FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you did, but I've always decided what park to go to each day well before my trip.
I also planned out my entire trip well in advance...subject to change depending on crowds, etc. But in my opinion, the old FP system worked for those who really knew how to work the system. For many others, unfortunately, it was always a crap-shoot. Not saying the new system is perfect, but I feel it's a more level playing field for everyone.

When I did my 60-day FP+ a week ago, I got everything I wanted at least once, and even 7D several times over the week. Luckily, we don't have the need (or desire) to visit Anna & Elsa, so we're very happy with our selections.

I also planned out my entire trip well in advance...subject to change depending on crowds, etc. But in my opinion, the old FP system worked for those who really knew how to work the system. For many others, unfortunately, it was always a crap-shoot. Not saying the new system is perfect, but I feel it's a more level playing field for everyone.

When I did my 60-day FP+ a week ago, I got everything I wanted at least once, and even 7D several times over the week. Luckily, we don't have the need (or desire) to visit Anna & Elsa, so we're very happy with our selections.
Yes, we always had a plan too, but the plan could be more flexible before.
This is our first time under the new system and I also got all the FP's when I wanted, so I'm happy enough with it. It's also our first time staying onsite. I'm guessing I'd be less happy if I were offsite, but that's Disney's right to reward/encourage onsite stays.
I just wondered how regular Disney visitors thought the new system worked compared to the old system.

Keep hopping everyone.. After checking and checking and checking again and doing one by one the FP for my halloween party that is on my first day of arrival, I finally been able to get 4 7DMT at 4 différents time (one 4:15 Pm, 1 at 4:30 PM, 1 at 4H40 Pm and 1 at 4:45 pm). Really happy to finally been able to get all the 3 FP I wanted for the 3h30 to 6h30 Windows :P

Apologies for what I'm sure is repeat question -

So, I get that I have to book a 4th FP at a kiosk within the park I want to use it in and not on the app, but you canodifu it on the app. My question is can you (from the app) change the attraction to one in a different park?

Example - I'm in MK and book a 4th for anything, then go to my app as I'm hopping to HS and change my 4th FP to TSM?

Thanks!
ConfusedNewbie :)

So, I get that I have to book a 4th FP at a kiosk within the park I want to use it in and not on the app, but you canodifu it on the app. My question is can you (from the app) change the attraction to one in a different park?

Example - I'm in MK and book a 4th for anything, then go to my app as I'm hopping to HS and change my 4th FP to TSM?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, sorry.

Thanks!
The edit function only works to change attractions within the park where the original FP is scheduled.

If we are going to be at Epcot in the morning and HS in the afternoon (mid-Nov), should I save my 3 FP+ for HS? We have a pre-park opening ADR at GG and the only ride that's important to us is the Test Track. We were thinking of going straight to TT after breakfast which should be close to the rope drop time. Any advice?

If we are going to be at Epcot in the morning and HS in the afternoon (mid-Nov), should I save my 3 FP+ for HS? We have a pre-park opening ADR at GG and the only ride that's important to us is the Test Track. We were thinking of going straight to TT after breakfast which should be close to the rope drop time. Any advice?

Yes do TT at RD in Epcot and save the FPs for DHS.

Yes, you can absolutely do this, but I would be very cautious on using the copy function. People have lost their original FP by trying to copy when there is no additional availability for an attraction (for example, A&E is fully booked, so you both get ETWB or something). Better to try and find DH a single that overlaps your existing window if he decides he wants to tag along.

Thanks Cluelyss! Any idea about the 2nd question in my post? We arrive on 19th, inlaws arrive on the 23rd. I'm doing their FP+ for them...will I need to log back in 4 nights after booking mine to get theirs? I'm pretty sure I do...just want to be completely sure:)

Thanks Cluelyss! Any idea about the 2nd question in my post? We arrive on 19th, inlaws arrive on the 23rd. I'm doing their FP+ for them...will I need to log back in 4 nights after booking mine to get theirs? I'm pretty sure I do...just want to be completely sure:)
I believe if you are all linked in MDX, everyone's window opens when the first window opens, but hopefully someone with experience can confirm.

I've gone through about 10 pages and never saw this question asked. Sorry if it is elsewhere in this thread.

Is there a site like Disney Dinning Buddy for Fast Pass?

I will be going to WDW Christmas / New Years week. I am sure many fast pass options will be "sold out" by the time I can choose.

Thanks!!

I just have a silly question. First time going down with FP+. What are the time restraints that you have on booking windows? When I say that I mean can you book 3 different fastpasses within an hour or does each have to be an hour apart or how does that work?

I've gone through about 10 pages and never saw this question asked. Sorry if it is elsewhere in this thread.

Is there a site like Disney Dinning Buddy for Fast Pass?

I will be going to WDW Christmas / New Years week. I am sure many fast pass options will be "sold out" by the time I can choose.

Thanks!!

Not that I know of, sorry. The best resource I can recommend for availability is the Dibb site linked to in Post #2.

I just have a silly question. First time going down with FP+. What are the time restraints that you have on booking windows? When I say that I mean can you book 3 different fastpasses within an hour or does each have to be an hour apart or how does that work?

FP windows for the most part are 60 minutes long, and none of them can overlap. So the closest they can be is an hour apart--for instance 1:00p-2:00p, 2:00p-3:00p, and 3:00p-4:00p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter