• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I recall, it did treat event tickets as an extra day. I don't recall if it restricted FP+ to 4pm-7pm :)

Thanks, that's what I thought too but wasn't sure.

I do know that party tickets don't restrict you to a certain timeframe, at least as of last year. I'm assuming that's still true since I haven't heard otherwise. I know you know this, but for others reading the caveat is you can schedule FP earlier, they're just useless to anyone using just a party ticket.

If you only have a mnsshp ticket under a person on MDE (and no other tickets) will it still let you make FP? I ask because it lists people in my MDE as not having any current ticket admission but they do have mnsshp tickets. I am thinking it is because it is outside of 30 days from the party ticket date but wasn't sure if they changed something and you couldn't book FP with only a party ticket in your name.
Edited to add they are not listed as staying onsite so the 60 day window wouldn't apply.

Last edited:

So I plan on being in Orlando with 5-6 days at Disney between January 20-28. How advantageous is it to be able to make 60 day fast pass advance reservations during that time? My issue is that I want to buy tickets from a third party site as they get discounted tickets from Disney (they're a not for profit) for significantly less than other third party sites. But the problem is that they won't have the tickets available until mid to late December.

Do you think fast passes will be gone if I wait until 30-40 days prior to my arrival to actually get my tickets?

I will say that it dépends on what FP you want.. Anna and Elsa will probably be gone.. but the rest should be fine

If you only have a mnsshp ticket under a person on MDE (and no other tickets) will it still let you make FP? I ask because it lists people in my MDE as not having any current ticket admission but they do have mnsshp tickets. I am thinking it is because it is outside of 30 days from the party ticket date but wasn't sure if they changed something and you couldn't book FP with only a party ticket in your name.
Edited to add they are not listed as staying onsite so the 60 day window wouldn't apply.
When I purchased my MNSSHP tix last year, and linked them in MDX, it opened a 30-day window at MK ONLY.

I have tried searching but cannot find exactly what I am looking for so although these 2 questions will likely have been asked, I would appreciate it if anyone would be willing to give 'er another go...

1. Due to the way that FP+ is set up, are fewer people choosing to purchase hoppers? My thought was that because all the selections must be from one park per-day, people might not want to risk missing their times?

2. When selecting a FP+ attraction, are you able to select a time frame you would like and have all attractions with a window within that time frame show up? For clarification I'll provide a hypothetical: say I want to use all my FP+ attractions at MK in the evening after hopping from AK. Can I search for all attractions in MK with a window open after 5pm? Or must one choose FP+ attractions one-by-one and then it provides all windows available for that attraction?

Thank you in advance for your time and willingness to share your knowledge!

I have tried searching but cannot find exactly what I am looking for so although these 2 questions will likely have been asked, I would appreciate it if anyone would be willing to give 'er another go...

1. Due to the way that FP+ is set up, are fewer people choosing to purchase hoppers? My thought was that because all the selections must be from one park per-day, people might not want to risk missing their times?

2. When selecting a FP+ attraction, are you able to select a time frame you would like and have all attractions with a window within that time frame show up? For clarification I'll provide a hypothetical: say I want to use all my FP+ attractions at MK in the evening after hopping from AK. Can I search for all attractions in MK with a window open after 5pm? Or must one choose FP+ attractions one-by-one and then it provides all windows available for that attraction?

Thank you in advance for your time and willingness to share your knowledge!

2. Once you've picked 3 attractions at a park for a day, you're next given 4 options to choose from with those attractions (assuming available) at different times. How those times are chosen by MDX is a mystery. They are usually close together in a certain part of the day (for example morning, mid-afternoon, etc.). Once you've picked one of those sets, you can go back and edit each attraction to different times offered (again a bit of a mystery), and again assuming availability.

2. Once you've picked 3 attractions at a park for a day, you're next given 4 options to choose from with those attractions (assuming available) at different times. How those times are chosen by MDX is a mystery. They are usually close together in a certain part of the day (for example morning, mid-afternoon, etc.). Once you've picked one of those sets, you can go back and edit each attraction to different times offered (again a bit of a mystery), and again assuming availability.

My strategy was to choose which FP+ time was most important to me (7DMT, Toy Story, Soarin') then choose the option (out of the 4) that had that priority FP at the right time. Then Modify the other two around it.

My 60 days is at midnight tonight (yaaay!!!) and I have a list of Fastpasses planned for everyday, including resort days just in case I want to do, like, TSMM again on that day and then leave. My trip will be from 29Oct-08Nov. I will be on at midnight. How important is it to skip around to the end of the and do fastpasses for the priorities first?

An example of what I mean is that 6am ADR rush. Everyone recommended putting their big restaurants like Ohana and BoG at the end of their trip, instead of the beginning, to get a leg up on the other people. If people tried with their 180th day instead of 187th day, they may have gotten a worse time or no reservation at all. (Still dealing with my horrible Ohana time for that...)

Will I have to do the same for my fastpasses? I have the main big priorities on my list, except for Anna & Elsa Meet and Greet.

Sorry for my kind of long-winded post. I'm new at the whole Fastpass thing.

My 60 days is at midnight tonight (yaaay!!!) and I have a list of Fastpasses planned for everyday, including resort days just in case I want to do, like, TSMM again on that day and then leave. My trip will be from 29Oct-08Nov. I will be on at midnight. How important is it to skip around to the end of the and do fastpasses for the priorities first?

An example of what I mean is that 6am ADR rush. Everyone recommended putting their big restaurants like Ohana and BoG at the end of their trip, instead of the beginning, to get a leg up on the other people. If people tried with their 180th day instead of 187th day, they may have gotten a worse time or no reservation at all. (Still dealing with my horrible Ohana time for that...)

Will I have to do the same for my fastpasses? I have the main big priorities on my list, except for Anna & Elsa Meet and Greet.

That strategy is really only relevant for A&E, and maybe MK fireworks/parades due to their limited days during party season. Unless there's a day that you are looking for a very specific time, it doesn't really matter which days you start with. I'd probably prioritize MK over the other parks, with HS (TSMM) next, then finish with Epcot and AK.

will both be up tonight :P if you want anna and elsa I rocommand do it at the end of the trip.. at the moment.. nothing for 4 is available before november 2

The same recommendation applies for FP+, mainly for the most extreme hard to get items like the A&E meet.

That strategy is really only relevant for A&E, and maybe MK fireworks/parades due to their limited days during party season. Unless there's a day that you are looking for a very specific time, it doesn't really matter which days you start with. I'd probably prioritize MK over the other parks, with HS (TSMM) next, then finish with Epcot and AK.

Nope, no specific times. Just days. Thanks for the best order to go. TSMM and 7DMT are probably the hardest ones on my list. I just hope it's not so much a rush that, if it takes me an hour to do for the entire trip, I miss out for being slow on the last ones.

will both be up tonight :P if you want anna and elsa I rocommand do it at the end of the trip.. at the moment.. nothing for 4 is available before november 2

Good luck to the both of us, then. Luckily, I work second shift and am wide awake at this time anyway. 7:00am for calling in my ADRs turned me into a zombie, though...

The same recommendation applies for FP+, mainly for the most extreme hard to get items like the A&E meet.

Less important if I'm not doing that one, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter