• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass + seems to be ruining many posters trips to WDW.

We just returned from WDW, and we liked FP+. We have not been able to ride TSMM since 2008! We are a RD family, but do not enjoy the running of the bulls, and other antics that go on with TSMM. We did ride TSMM one time this year, and it was great. Thanks Disney! :thumbsup2

We just returned from WDW, and we liked FP+. We have not been able to ride TSMM since 2008! We are a RD family, but do not enjoy the running of the bulls, and other antics that go on with TSMM. We did ride TSMM one time this year, and it was great. Thanks Disney! :thumbsup2

Thats great-- I went on for the first time in years last october-- and we go 3 to 4 times a year. made my trip easier and freed up time.

EMom said:
Yeah, but when I had a rotary dial phone, I could make all the calls my little fingers could dial. When we went to push button (and later, cell) no one limited me to 3 calls per day, to only one branch of the family, with just one being to a relative I actually liked while the other 2 calls went to the relatives you hide from at the family reunions.

Yep. :)

We have done TSMM on every trip and never once felt we had to do the running of the bulls. We did rope drop, but made a point of doing something else for the first 30-60 minutes to let the rush clear. Then walked up to get FPs with no crowds, no real wait to speak of.

Sorry you felt you had to miss out all those years.

It's a shame that you haven't been able to ride TSMM since 2008. We've never missed it.!! Just always grabbed a FP.Rode it every visit! Very easy.

It's a shame that you haven't been able to ride TSMM since 2008. We've never missed it.!! Just always grabbed a FP.Rode it every visit! Very easy.

We done the same. And we even got FP very late afternoon during Christmas week in 2011 for TSM with a return time of 8 - 9 pm, but we didn't mind waiting as we were doing Fantasmic and Osborne Lights.

I've personally never been to Disney where FP- (before FP+) ran out right after RD and we always do RD. Typically, we would see how long the line was for a headliner at RD and if it was already long, we'd grab a FP instead and come back to it. Our experience has been that if they are going to run out it is at least a couple of hours after RD but usually around noon.

We were there a few weeks ago and experienced Magic Bands and FastPass+. It didn't ruin our vacation, but honestly, it was a little less enjoyable. We were able to pull FP-, but only did it for one attraction, and only because we had a friend who is a CM staying with us at our DVC, but was ineligible for FP+.

FP+ worked well for us on our arrival day, and our DHS day. The other days were fair. However, I wanted to change my times at Epcot, and I would have had to choose between Soarin and Test Track. I kept my original times even though they were less than ideal. I guess it's my fault for not knowing that I wanted to have lunch at the ESPN Club instead of an Epcot restaurant 60 days in advance.

I filled out the survey when I got home, and made sure to let them know how displeased I was with the tiered system that they're now testing.

I'm actually glad that next summer's vacation is not to WDW. We'll be on a Disney Cruise, so they're still getting our money!

Despite what I know about avoiding lines, RD is not practical for my family. Early mornings are not what they want as part of their vacation. Strict plans & running around to get huge quantities of FPs aren't how we tour WDW either. I understand that's how people on these boards visit but not everyone Disney fan does it like that.... So with that being said, FP+ has some appeal for us (TSM without going standby). I know people will think I'm crazy but having the choice between standing in line for Soarin or not riding it all, I will stand in line. I'm not a fan of the tier idea or lines but something is better than nothing?! Our family is more concerned with the reduction of late EMH because that's when we've had the most fun riding rides & soaking in Mickey air.

Fingers crossed our trip with the in laws goes well in April ;)

Exactly.

This is what people aren't getting. Again, technology is great when it's used to make things better, not worse.

News flash: there are plenty of people who think this does make for a better experience.

So you won't be able to pull 9-10 FPs a day. So if you want to ride Space Mountain more than once you have to get in the standby line. Get over it.

Disney is working to make FPs a better experience for the AVERAGE guest. Given the indignation I read on these boards by some who think they have authority to make and enforce rules about everything from line cutting to concierge access, you would think there would be more acceptance of a more equitable system---and yes it is more equitable. Everyone has to choose from the same FP pool with the same limitations.

Limiting the number of FPs means more people can obtain them. It also means there should be plenty available same day once FP- is retired and the system opened to all. The capacity is not changing just the distribution method.

What I think is bothering some people is the fact this makes FPs easier to obtain and use. People who have balked in the past at criss-crossing parks and rope drop dashes now have the opportunity to get FPs too.

News flash: there are plenty of people who think this does make for a better experience.

So you won't be able to pull 9-10 FPs a day. So if you want to ride Space Mountain more than once you have to get in the standby line. Get over it.

Disney is working to make FPs a better experience for the AVERAGE guest. Given the indignation I read on these boards by some who think they have authority to make and enforce rules about everything from line cutting to concierge access, you would think there would be more acceptance of a more equitable system---and yes it is more equitable. Everyone has to choose from the same FP pool with the same limitations.

Limiting the number of FPs means more people can obtain them. It also means there should be plenty available same day once FP- is retired and the system opened to all. The capacity is not changing just the distribution method.

What I think is bothering some people is the fact this makes FPs easier to obtain and use. People who have balked in the past at criss-crossing parks and rope drop dashes now have the opportunity to get FPs too.

Well said!

Some of the anti-FP+ postings have shocked me when I realized the lengths people go for FPs & how it defines their trips!

With the tiered system, as it is during testing, you will only get to choose one headliner to ride once. That means standing in line for the rest of the headliners to ride them even once.

If this is the way it will roll out for sure, how does this improve the previous system that was accessible to EVERYONE (if they desired) as long as FP were available?

I guess if you only care if you ride one headliner at each park on a busy day, this works. I guess if you want to wait in lines all day to ride more, it works. But this method already worked with FP- for those who slept in or didn't plan ahead and wanted to roll with it, so really I don't see many changes for them as they probably waited in lines or rode only one headliner except that they can now pick their headliner. This is really only impacting those of us who utilized the system the most.

I don't see anyone trying to enforce rules, how can they since they don't run Disney. :confused3 I only see people stating their opinions and experiences.

I also don't see the issue being that there is more access to others as everyone had access to the FP- machines as well if they desired.

Oh, and by the way...I'm "getting over it" by cancelling my trip. ;) Until I see something roll out better than this our trips to Disney are postponed.

Just wanted to say that FP+ has worked AWESOME for us the past two days. So far I like it better than FP- by a long shot. Just so much more convenient for our family.

We are AP holders who have MagicBands and live 10 mins from the parks by the way.

We have done TSMM on every trip and never once felt we had to do the running of the bulls. We did rope drop, but made a point of doing something else for the first 30-60 minutes to let the rush clear. Then walked up to get FPs with no crowds, no real wait to speak of.

Sorry you felt you had to miss out all those years.

yea, I am calling BS. If you do RD, there is NO, absolutely NO reason to run for the bulls to get TSMM. You could be using a walker, and head to TSMM at RD and get on, or FP within the hour. So, this is full of it, OR, you are clueless. There is actually MORE potential for people not to be able to do TSMM with FP+ than there was for people to RD TSMM.

So, yea, thanks but can we have another ?

yea, I am calling BS. If you do RD, there is NO, absolutely NO reason to run for the bulls to get TSMM. You could be using a walker, and head to TSMM at RD and get on, or FP within the hour. So, this is full of it, OR, you are clueless. There is actually MORE potential for people not to be able to do TSMM with FP+ than there was for people to RD TSMM.

So, yea, thanks but can we have another ?

I don't usually comment in arguments - but I'm sorry this is just plain rude!:sad1:

We have experienced walking straight to TSMM at RD and there being an immediate wait time of 60 mins or an earliest FP time return already of 3pm. We were happy with 3pm as were staying in the park all day, but with small children we often only did half day visits and wouldn't have been prepared to make them queue for one hour or to stay until 3pm for FP.

So whilst its great that you've never missed TSMM, it was at least possible before FP + that others were missing out. So rudeness really unnecessary IMHO :thumbsup2

So all this is to make the FP system equitable? Then all Comrade DISers will no doubt be thrilled. Will there be loaves of bread at the end of a 2 hour line? Bad shoes? Scratchy toilet paper? Really, it doesn't matter, so long as we are all equal in our misery.

Who am I kidding? I canceled our trip and will hold out for something better. Bad Comrade....

Newsflash: Those people weren't affected adversely by any choice other than their own by the way Fastpass used to be. The same can't be said for those that don't like the new system.

Seriously, the "get over it" argument is almost as weak as the "Good, more space for me" argument. It's a discussion board. Is that the best you can come up with?

Disney is not working to make Fastpass better for the average guest. Disney is looking for a way to make more money. Which I wouldn't have a problem with, except they're using devoted guests who spend thousands of dollars as it is as guinea pigs to figure out how to make even more money off of them. And how is it a more equitable system? Some choose to sleep in on their vacations, and obviously don't get to do as much in the parks. Why should that mean that those that get up earlier have to suffer?

What is bothering not some, but many people, is that they took a system that worked perfectly well for nearly 15 years and messed around with it so now it doesn't work nearly as well. Once again, it's simple math:

Old System: 8-10 Fastpasses per day/No tiers = More rides = Less standing in lines
New System: 3 Fastpasses per day/Tiers = Less rides with more time wasted standing in line

As long as WDW is now all about equality now and taking away advantages of early risers so others can get their beauty sleep, I think it's time for them to move the start times of their big shows back to a time my kids and I can see them instead of after we've left to go to bed. Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic should all start by 4 PM or they are just not being fair to everybody.

As long as WDW is now all about equality now and taking away advantages of early risers so others can get their beauty sleep, I think it's time for them to move the start times of their big shows back to a time my kids and I can see them instead of after we've left to go to bed. Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic should all start by 4 PM or they are just not being fair to everybody.

Sounds awesome! As an early riser, it's usually hard for me to catch these late shows, and this sounds like the perfect......and fair....... answer. :duck:

So all this is to make the FP system equitable? Then all Comrade DISers will no doubt be thrilled. Will there be loaves of bread at the end of a 2 hour line? Bad shoes? Scratchy toilet paper? Really, it doesn't matter, so long as we are all equal in our misery.

Who am I kidding? I canceled our trip and will hold out for something better. Bad Comrade....

I'm HOWLING with laughter. I've been thinking about the old Soviet Union throughout this entire saga. Everyone stood on ridiculously looooong lines not knowing what was the prize at the end of the rainbow because, after all, it just HAD to be something good!

We're done with WDW until this all shakes out. Not enough new attractions to interest us, attendance has shot wait times through the roof during significant portions of the year, and I have a family of thrill ride junkies. Not that you all care.....more FP+ s for you! Oh, wait....no, you get three....

Personally, I'm expecting them to bring all the attractions to me. It's only fair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter