• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiro - thank you SO much for this info! Exactly what I wanted to know! So, in general, you'd say that the FPP seats are better than the Dining Package seats? Good to know that I don't have to spend the money for a dining package! Also, do you think you could see multiple shows using FPP or would it be too late? For example, if I got there early and waited for the 5pm (standby) show, would I have time to get in the FPP line for the 645 show or by the time the theater cleared and I got there would the standby folks have already filled in? Also, thanks much for the info on having my MDE account screenshot with me!
Some Dining Package guests were upset because they were so far back from the stage.

You'd have plenty of time to get to the FP line as it's located on the right back edge of the amphitheater... you check in there before you move to the seating area. The 6 FP rows are reserved for FP only and they didn't fill in with Standby people.

I watched David Cook's 1st show from the FP area and then sat in Chase seating for his 3rd show. It was easy to see and hear his 2nd show through the windows of the Chase Lounge!

If someone who is "managed" by me, is in a park after the 3rd FP is used, can they arrange a 4th FP if they don't have an MDX app set up. Is the Magic Band and kiosk all they need?

If someone who is "managed" by me, is in a park after the 3rd FP is used, can they arrange a 4th FP if they don't have an MDX app set up. Is the Magic Band and kiosk all they need?

Yes, kiosks are always an option. Even a MB is not required, a standard RFID ticket will also work.

Thankyou for the great advice on this thread. I went on last night at 11pm central time and got every FP I wanted for our whole trip, including 7Dmt and TSM and even the times we wanted after I did some modifications. If not for this thread I don't think I would have been so happy.
Bev

I know this is probably a dumb question; we just booked a quick trip in May and the Maelstrom is due to reopen when we go. I realize waiting up at 12 am EST you should go for the A&E, 7DMT etc first, but I should go for the Maelstrom before the others? I was a little concerned when I saw we had picked the grand reopening week (Try very hard to avoid crowds) but maybe it's a good thing for MK visits, lol. Everyone will be heading to EP. I guess that's one good thing since we will be losing Fantasmic and TMRR the week we're there. I had so hoped my DGDs would be able to see Fantasmic since we had an incident last year and had to miss it.

Hey Hey, just chasing some opinions on this please, I think it works but just hoping to get some experienced opinions?

CuAGBjd.png

friday the 11th and wed the 16th- you have test track and soaring - you can't choose both. its one or the other unless you just wrote that in as the options then just ignore me

friday the 11th and wed the 16th- you have test track and soaring - you can't choose both. its one or the other unless you just wrote that in as the options then just ignore me

Hey I've got 4 available, 2 of each test track and soaring - will then use rider swap to get the rest of our group thru later in the day

I know this is probably a dumb question; we just booked a quick trip in May and the Maelstrom is due to reopen when we go. I realize waiting up at 12 am EST you should go for the A&E, 7DMT etc first, but I should go for the Maelstrom before the others? I was a little concerned when I saw we had picked the grand reopening week (Try very hard to avoid crowds) but maybe it's a good thing for MK visits, lol. Everyone will be heading to EP. I guess that's one good thing since we will be losing Fantasmic and TMRR the week we're there. I had so hoped my DGDs would be able to see Fantasmic since we had an incident last year and had to miss it.

It is an interesting dilemma...but I think it will depend on a lot on the crowd. I'd expect there to big a big push that week to Maelstrom out of who is there, but will it be a busy week in general?

What it might do is draw people away from 7DMT, and make that easier to get for a bit, so my thought is to aim for Maelstrom first and then 7DMT.

It is an interesting dilemma...but I think it will depend on a lot on the crowd. I'd expect there to big a big push that week to Maelstrom out of who is there, but will it be a busy week in general?

What it might do is draw people away from 7DMT, and make that easier to get for a bit, so my thought is to aim for Maelstrom first and then 7DMT.

You guys do know that it's a Frozen ride, not Maelstrom, right? ;)

Frozen Ever After is the running name, announced at D23 as I recall.

Yes. Unclear if they will leave MK, but most current indications are they will.
Presumably, this will also mean changes to the tiereing. You'd think both the ride and A&E would warrant tier 1 status.

Presumably, this will also mean changes to the tiereing. You'd think both the ride and A&E would warrant tier 1 status.

Maelstrom was already Tier 1, so probably no change there.

Hi, I had a question. We have Halloween party tickets for two nights. We were able to make advance FP+ reservations for those two nights which was great. Is it possible to use the second night's party tickets to make SDFP+ reservations on the day of the first party and vice versa? Would the tickets need to be assigned to different people for that to be possible? Thanks for all the help!

Hi, I had a question. We have Halloween party tickets for two nights. We were able to make advance FP+ reservations for those two nights which was great. Is it possible to use the second night's party tickets to make SDFP+ reservations on the day of the first party and vice versa? Would the tickets need to be assigned to different people for that to be possible? Thanks for all the help!
Tickets are assigned days. With each ticket is only 3 FP+ bookable in advance, so if you already booked three (six in total) you would not be able to book more with those tickets.

From what I saw earlier, the Halloween party tickets can be used to get SDFP+ on non-party days. Is that still the case? If so, if one set of tickets is for one date and the other is for another date, can the second set be used to get SDFP+ on the first party day and vice-versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter