FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is my 60 day mark and I'm planning on getting up early to book FP+. We are a party of 4. There will be times that we will split up; ie. myself & DS doing A & E meet while DH & DD do SM. When booking the FP+, is it better to book all 4 for A&E, then change 2 of them later, or should I book 2 for A&E and 2 for SM? I can't believe how much I am stressing out over this! Thank you!

Why not do all 4 for both, then if they want to ride SM twice and your DD wants to see A&E again, y'all can trade your MB's and go again. Just a thought:scratchin

First of all, thanks mesaboy2 for the constantly updated info at the start of this thread. My apologies if these questions are too specific and should be their own thread.

We will be soon be booking FP+ for our fall trip. My greatest dilemma is the tiering at Studios (I know, I'm not alone). My wife's favorite ride in all the parks is Toy Story. My children's favorite ride in all the parks is Rock-n-Roller. We plan to hit Studios for two days of our trip. With the tiering, of course, we can FP+ one or the other each day, but not both. We prefer not to split up (besides, while they each have their favorites, they each like the other as well). Right now I see a couple of options:

1. Since TSMM probably has the worst lines, FP+ it on both days, riding RnR standby (hoping for shorter lines at RnR at rope drop or later in evening).

2. FP+ TSMM on one day and RnR on the other, guaranteeing a ride on each at least once if we otherwise deem standby lines to be too long to handle (I know that sounds crazy if these are our favorite rides, but we HATE long lines).

I would appreciate thoughts on either of these options, or any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

P.S. We are hoping that crowd levels in September are low enough that it makes most of our FP+ decisions moot!

First of all, thanks mesaboy2 for the constantly updated info at the start of this thread. My apologies if these questions are too specific and should be their own thread.

We will be soon be booking FP+ for our fall trip. My greatest dilemma is the tiering at Studios (I know, I'm not alone). My wife's favorite ride in all the parks is Toy Story. My children's favorite ride in all the parks is Rock-n-Roller. We plan to hit Studios for two days of our trip. With the tiering, of course, we can FP+ one or the other each day, but not both. We prefer not to split up (besides, while they each have their favorites, they each like the other as well). Right now I see a couple of options:

1. Since TSMM probably has the worst lines, FP+ it on both days, riding RnR standby (hoping for shorter lines at RnR at rope drop or later in evening).

2. FP+ TSMM on one day and RnR on the other, guaranteeing a ride on each at least once if we otherwise deem standby lines to be too long to handle (I know that sounds crazy if these are our favorite rides, but we HATE long lines).

I would appreciate thoughts on either of these options, or any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

P.S. We are hoping that crowd levels in September are low enough that it makes most of our FP+ decisions moot!

I would do #1. If you do your 3 FP+ early in the day, you might get RnR as your 4th FP+.

We have a room only ressie for the first night due to a flight change. We chose AoA to check it out and since there isn't free dining, it was a cheaper option. We arrive late, so no park that day. Then Sunday we will send our luggage to AKL and then start our trip. So can we book our FP starting with the date of the Saturday room only ressie or do we wait until Sunday?

July 8th is the day my window opens for FP+.
I understand that many have posted that they are not able to begin selecting until 1am on the day of, so I'm not freaking out bc it's past midnight EST and I cannot make my selections online just yet but......

Prior to midnight the message I rec'd stated that I would be able to make my selections on July 8th. AFTER midnight, now I'm getting a message saying I can't make selections until Sept 6th..... my check in day.
Anyone else get this too? Did it go away at 1am or after?

I understand that many have posted that they are not able to begin selecting until 1am on the day of, so I'm not freaking out bc it's past midnight EST and I cannot make my selections online just yet but......

Prior to midnight the message I rec'd stated that I would be able to make my selections on July 8th. AFTER midnight, now I'm getting a message saying I can't make selections until Sept 6th..... my check in day.

I am getting this message too!!!

I have the same dates as you! Although I didn't know about waiting until 1am, so that answers my question as to why I couldn't select Sept. 6th yet! But I'm not seeing any messages telling me when I can select…where did you see that?

I have the same dates as you! Although I didn't know about waiting until 1am, so that answers my question as to why I couldn't select Sept. 6th yet! But I'm not seeing any messages telling me when I can select…where did you see that?

Under "My Plans" There are 3 actions you can take: Select FP+, Make Dining Reservations, or Set Up Reminders. Under the FP+ there is a blue button you can click "Make Selections". I get the message when I click that. It reads: "You may begin making FastPass+ selections for your vacation on September 6, 2014." Ya, that'll be good.... I'll make them at 1am on Sept 6th and then go to bed for 2 hours and then wake up at 4am to go to the airport!! :thumbsup2

It reads: "You may begin making FastPass+ selections for your vacation on September 6, 2014."

I believe it means you may now begin making reservations for your vacation which begins on September 6. That is why you started getting that message, because it is now past midnight (Eastern) and is supposed to be the case. However, as you are finding out, reality does not match the message. It seems almost every night folks are finding that they have to wait to sometime past midnight; either 1:00 AM or even early the next morning (and yes, I know that both midnight and 1:00 AM are early the next morning, but I mean they go to bed and then sign up for FP+ when they wake up).

I have already purchased 2 of my 5 tickets from UT, but need to get 2 more and my sister purchased hers, which I think I'll do through WDW website, in the interest of time since we leave in 3 weeks.

First - once I pay for them online with Disney, will I be able to start reserving our FP's even if I'm choosing will-call?

Second - if I set the 5 of us up as family/friends group, will I be able to combine all the ticket media for same f/p times?

So sorry if this sounds a little on the ignorant side...I admit, I've fallen on my acquired WDW skills in the last few years!

Thanks.

If you choose will call, I believe you will need to link the tickets via ticket number (should be on your e-mail) prior to making FP+. I had tickets sent to my house and had to wait until they arrived to enter the ticket number in MDE. Others are posting that tickets ordered from Disney are automatically entered in MDE if ordered from the website.

Grouping FP+ reservations should be independent of ticket media. As long as everyone has tickets, from whatever source, and the tickets are registered in MDE, and everyone is on your MDE account, you should be able to make reservations for all.

I believe it means you may now begin making reservations for your vacation which begins on September 6. That is why you started getting that message, because it is now past midnight (Eastern) and is supposed to be the case. However, as you are finding out, reality does not match the message. It seems almost every night folks are finding that they have to wait to sometime past midnight; either 1:00 AM or even early the next morning (and yes, I know that both midnight and 1:00 AM are early the next morning, but I mean they go to bed and then sign up for FP+ when they wake up).

Found out on another thread that everyone else was getting the same message. But, as expected, it DID open up and allow us to make our FP+s just after 1am. Tired puppy this morning..... 4 hrs sleep just doesn't do it!

Found out on another thread that everyone else was getting the same message. But, as expected, it DID open up and allow us to make our FP+s just after 1am. Tired puppy this morning..... 4 hrs sleep just doesn't do it!

Yep opened at 1 for me too. Extra coffee girls me today. On the plus side I was waiting for sept to open and checked for the candlelight processional, since it was supposed to open today. Got it at midnight so at least I didn't have to get up to so that a few hours later? Silver lining? Lol

My FP+ date opens on July 26th for our September trip, for me to be able to make my FP selections.
We will be camping that weekend (no wi-fi access :guilty:) So i won't be able to make my FP+ selections until Monday the 28th.
My biggest concern is for 7DMT (no A&E for us).
If I have to wait a couple of days past my date, will I have trouble getting FP's?
Are there any other rides that are hard to get FP's, like A&E?

:thanks:

My FP+ date opens on July 26th for our September trip, for me to be able to make my FP selections. We will be camping that weekend (no wi-fi access :guilty:) So i won't be able to make my FP+ selections until Monday the 28th. My biggest concern is for 7DMT (no A&E for us). If I have to wait a couple of days past my date, will I have trouble getting FP's? Are there any other rides that are hard to get FP's, like A&E? :thanks:

It is not hard to get 7DMT.... I booked it on my 40-ish days and I still got hundreds of choice for time. Wasn't about to get A&E but then the next day 2 slots for A&E available for me to choose. So if you can't get it on that day keep coming back and suddenly some slots will appear!

My FP+ date opens on July 26th for our September trip, for me to be able to make my FP selections.
We will be camping that weekend (no wi-fi access :guilty:) So i won't be able to make my FP+ selections until Monday the 28th.
My biggest concern is for 7DMT (no A&E for us).
If I have to wait a couple of days past my date, will I have trouble getting FP's?
Are there any other rides that are hard to get FP's, like A&E?

:thanks:

I booked at about 45 days out and got 7DMT for all 3 of my MK days at times that I wanted.

Question if anyone can help! :)

I have 4 days of park passes, which I am booking FP+ for, spending one day at each park. On the 5th day I have tickets for MNSSHP (which I've never been to before) and am wondering can I book FP+ in the Magic Kingdom then during the time of the party? Or I've also heard they let you in around 4pm even though it starts at 7pm, so I'm wondering if I could do FP+ during that time period in the MK?

Let me know! :)

i have a question for anyone with FP+ experience, too.

we've been to disney a few times, but not since the new FP+. we are planning on travelling coming up in january, with another family. both of us are groups of three with two adults and a child under 13.

i saw the information about linking friends and family together, and figured this would be a great thing and allow me to make FP+ selections for all 6 of us.

we got the accounts linked, but i can only see the main account holder, not the husband and daughter. CM on chat is telling me that you can only share independent accounts. that means you can never share a kid and therefore cannot plan matching FP+ without having both families do it, which will be a logistical pain.

is this true? any ideas?

thanks.

Does anyone know at what time can FP+ be made on MDE for 30 days out ? For instance if I am looking to reserve FP+ for 8.8.2014, can I start reserving FP+ at 12:01 am EST on 7/9/2014 for the 30 day out mark ? Or does the system open up later in the morning, like at 6 or 8 am ?

Does anyone know at what time can FP+ be made on MDE for 30 days out ? For instance if I am looking to reserve FP+ for 8.8.2014, can I start reserving FP+ at 12:01 am EST on 7/9/2014 for the 30 day out mark ? Or does the system open up later in the morning, like at 6 or 8 am ?

take a look at the first post in this thread. it's generally 12am, sometimes 1am.

Question if anyone can help! :)

I have 4 days of park passes, which I am booking FP+ for, spending one day at each park. On the 5th day I have tickets for MNSSHP (which I've never been to before) and am wondering can I book FP+ in the Magic Kingdom then during the time of the party? Or I've also heard they let you in around 4pm even though it starts at 7pm, so I'm wondering if I could do FP+ during that time period in the MK?

Let me know! :)

Regular FP was not available for the parties, so I wouldn't expect FP+ to be either, and to be honest, it shouldn't be necessary because ride lines are typically short at the parties because most people pay the extra money for the party-specific events. People are reporting being able to book FP+ for the 4-7 time frame, though.

It's supposed to be 12:00 am, but there have been reports of people not being able to until 1:00 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter