Favorite Non-Character Meals for 7&8 year olds

DaniMoon

DIS Veteran
We are headed back to our happy place in November. We managed to snag FD and are excited to start planning our ADRs. We have 11 to make.

My kids will be 7&8 at the time of the trip. Their three repeats from last trip are Chef Mickey, Coral Reef and Sanaa. They really enjoyed the restaurants that had something going on other than just eating. I do think I'm going to try O'Hana for breakfast one morning and see if I can get a BOG dinner to give it a try, if we can't no biggie.

Other than that, we are open to suggestions. Teppan Edo and TRex have been suggested, also.

Thanks.

Here's a few my kids like that are not already on your list:

Sci-Fi
Whispering Canyon
50's Prime Time
Yak & Yeti

My DD (and DH) love Biergarten. There is a German Band that puts on a show and it is a lot of fun. DD also loved Teppan Edo. It was her first time for Hibachi. It is pretty standard Hibachi though, so if you go to one of those type places regularly at home, the food and cooking "show" is pretty much the same (onion volcano- food thrown in the air etc.).

Well my suggestions you're already doing :) My kids, now 13 and 9, love Sanaa and BOG. They were 7 & 10 the first time we had dinner at BOG and we've been back 3 more times since then, and it's on our list for Nov. I know it's not easy to get and you said you're going to try - good luck!pixiedust:

Something else they loved was the HDDR at Fort Wilderness. It is 2 credits, but since you got FD (lucky you!) maybe you won't mind? It's on the corny side but lots of fun with audience participation.

I guess it depends no your 7 and 8 year olds ;) My girls were 7 and 9 on our trip and they *loved* eating at the California Grill and watching the fireworks from dinner. They liked dressing up and eating at a fancy restaurant too.

My daughter loves Biergarten, Liberty Tree Tavern, BOG, Kona, and the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. She's a little older than your kids now, but she was their age when we first started going.

Another fan of Biergarten in Germany. We also had breakfast at Boma and we all loved that! My kids were age 12, 9, and 6 when we went.

I think all of my suggestions have already been mentioned, but just to reiterate:
Coral Reef
Tepan Edo
Sci-Fi
50s Prime Time (depending on the willingness of adults in the party)
Yak and Yeti
We also like The Plaza in MK, just because of the huge ice cream sundaes

My son, 8, LOVES Trails End at Fort Wilderness. Might have something to do with the pizza and ice cream sundaes on the buffet:) It's a great Buffet and there is an awesome playground right outside.

my kids loved BOG and 'Ohana. next year we want to try WDDMR though, if you have FD it makes it worth spending the 2 credits!

San Angel Inn - night time atmosphere all day long, view of the Gran Fiesta Tour, good eats.

My 8 yo dd's favorite meal was at HDDMR. She LOVED the entertainment--literally, tears from laughing so hard--and it was the one thing that she said we definitely have to do on our next trip. Note that this was said about a trip that also included BBB, CRT, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, Akershus, Tusker House, the Pirate Cruise, and MNSSHP.

You have some good picks already chosen! :D Sanaa is one of our favorites, also Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, and Bongos. My kids were 10 and 5 the last time we went and we're looking forward to going back to old faves and trying some new places including BOG! :D

My kids loved Sci-Fi (and so did I). They weren't that impressed with Coral Reef, and they usually love aquariums.

My family LOVES T-Rex! We HAVE to eat there anytime we are in Florida.
The food is fantastic. I would recommend sharing with the kids or have them share with each other.
We share and still have leftovers. Mind you we are pretty big eaters. lol

We also like Trails End. The food is very good!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter