• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Non-Character Meals for 7&8 year olds

Can't wait to try S
My kids loved Sci-Fi (and so did I). They weren't that impressed with Coral Reef, and they usually love aquariums.
Can't wait to try SCi-Fi!!! My family was iffy on Coral Reef as well, I liked my fish, my husband didn't love his, and the restaurant had an odd scent. The CM's were just fantastic though and so nice! :D

I think we have done Coral Reef every trip, even before kids. Our last trip we had a table right next to the aquarium. I couldn't tell you what we ate, I know it was good. But the best thing were the desserts. My kids loved their cupcakes and they have my favorite dessert in all the world -- Baileys and Jack Daniels chocolate mousse. YUM!

Some people in my November group are having a hard time getting ADRs for Sci-Fi, so we shall see.

Teppan Edo is a must do for us, sometimes twice. Since they were 3 and onwards! Biergarten they love to dance and enjoy the food as well. We've heard rave reviews about Narcoossee's so we are trying that one in November. 'Ohana is also a must do!! The dessert alone keeps me going back lol

Tusker House (Breakfast), 'Ohana (Dinner), and 50's Prime Time Café. We also like Le Cellier (we do lunch now that dinner is 2TS credits). Pretzel bread and the cheddar cheese soup!

I see that some posters have stated that their kids loved Biergarten. Mine were the opposite. They hated the food (picky eaters) and we were seated with a family that weren't very friendly, so the meal felt awkward. (I got mad because the "mom" started making comments about "people not teaching their children proper English" because my DS6 called a light bulb a "light bob" and I didn't want to embarrass him so I didn't correct him. I'm pretty sure she made comments on my Appalachian accent, as well.) The kids didn't notice though, so this didn't weigh in their opinion). So keep in mind that you will be seated with strangers and that could impact your experience of the meal. I can't speak for the show because after an hour of waiting in the awkward situation, and no one but DH really enjoying his meal (and this with me pregnant!), we left before the show started.

My kids love Sci-Fi and TRex.

Our kids loved Biergarten with the band and 50's Prime Time with the "scolding" the best!

My kids would say: Whispering Canyon (bottomless milkshakes & such fun--- ask for ketchup!) and Sanaa - had a great time seeing the animals while eating. My kids were 6, 7, & 8 when we went.

Our 7-year old likes 'Ohana, Rainforest Cafe, Sci-Fi Dine-In, San Angel Inn, and T-Rex. If your children don't like loud noises, be warned that Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex can be a little loud. If they're not used to "scary" images, the scenes at Sci-Fi Dine-In could be a little upsetting. A lot of the Sci-Fi clips are from old "B" movies, and there are also a lot of great old cartoons, so there's a nice balance. A quick YouTube search will give you a few examples of the videos.

If you have adults who are willing to ham it up at the 50s Prime Time Cafe, it can be fun for little ones when the tables are turned and it's the adults getting in trouble for a change.

My then-7-year-old DD loved, loved, loved Biergarten and she also really liked Wave of American Flavors. There is nothing special going on at Wave besides eating, but for some reason she really liked it. She also loved our late dinner at GF Café because the waiter encouraged us to leave the table and run outside to watch Wishes. When we came back, our deserts were waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter