FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
For onsite guests without a package (room-only), the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark, assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. Before this point only a 30-day window (beginning at the current day) will be active, again assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. It is possible to practice booking FP+s using this 30-day window

I'm trying to understand the above quote. This situation is if you buy your tickets separate from booking your on site room, right? And is it saying that you can practice booking FP's if you link your tickets prior to linking your room? But, once you link your room AND your tickets, you are back to having to wait until the 60 day window? Sorry!!

Yes, it applies if you purchase your room and tickets separately.

No, it does not matter if you've linked both the room and tickets. If you have separate tickets linked, you will always have a 30-day window to play with.

I'm trying to understand the above quote.

1. This situation is if you buy your tickets separate from booking your on site room, right?
2. And is it saying that you can practice booking FP's if you link your tickets prior to linking your room?
3. But, once you link your room AND your tickets, you are back to having to wait until the 60 day window?

Sorry!!

1. Yes.
2. It applies to having tickets and a room booked separately (not together in a package). You can practice because you have a valid ticket, which opens the 30-day window.
3. The 60-day window does not appear until 60 days before the onsite stay. More than 60 days before the onsite stay, you can only see 30 days.

ETA: And.....doconeill beat me to it. ;) :goodvibes

OK..thanks!! SO, it's probably better for me to book separately so that i can practice, right?

OK..thanks!! SO, it's probably better for me to book separately so that i can practice, right?

If that is important to you, yes.

The odd thing about tickets associated with a package is they are not considered valid until check-in day. This is fundamentally different than tickets purchased separately, which are considered valid as soon as they are linked. This behavior with package tickets seems to be at the root of why so many people report weirdness with their tickets and profiles on MDX before 60 days prior to their stay.

Good question. It's @mesaboy2 's thread, so maybe he knows.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference. But this is a VERY active thread that has already ran past the 250 page limit once (re; part II)

Did anyone ask to sticky this thread? :D

Good question. It's @mesaboy2 's thread, so maybe he knows.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference. But this is a VERY active thread that has already ran past the 250 page limit once (re; part II)

This was asked long,long ago. I can't say the post word for word, it went something like -most people don't read sticky's..and mesaboy2 got thread of the year.

This was asked long,long ago. I can't say the post word for word, it went something like -most people don't read sticky's..and mesaboy2 got thread of the year.

Exactly. When the ticket sticky existed, people were still constantly asking questions that could've been answered by reading the sticky.

We have a room booked for 1 night at the dolphin before moving off site for the rest of our stay. We have 6 day hoppers linked in MDE. Yesterday our 60 day window opened up, but we were only able to book Fast Passes for the two days tied to the dolphin. Last year we were able to book for the full length of our tickets. Did I miss something? Any thoughts on how to be able to book our other 4 days now? I called and CM said it's tied to length of stay, not length of ticket. Help please!

We have a room booked for 1 night at the dolphin before moving off site for the rest of our stay. We have 6 day hoppers linked in MDE. Yesterday our 60 day window opened up, but we were only able to book Fast Passes for the two days tied to the dolphin. Last year we were able to book for the full length of our tickets. Did I miss something? Any thoughts on how to be able to book our other 4 days now? I called and CM said it's tied to length of stay, not length of ticket. Help please!
You can book at a "rolling 60" for each park day of your offsite stay. You'll have to be on MDE each night/day to complete your FP bookings.

You can book at a "rolling 60" for each park day of your offsite stay. You'll have to be on MDE each night/day to complete your FP bookings.
Ok, thank you!! Last year, I think we were at 50 days when we booked, so that's why they all showed up at once. Thanks so much for your reply. Fingers crossed that another day opens for us tonight.

OK, I have read the sticky and another hour's worth of FP posts but still can't see anything about a simple question I have in mind. It may be there somewhere but this subject seems to challenge War and Peace in size. I understand how to make the original FP reservations for our group of 6. I also think I can handle revising them. However, my question is "Can anyone else change them or do they have to go through the manager. me?". Also, what if we are split up and the FP's for the day have expired, can one person add a new FP or must they go through me? What actually happens at the in-park kiosks? Thanks!

OK, I have read the sticky and another hour's worth of FP posts but still can't see anything about a simple question I have in mind. It may be there somewhere but this subject seems to challenge War and Peace in size. I understand how to make the original FP reservations for our group of 6. I also think I can handle revising them. However, my question is "Can anyone else change them or do they have to go through the manager. me?". Also, what if we are split up and the FP's for the day have expired, can one person add a new FP or must they go through me? What actually happens at the in-park kiosks? Thanks!
Depends on the access you have granted other people in your party on MDX. There is the option to have people be able to "view and change plans" or just "view plans."

Ok, but what must the other person do to enable this. I presume they need to create a Disney account, download MDX and then? How do they link up to my account? I would have their name on my account but that would not be enough surely. We have 2 reservation numbers for 2 rooms. And when they are in the parks and the FP's have expired and they want another, can they use the kiosk? or their MDX?

Ok, but what must the other person do to enable this. I presume they need to create a Disney account, download MDX and then? How do they link up to my account? I would have their name on my account but that would not be enough surely. We have 2 reservation numbers for 2 rooms. And when they are in the parks aind the FP's have expired and they want another, can they use the kiosk? or their MDX?
Just have them use the kiosk - that's the only way to get a 4th FP. You can also give them your MDE login info to Modify the initial 3 FP if you trust them.

Last edited:
Eat To The Beat FPs:
All FP holders sat in the right front area of the amphitheater - 1st 6 rows. FP guests were allowed in 45 minutes before the first show. For the 2nd and 3rd shows, FP guests were allowed in up to 30 minutes early after the amphitheater had been cleared.

Dining Package guests sat in the central area of rows beginning with Row 7.

Standby Guests who picked up wristbands in the afternoon at 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00, sat in the front 4 rows on the left side of the amphitheater. Chase wristband guests sat in the two rows directly behind the wristbanded Standby guests.

All other Standby guests filled in the remaining open areas.

FP, Chase, and wristbanded Standby guests had preferred seating directly under the roof. Most Dining Package guests sat in the open center area and weren't protected from the rain.

*On Saturday, the FP iPad CMs checking in the FP guests asked for everyone to show their MDE account because their iPad system was down. I showed them my screenshot of my FPs and was easily allowed into the seating area while the line was totally stopped while guests were attempting to access MDE.

Last edited:
Ok, but what must the other person do to enable this. I presume they need to create a Disney account, download MDX and then? How do they link up to my account? I would have their name on my account but that would not be enough surely. We have 2 reservation numbers for 2 rooms. And when they are in the parks and the FP's have expired and they want another, can they use the kiosk? or their MDX?
You need to send them an invite to link accounts, then they need to create an account, download the app, and accept your invite. They can then modify the original 3 ( assuming you grant permission! ). For 4th FP and beyond, those must be done at a kiosk, regardless of who does it.

You need to send them an invite to link accounts, then they need to create an account, download the app, and accept your invite. They can then modify the original 3 ( assuming you grant permission! ). For 4th FP and beyond, those must be done at a kiosk, regardless of who does it.
Ok, thank you, exactly what I need to know!

Hiro - thank you SO much for this info! Exactly what I wanted to know! So, in general, you'd say that the FPP seats are better than the Dining Package seats? Good to know that I don't have to spend the money for a dining package! Also, do you think you could see multiple shows using FPP or would it be too late? For example, if I got there early and waited for the 5pm (standby) show, would I have time to get in the FPP line for the 645 show or by the time the theater cleared and I got there would the standby folks have already filled in? Also, thanks much for the info on having my MDE account screenshot with me!

Eat To The Beat FPs:
All FP holders sat in the right front area of the amphitheater - 1st 6 rows. FP guests were allowed in 45 minutes before the first show. For the 2nd and 3rd shows, FP guests were allowed in up to 30 minutes early after the amphitheater had been cleared.

Dining Package guests sat in the central area of rows beginning with Row 7.

Standby Guests who picked up wristbands in the afternoon at 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00, sat in the front 4 rows on the left side of the amphitheater. Chase wristband guests sat in the two rows directly behind the wristbanded Standby guests.

All other Standby guests filled in the remaining open areas.

FP, Chase, and wristbanded Standby guests had preferred seating directly under the roof. Most Dining Package guests sat in the open center area and weren't protected from the rain.

*On Saturday, the FP iPad CMs checking in the FP guests asked for everyone to show their MDE account because their iPad system was down. I showed them my screenshot of my FPs and was easily allowed into the seating area while the line was totally stopped while guests were attempting to access MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter