Favorite Guilty Pleasure on DCL

Well, I believe they also offer the same treats in Vista Cafe (starboard side deck 4).

I was surprised I didn't see that mentioned yet. I was up there every morning to get my Frappe. I got to know the morning barista very well and gave him a nice tip on our last morning.

Oh, mine seems so tame after reading this all ... I splurge on the Rainforest Room pass for the full cruise. Heated lounges, beautiful view, secluded quiet... My heaven...

A dirty martini in Meridians and a nice cigar and bourbon at Meridian outside. Us to love a nice cigar, bourbon and book on the veranda but no longer allowed.

So, this is a large thread and best enjoyed in private with the beverage of your choice. I started it at work but was laughing too loud for the workplace
http://www.disboards.com/threads/dcl-confessions.3121124/

Enjoy!!

I did a search earlier and found it. I started on page 1 and couldn't stop. By page 48, my sides hurt from laughing. I wish I would have had an adult beverage or two. But then again, I probably would be hurting even more...

Thanks

My wife and I have been on 8 DCL cruises. We both enjoy the tastings: rum, martini, chocolate, etc. However, I really look forward to the strawberry mint soup. It is usually offered on the buffet on embarkation and then once or twice during the cruise, depending upon the length of the cruise. We even bought the Disney recipe book so we could make it at home.

Attachments

• 100_5252.JPG
    100_5252.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 10
I would say also that if you don't drink alcohol that there are plenty of non-alcoholic versions available as well. We love the virgin Pina colada and the Bon Voyage. I don't know what Disney does differently but their Pina coladas are amazing!

Great thread!

I would have to say my #1 guilty pleasure is getting dessert after every dinner - - even if I only have a couple of bites. That's a splurge I don't afford myself normally (because of the calories & the cost).

Also on my list: chocolate covered strawberries at the Cove Cafe' or the Vista lounge, crème brulee, lounging by the adults only pool, reading a book on the verandah, watching the live performances in the theater (has anyone said that yet?!?!), cheese plate from room service and soft-serve ice cream. (Notice the pervasive dessert/sweets theme??).

I would have to say my #1 guilty pleasure is getting dessert after every dinner - - even if I only have a couple of bites. That's a splurge I don't afford myself normally (because of the calories & the cost).

What's so funny is I have been on a diet since November and by our cruise in January I had been stuck on a plateau for about a month. Went on that cruise and ate whatever I wanted and by the middle of the week we got back I had lost 5lbs! Eating the extra calories had Kickstarted my metabolism back I guess lol

Thanks for all the great posts, cant wait to read more as I prepare for our first cruise in October!!

Hoping for POG on the Wonder.

Ever since our first Boma's breakfast a decade ago, POG juice is our very favorite treat.

Our guilty pleasure is a couple's message. Yes, it's pricier than you can get at home -- but who can beat walking out with all the kinks gone to a view of the ocean and a relaxing day at sea!

Also make it a point to try the drink of the day every single day LOL

And I will admit, I order two of my favorite appetizers when they are on the menu! Why not, right!

Oh forgot our TOP favorite guilty pleasure -- going up to Cabanas, getting trays of breakfast food and bringing it down to eat on our verandah! Quiet and slow paced LOL

Where is the spicy chicken sandwich at? Haven't tried that one before!

For me, I love the hashbrowns and corn beef hash at breakfast (of course Mickey Waffles too). As far as drinks go, love the (virgin) Bon Voyage and Pina Colada. I don't know what Disney does different but I haven't been able to find a Pina colada that tastes as good as a Disney one (even virgin).

Also, loved the pirate buffet after the fireworks. I didn't know about it on our first cruise but tried it a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome. They had a chicken wrap that was fantastic!
Is this on all ships? The pirate buffet lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter