also relaxes you for sleeping!:faint:

When DH and I were there in September, we would fill the tub with cold water and buckets of ice from the ice machine. Not sure it helped the aches, but it really cooled our feet off. We also went to the hot tub almost every night and let the jets beat against our feet and legs--that felt better than anything.

Tennis shoes everyday I'll be walking in parks (in fact I bring two pairs and switch them up so that they have time to decompress). Flip flops are only for pool, walking around the hotel, sometimes short shopping at DTD.

Ice every night plus elevating.

I do take aleve (plus a tramdol if my ankles are really troubling me) if they bother me, but try to avoid it if I can.

I also use moleskin (the thicker padded type) to add some cusion to the pads of my foot just below my toes. That seems to be were I carry the stress of my foot when my ankles are tight.

I always have sore feet/legs but they get used to it and if I"m proactive with the above things I avoid the soreness starting.

Does Aleve work better than Motrin?

It does for me but my sore feet have more to do with achilles problems which do have something to do with inflamation but mostly with muscular and tendon pain. If it was swelling alone I do advil but with the muscular pain the aleve just seems to help with the swelling AND the pain better.

Epsom salt!!! I use it all the time on my feet when they're hurting. Put some epsom salt in a hot tub, soak my feet and when I wake up they feel so much better!

Thanks for all the great ideas. I've got an awesome pair of supportive shoes, and will alternate with my crocs depending on weather. :beach: I've bought a big bottle of aleve so that I'll take fewer pills overall. I've decided that I couldn't have been drinking enough water, so that's on the list, too. :drinking1 The big one is the cool/cold water for my post-park soak. :thumbsup2 In my case, thinking I was needing to relax muscles instead of relieve inflammation was my downfall. :scared: I'm really hopeful that having dropped around 40 pounds will really help out as well. :woohoo:

We had a hot tub in our room (bonnet creek) so I soaked my feet in there every night & it helped a lot! :)

Totally agree with the cold water/buckets of ice from ice machine soak in tub! Stops inflammation. Elevation should work too. Any anti inflammatory meds- advil, aleve. Double up on socks- moisture wicking would be great. Use powder or cornstarch. And wear the comfiest athletic shoes you can find!!

Belle72 said:
Totally agree with the cold water/buckets of ice from ice machine soak in tub! Stops inflammation. Elevation should work too. Any anti inflammatory meds- advil, aleve. Double up on socks- moisture wicking would be great. Use powder or cornstarch. And wear the comfiest athletic shoes you can find!!

My family thought I was crazy for wanting someone to go fill the ice bucket for me so I can soak my feet in ice. I guess if you have good feet you really don't understand how painful it can be. I would try anything.

Does anyone have any recommendations for peppermint foot lotion, or is any kind ok?

tcp0421 said:
Warning on this!!! I purchased this back in August after spending a few days at Disney. My feet were in misery! I actually stopped at the store on the way home from Disney. Put it on my feet as soon as I walked in the door it really helped. Then the next day I took a shower and my feet were still very sore so I put some on my feet again. Let me tell you my feet felt like they were on fire!!! For real....just the tops on my feet. I couldn't even sleep. Almost felt like I had sunburn.

Lol. Ok so my hubby tried it out the other night. We weren't on our trip yet. But he said THE SAME THING about it. And he had no idea what you had posted. Bizarre. :-/

I bring 3 different types of comfortable shoes. I have my Teva mush flip flops, Nike running shoes, and a pair of mary jane sketchers. I switch my shoes during our mid day resort break, before dinner, etc. I rarely have an issue with my feet feeling sore, but they do become very fatigued.

Mickey'sApprentice said:
We use Theragesic on our feet. It works great. Put it on before you leave in the morning and then again when you get back to the room. It gets rid of the heat so you don't get hotspots or blisters.

We also use this at night and wear crocs Athens. Me and DH swear by those flip flops

4 fingers of bourbon for me.

A foot massage for my wife.

But comfy shoes help - try something from Clarks or The Walking Store.

:lmao: I like to bathe my feet in tequila -- from the inside out. Doesn't do much for the feet, but after half-an-hour or so, you don't really care any more.

And now the mystery of what's happening to all the ice-maker ice is solved... ;)

Does anyone have any recommendations for peppermint foot lotion, or is any kind ok?

Haven't tried that, but I almost never have sore feet because of one simple thing I do---

After every shower, I massage Vaseline into my feet, give them a good workout - twisting and stretching the ankles, etc. then put on cotton socks for 1-2 hours (depending on time). Have done this for years!

As a result, no matter how much walking I do, my feet stay soft and supple, no worries about calluses on heel, ball of foot, etc. - Also, a good side bonus, my hands also get a work out, keeps them smooth and the effects of arthritis to a minimum. (By the way, I'm also on the upper side of 60, but honestly my hands and feet don't look, or feel it. ;)

Cool tub of water, 4 ibuprofens and a strawberry daqueri from the hotel lounge. Worked for me. And Mom.

I love to put my foot on a tennis ball and roll it back and forth. The arch area is the best and your eyes will roll up into your head. Give it a try. Also works great to sit on the floor and roll your calves back and forth on the ball.:thumbsup2

I typically do ok with sore feet and know how to help out with the aches at the end of the day. My bigger problem is with blisters! I wear good padded shoes and nice thick socks but still tend to get blisters on my toes.

What are your best fixes for this?

crzy4mk said:
I typically do ok with sore feet and know how to help out with the aches at the end of the day. My bigger problem is with blisters! I wear good padded shoes and nice thick socks but still tend to get blisters on my toes.

What are your best fixes for this?

I'd love to hear some ideas too. My last trip was ruined by blisters (the current theory is it was a combo of typical blisters and chemo-related swelling) and I've got another trip planned for February. I'm going to start a walking regime with the shoes I plan on wearing while there, and I'm going to be better about my swelling stuff (like wearing my compression gear), but I'm still afraid of blisters. Suggestions would be wonderful! (Moleskin is probably going to be hard with compression tights, so other ideas would be appreciated.)

I'd love to hear some ideas too. My last trip was ruined by blisters (the current theory is it was a combo of typical blisters and chemo-related swelling) and I've got another trip planned for February. I'm going to start a walking regime with the shoes I plan on wearing while there, and I'm going to be better about my swelling stuff (like wearing my compression gear), but I'm still afraid of blisters. Suggestions would be wonderful! (Moleskin is probably going to be hard with compression tights, so other ideas would be appreciated.)

Double sox. Thin moisture wicking sheers against the feet and softer cushioned socks outside of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter