Favorite Foods

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bluejasmine, Feb 14, 2012.

1. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

What was your favorites you have had on DCL and where did you get it?

Breakfast?

Lunch?

Dinner?

Dessert?

Snack?

What did you like from Room Service?

Any good smoothies or faves out of Cove Cafe?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. whitney105

whitney105 Earning My Ears

Breakfast: I loved the muesli at topsiders. I never had it before and after the first time, filled a huge bowl with muesli and strawberries every day after. I wish that I had walked around the corner to see there was an omelet bar, we discovered this with only 2 breakfasts left.

Lunch: we didn't eat a lot of lunches to save room for dinner and almost missed the seafood buffet on Thursday. They even had sushi, it was all fresh tasting. I also really liked the shrimp roll-ups at the goofy's bar by the Mickey pool.

Dinner: loved everything, we ate a lot of fish. The appetizers were great, perfect portions. I really liked the mango soup. I think my favorite was the fish I had served over mushroom risotto on the first night. Also I had another risotto with asparagus that was delicious.

Snacks: we enjoyed ice cream, there is a different flavor every day along with the usual chocolate and strawberry. Blueberry was really good. And passionfruit on Castaway. I drank a lot of coffee too, their coffee is good.

Roomservice: we ordered warm oatmeal cookies one night and the all hands on deck cheese platter when we came back from St Thomas. That was the perfect light lunch.

Didn't order smoothies or anything from Cove. We had a konk kooler on Castaway, yum!

All of the food was really great!

4. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Is the seafood buffett at Cabanas?

5. whitney105

whitney105 Earning My Ears

It was at topsiders on the Magic.

6. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

Breakfast? Smoked Trout - Cabanas

Lunch? Cream of Asparagus Soup - Cabanas

Dinner? Pan-seared Sea Bass - Enchanted Garden

Dessert? Those little cube things, chocolate and passion fruit flavor, I think.

Snack? Chicken Fingers - Tow-Mater's Grill

What did you like from Room Service? N/A

7. aymekae

aymekae Ayme of the Southern Isles

DH would like to say that the chicken parmesan (or whatever fancy name they use!) at Palo brunch was the best he's ever had. Considering that's the only thing he eats at Italian restaurants besides pizza... you be the judge.

I simply can't choose favorites, I liked just about everything I had every day. My favorite meal, though, was Palo brunch. So much that I had never tried before, I was in heaven.

8. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Definitely, the chicken strips. And Palo's chocolate souffle.

:cutie:

9. AmandaRG

AmandaRG DCL is my happy place!!!

LOVED the muesli at Topsiders! I was so bummed when we went on the Dream, because they add bananas to it, and I am allergic to them. Hopefully I will be able to have it on the Magic again one day!

10. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

Four cheese pizza from room service. I ordered it three times on our 7 night!

11. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

My answers in red :goodvibes

12. doberlady

doberlady <font color=royalblue>It just never gets old to me

Oh the hot and crispy chicken strips :love:

13. Renysmom

Renysmom <font color=darkorchid>Just wondering what is goin

Don't laugh at me but those Fresh and Hot fries w/salt on the pool deck with the sea air can't be beat. Must have them everyday.

Konk Koolers and PinaCoLava's rock as well :)

14. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

I knew I had read there was Grand Marnier souffle somewhere on the ship! I could not remember where and we missed our Lumiere's night. Wont make that mistake again!

15. AngieEstaAqui

AngieEstaAqui Mouseketeer

Skagway Meringue Pods at Topsiders! The Grand Marnier souffle' was awesome, and of course the Conch Cooler!

16. kathi

kathi DIS Veteran

Very best overall meal for me is Palo Brunch (but you didn't ask about brunch!)

Breakfast - Made to order omelet at the buffet. (Really, it's left over 4 cheese pizza from Palo..but that is no longer an option since they no longer serve it.)

Lunch - Made to order pasta at the buffet.

Dinner - Halibut at Palo that they took off the menu. Now, I guess it's the lobster ravioli from Palo.

Snack - Cheese and fruit plate from room service. (My husband would say the chocolate covered strawberries from Cove.)

17. carmie3377

carmie3377 Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Oh my gosh, me too!!! Was thinking about that delicious stuff earlier today and was looking for a recipe :) Didn't try it on our first cruise but discovered it in Beach Blanket on the Panama Canal cruise. Thankfully it was early on so I still had plenty of time to eat it. Got it in Tritons once and it was a bit different but still very yummy. Just had to pick the raisins out.

Sorry Amanda about the bananas. I'm sure if you would have told them about the allergy, they would have made you some w/o the banana. Might want to try if you see bananas again. Good luck :)

18. castlecrew

castlecrew Earning My Ears

It was all so tasty, but the creme brulee was awesome. So melty and creamy!

I think my kids would say Mickey Bars-around the clock!!
    Just expirienced our first cruise this past weekend-wow, What fun we had!
    Got a case of vacation let down now! I am loving participating in the these boards to relive our "Dream"!!

Have a fabulous day everyone:goodvibes

19. Praying Colonel

Praying Colonel DIS Veteran

This our first DCL cruise, so I have to ask: where do you get the Mickey Bars? DW will love this (and I don't think it's so bad, either! ;) ).

20. Britster18

Britster18 Mouseketeer

So far... I've heard Mickey bars are room service items ;)

21. 4butlers

4butlers DIS Veteran

You can get them as dessert in any of the MDRs also!