Favorite Christmas Movies?

Me three! I saw the first 20 minutes or so last year. I thought it was dumb and changed the channel. And yes I usually like that kind of humour.

Not trying to argue with you, but genuinely curious...if you haven't seen it, what makes you classify "A Christmas Story" as stupid humor when you admit to enjoying The Santa Clause? When someone says 'stupid humor' to me I usually assume they mean the sort of slapstick, fall-down-and-laugh type of comedies...just wondering what your definition is. :laughing:

Maybe I'm wrong in that definition but I've certainly heard my three sons talk about it enough to know it isn't my type of movie. I don't think The Santa Clause movie is stupid humor. To me, the epitome of stupid humor is almost anything lately done by Adam Sandler. I used to enjoy his movies but the last few I tried made me moan in disgust like Grown-ups and Jack & Jill. Yuck!

It's a Wonderful Life

Pretty much any version of A Christmas Carol

Miracle on 34th Street

Love Actually

White Christmas
A Christmas Story
Muppet Christmas Carol
Patrick Stewart's version of A Christmas Carol

A Charlie Brown Christmas
A Claymation Christmas
A Muppet Family Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Only seen Elf once, but I liked it
Technically, I don't consider It's a Wonderful Lice a Christmas movie.

Yes yes yes! I love A Muppet Family Christmas, but I haven't seen it in years. I wanted to buy it off of Amazon, but the reviews all said that major parts of the story were missing.:sad1:

I love Christmas Vacation, A very Brady Christmas (who are any of you to judge me? ;) ), It's A Wonderful Life, A Muppet Christmas Carol, A Charlie Brown Christmas, It's Christmas again Charlie Brown, and Love Actually. I am also likely in the strong minority as I absolutely cannot stand A Christmas Story.

It's a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Carol (all of them, but especially the Alastair Sim one and the Patrick Stewart one)
The Family Stone
Miracle on 34th Street (Natalie Wood)
White Christmas
Christmas Vacation
The Santa Clause

I also love many of the ones on the Hallmark Channel (though some of them are downright cheezy). If anyone's interested, there's a new Hallmark Hall of Fame movie on December 7th that looked Christmassy from the promo I saw.

Christmas Vacation
Elf
A Christmas Story
The Polar Express

My new favorite thanks to the Dis is
Love Actually

And Elf is a family favorite as well.

I love the obvious ones (Christmas Vacation, etc), but my guilty pleasure every year is Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus, and the sequel, Meet the Santas. Really corny, but I have to watch them at least once!

I love Christmas movies these are my favorites:
- Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
- The Nutcracker (1993 live-action version)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Home Alone/Home Alone 2 ( all the others are terrible and they should stop making them!)
- Prancer
- The Santa Clause

1. A Christmas Carol (original, followed by George C. Scott version and then the Patrick Stewart version)
2. It's A Wonderful Life
3. White Christmas
4. Home Alone
5. The Santa Clause

The top 3 really are the top 3 and the others I will watch and do still enjoy, but they are not a must see at holiday time. :thumbsup2

Christmas Vacation

A Christmas Story

The Family Man ( Nicholas Cage & Tea Leoni), kind of a modern day Wonderful Life.

Love Actually
The Christmas Story
Holiday Inn
The Holiday
Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer
It's a Wonderful Life

Haven't seen "The Ref" - I guess I'll have to check it out!

The Original "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"
A Christmas Story
Holiday Inn
White Christmas
The Grinch

I do Not like :
It's a Crappy life and I'm Depressed AKA It's a Wonderful Life
Scrooged (the Bill Murray movie) aka the worst movie ever !

I love the Scrooged movies. They've been re-done like a million times, but I think that's part of my attraction. You can take the same story, change it slightly and make it new each time. My favorite one is the one from the 1988 with Bill Murray.

I also like the Santa Clause and the, the, the, THE GRINCH!

1. Elf
2. Christmas Vacation
3. A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas -not for the kids though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter