Favorite Guilty Pleasure on DCL

Crepes with chocolate syrup, custard filling, and banana slices at Pirate Night buffet.
Your post brings back GREAT memories of Pirate Night. The Pirate Night Buffet, pre-show, and then the FIREWORKS!!! WHOO-HOO

It's so hard to pick any one thing, but I have to agree that one of the things I enjoy most is what other have already said - turn off the electronics and remember what it was like as a kid before cell phones were attached to everyone's hands. I am so much more relaxed with not having to worry about watching for messages or trying to keep p with everybody online. It really gives you the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in your vacation!

That's one of the main reasons we've fallen in love with cruising. I can't believe all the kids I see on Facebook on the cruise. One woman was shopping on QVC. You just want to say, doncha realize you're on a cruise :-) We'd be a lot happier world if we'd all learn to put the phone down every now and then (as I sit here writing this post on my phone) lol

Wow. It's tough to choose...id have to narrow it down to three:

1)making a self serve chocolate and strawberry ice cream cone
2)Virgin pina colada and konch kooler
3)eating the yummy late night snacks in the adult district after the nightly adult entertainment in The Tube

Regarding the Konch Kooler:

Do they offer that in a virgin?

We love the virgin Pina colada's too!! Seems like Disney makes the best ones. I've tried them at other restaurants but between DCL and WDW I've not found any that taste better!

I don't think so, but I could be mistaken. When I had one on CC the last time it was drawn straight from a container and nothing alcoholic was added as far as I can remember, so I'm assuming it was already alcoholic. It never hurts to ask though.

Does anyone know if the spicy chicken sandwich is available on the Dream and if so is it a certain day or is it always available? I don't remember seeing it on the menu so maybe it's just on the Fantasy.
I had one on the Dream in 2011, but couldn't tell you if they had them everyday or not.

Eggs Benedict in the sit down restaurant for breakfast! And as starter that mango yoghurt thing.

Our favourite little indulgence is donuts for breakfast! I'm not a health nut or anything, but I am pretty firm about always starting the day with a healthy, low sugar breakfast. When I first saw donuts in the buffet at breakfast, I just shrugged it off as one of those crazy things Americans do. But.....on day two I was doing an early morning coffee run and I decided to surprise the kids with a warm, freshly made donut to eat while they watched morning cartoons. It didn't take long for it to become a family tradition. They wouldn't even dream of asking for something so unhealthy in the morning at home, but whenever we talk about our favourite things about cruising, both kids yell, "donuts for breakfast!"

Which ship has the "...warm, freshly made donuts?" The only donuts I've seen (at the breakfast buffet) are Krispy Kremes which were definitely NOT fresh - I'm guessing frozen & thawed. There is absolutely nothing like a fresh Krispy Kreme - I would love to have them every morning!! - but I am not a fan of the ones I've experienced on the cruises I've been on.

Definitely chicken fingers followed by a soft serve. Get that almost every day. The last night of the cruise we get mickey bars at the MDR.
We've never done the Pirate buffet. The line is always ridiculous and we're always too full from dinner since we are second seating.

On a long cruise, vegging in the Cove Cafe, reading or talking with staff and partaking of their delicious concoctions. Oh! And the chocolate and wine pairing.

Our indulgences are few but very important:
1. Turn off the phones and leave them locked up in the glove compartment until we arrive back to port. No electronics of any kind for us. :) I bring a good camera and an extra memory card for those photos and post them when I arrive home. Or when I get around to it.
2. The great " Enjoy a Cone" challenge that my big kid and teens indulge in every cruise. So far my husband has enjoyed 10 cones in a day and my son (13) is close behind with 8. My daughter (14) hits her limit with 6. I don't even rank as I usually save my ice cream overload for dessert after dinner. Baked Alaska remains my favorite indulgence
3. The Rainforest is my indulgence. I love their steamrooms, heated loungers and of course the nice showers. Sigh.
4." The Great Aquaduck challenge" is not so much an indulgence, but a competitive feed within my family. Again, the big kid has the record right now, but daughter is giving a run for the money. :) It is how many times they can ride the Aquaduck consecutively on port days. It is actually getting harder to do this, but they will keep on competing until exhausted. Which works for me.
5. Reading and taking photos from the balcony. And looking for dolphins and rainbows.

That is really about it. :)

Last edited:
Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower - my favorite appetizer. Something I wouldn't get at home.

Fully AGREE with turning off the cell phone. I turn mine off and put it in the cabin safe. I won't even use the Disney Cruise App on airplane mode. The phone reminds me of work and I want nothing of that sort when I'm on vacation.

My husband doesn't even like to carry the wave phone. Says it gives him bad vibes :)

Does anyone know if the spicy chicken sandwich is available on the Dream and if so is it a certain day or is it always available? I don't remember seeing it on the menu so maybe it's just on the Fantasy.

Yes. They have them on the Fantasy too. Where the burgers are. :) My son loves them.

Shwarma.

Soft serve ice cream.

Mini eclairs from Cove Cafe (worse than peanuts - you can't have just one, or two or five).

Tacos in the middle of the day.

Champagne on the verandah as we leave port (arranged to be in stateroom when we arrive) along with a slice of pizza grabbed from on deck after the deck party.

Mint mocha latte from Cove Cafe at 11 am.

Iced champagne (on the Dream) with a twist of lemon peel. At all times of the day. As frequently as possible.

Where are these tacos that you speak of??! yumm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter