• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Christmas special or movie

- Home Alone
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (I don't care what Tim Burton says, its a Christmas movie!)
- The Snowman (animated short film)

As a kid: Charlie Brown Christmas and Rudolph

Now: Elf and Love, Actually

White Christmas
Holiday Inn
Home Alone
Die Hard
Grinch (Carey version)

Trading Places
L.A. Confidential
and that fun-filled Christmas classic for the entire family, Die Hard.

Seriously, my favorite Christmas movie (and one of my all-time favorites in any genre) is It's A Wonderful Life.

Ernest Saves Christmas - especially since the "house" was on the Studio Backlot Tour
Christmas in Connecticut - I watch this EVERY year
Charlie Brown Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas - cartoon version!!

This weekend we watched

Christmas Story
Christmas with the Kranks
Christmas Vacation

In the pile for time is

Jingle All the Way
Christmas Carol.....I think 3 versions

Hope when DGD spends the weekend we can see
Polar Express
Rudolph
Frosty

Another One for Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, It was on a few years ago, However the end was cut short as it didn't have the closing of the cast taking a bow, as it was formatted for the newer amount of commercial time. As an Adult I try to catch the Alstair Sims Christmas Carol and will watch one of TBS's showings of A Christmas Story.

My favorite time of year, so I have a few.... :)

-Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas
-Miracle on 34th St (classic & modern versions)
-Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
-Scrooge the Musical
-Charlie Brown Christmas

As a kid, I loved all of the cartoon specials, especially Rudolph and Charlie Brown Christmas.

Now, I still love Charlie Brown Christmas, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, and The Santa Clause (the first one). We will watch A Christmas Story at least once, and it will be on at the IL's on Christmas Day.

As a kid:
Charlie Brown Christmas
Year Without a Santa Clause

Now:
White Christmas
It's a Wonderful Life
Home Alone 1 and 2
Elf

I was thinking more like Ho ho ho, now I have a machine gun.

I suppose Die Hard 2 brought some snow into the equation.
.....well, actually I was thinking more along the lines of "Yippee-ki-yay, motherfu-.." but I probably would have gotten points. LOTS of points.

Muppet Christmas Carol & It's a Wonderful Life have always been my favorites, regardless of age.

Elf got added to the list when it came out, I love that movie.

My favorite is A Christmas Memory, narrated by Truman Capote and starring Geraldine Page. I have an old VHS tape of it taped from the TV, but it's not good quality. Tried to buy a DVD of it on ebay a few years ago, but its quality is not any better. Great story!

Charlie Brown comes in second.

I have several other old shows taped from PBS - The Snowman mentioned upthread, and Mr Willoughby's Christmas Tree with an all star cast (Leslie Nielsen, Stockard Channing, Robert Downey Jr) and Muppets!

Last edited:
Allll the Rankin-Bass Christmas movies, even the trippy weird ones. If I must pick one, it's "Year Without A Santa Claus", both as an adult and child.

Honorable Mentions:
Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas
Elf
A Christmas Story

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter