• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read various tips that include "moving up your 2nd FP after you used the first"

How exactly do you do this? For example, if I have a FP+ for TSMM at 9am, then TOT at 10am, and ST @ 11, does this mean I:

1. go to TSMM at RD, use FP+, be done by 9:20
2. Go into MDE app, and change the time for TOT from 10 to 9:20
3. Ride TOT and move ST to 10am (or whatever)

Is this dependent on FP+ availability for those attractions? Meaning, if TOT isn't available until 4pm, the only option I have for moving it from 10am is 4pm, not 9:30am?

Yes, it is totally dependent upon availability. The easiest way to do it is ask an iPad CM if there is any availability for the current time and the CM can quickly check to see if there is availability for your complete group.

Thanks, everyone. This is such an informative thread and I have learned so much. I want to add two pieces of information to the thread. The first is advice for everyone, while the second is just my opinion.

1. I tried for the first time yesterday to book fastpass+ for my trip (34 days from now). I was able to get most of what I wanted at times I wanted. I was surprised that one morning at MK I was able to book SM for relatively early, but not BTMRR (until late in the day). I checked again this morning, and suddenly BTMRR was available for the window just after my SM window, so I was able to make the change (from Pirates). And before you ask, yes, I tried to make the time change to BT just after I booked it yesterday, but there were no morning slots available at all, while plenty are today. So my advice is this: If you don't get a time you want, check back often. Unlike dining ressies, which I think most of us book and forget about until the trip, I think you should be looking at these FP+ ressies as much more fluid.

2. It's been asked and briefly debated in this thread about when it is best to make your FP+, morning or afternoon/evening. our touring style is to never stay in one park all day. We return to the pool for lunch/afternoon, then always go to a second park in the late afternoon/evening. Based on anecdotal reports, I believe it makes much more sense to rope drop for the first park, then FP for the second park, to be sure to FP for headliners. Of course, this is my first trip with FP+, and I could very well change my mind after we go through it. I will try to remember to report back after the trip.

(For those thinking I contradicted myself between my morning FP experience in item 1 and my thoughts in item 2, we are not going to a second park that day, just staying at the pool, maybe heading to DD for dinner.) :)

I'm sure this has been covered as this thread is awesome! Have a couple questions.

OK, we have 12 in group consisting of a 2yo, 7yo, 4 grandparents, and some aunts and uncles. Is it possible for some in the group to use others FP+ spot?

For example. Say all of us get BTMRR fp+'s. Could some of us go ride it, and then borrow the tickets of those that don't want to ride it to get back in line for a second ride? Our 7yo loves it while some of the grandparents don't. :) Is this easier done with bands or tickets?

Second question. Since the 2yo doesn't need a ticket he doesn't need FP reservations...right? SO, if we all got FP+'s for Winnie the Pooh can we split up taking him multiple times (Mom and Dad take him with their FP, Aunt and Uncle take him with theirs, etc)?

Thanks for any insight!

Grizzly77- I can answer 1 of your questions. We were a group of 15 in Dec and what we did if certain folks didn't want their FP+ and others wanted to use them...we just took their bands as there is no way to bump someone else's FP+ over to someone else through MDE/app/kiosk. So we'd just borrow their MB to use their unwanted FP+.

My question-
Me and my 2 DDs have PAPs and I have linked them. My mom is joining us so I bought 4 day park hoppers for her and linked them. Then I made all our FP+ (for trip in Aug). Now I see that HS is open late on our arrival day and I booked Fantasmic for my DDs and I. I need to add another day to my mom's hoppers once we get to WDW (SSR) and then go on app to add Fantasmic for my mom (which shouldn't be a problem as I heard there are tons usually available the day of). But will adding a day to her hopper make us lose ALL her other FP+ resies? Will they cancel the 4 day hopper to give us a 5 day hopper? And if so, I think that will cancel all her FP+ resies, no?

They won't cancel the 4-day hopper, they'll just add a day to it. She won't lose her FP+ reservations.

Grizzly77- I can answer 1 of your questions. We were a group of 15 in Dec and what we did if certain folks didn't want their FP+ and others wanted to use them...we just took their bands as there is no way to bump someone else's FP+ over to someone else through MDE/app/kiosk. So we'd just borrow their MB to use their unwanted FP+.

Thanks Lovin :thumbsup2.

I wonder if there would be any hangups doing the same thing with tickets instead of bands. I guess our 7yo's ticket is just slightly different looking so a CM could spot something off if he used an adults ticket to ride again. I guess we could just get the bands.

Thanks Lovin :thumbsup2. I wonder if there would be any hangups doing the same thing with tickets instead of bands. I guess our 7yo's ticket is just slightly different looking so a CM could spot something off if he used an adults ticket to ride again. I guess we could just get the bands.

You don't need the MagicBands. As long as there is a valid Fp in MDE and the ticket links to it, anyone using the ticket will be fine.

You don't need the MagicBands. As long as there is a valid Fp in MDE and the ticket links to it, anyone using the ticket will be fine.

Thanks Tink!

Any insight on my second question:

Since our 2yo doesn't need a ticket he doesn't need FP reservations...right? SO, if we all got FP+'s for Winnie the Pooh can we split up taking him multiple times (Mom and Dad take him with their FP, then Aunt and Uncle take him with theirs, etc)?

Thanks Tink! Any insight on my second question: Since our 2yo doesn't need a ticket he doesn't need FP reservations...right? SO, if we all got FP+'s for Winnie the Pooh can we split up taking him multiple times (Mom and Dad take him with their FP, then Aunt and Uncle take him with theirs, etc)? .

Yes, what a great time he will have!! :)

Sorry if they've been answered (and thanks for the info on post one) but…

Do most people try to book fps for the afternoon when the parks are busier of the morning? And when you try to book originally do you even get that choice?

Thanks

Also…we MIGHT have to change our hotel dates as we've not got our flights booked yet. If we do change them it would be within the same period we have booked, just poss earlier flight out, later flight back, etc. I'm not gonna know until after I've booked (i.e. within the 60 day period). We'll still be staying in the hotel but if I alter the hotel dates will this lose all the fastpasses ADRs etc I have booked at that point?

Thank you

Just to clarify... Our entire family of 6 have AP's. Only two of our family members ride anything remotely thrilling so several days I split one set of FP's up into 3 rides w/ 2 people each. My plan was to just bring our RFID AP cards to give to my husband to use when riding rides w/ my DS using someone else's FP. I thought this might make more sense than taking off MB and risking losing those. Does this logic seem to make sense and will our cards work even if we used MB as park admittance? Thanks!!!

Just to clarify... Our entire family of 6 have AP's. Only two of our family members ride anything remotely thrilling so several days I split one set of FP's up into 3 rides w/ 2 people each. My plan was to just bring our RFID AP cards to give to my husband to use when riding rides w/ my DS using someone else's FP. I thought this might make more sense than taking off MB and risking losing those. Does this logic seem to make sense and will our cards work even if we used MB as park admittance? Thanks!!!

The cards will work because they link to MDE and the Fp data.

Yes, what a great time he will have!! :)

Yep use to do that all the time. Then he aged ;)

:)

We took him last year, at 18 months, and the first thing he said when he saw the CM's (getting you out of the hunny pot) was, "more, again, again!".

Luckily the entire group got the old school paper FP's so we took him 2 more times. Good to hear this method will still work.

Thanks for the info everyone! :thumbsup2

I apologize for this question as I am sure it has been asked (and answered) before - we rescheduled our travel dates to two weeks later than our original plan. I have some FP+ booked already for our initial dates - I would like to "unbook" them so someone else can have them as we now won't be there on those days.

How do I do that?

The FP+ for our new vacation dates have not been unlocked yet so I can't just edit them and change the date.

It has been noted on several threads that the CP Dining Package will not include the special viewing area for IllumiNations. We'll know definitely this week, but I will go with the NOT included due to FP+. This is not good b/c of the tiers @ Epcot. I would have to give up Soarin'. Side note-we are losing a lot of perks/extras @ Disney, but prices stay the same (CP Dining Pckg, MM, Meal Photos) or continue to increase.

Will your FP+ priority/recommendation change during the week of Christmas for IllumiNations? Any luck/reports on 4th or 5th FP+ for IllumiNations? Thanks!

Edit to Add: Posted by Robo in another thread...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51745915#post51745915

Is the current FP+ area the same as previous years CP Dining Package special viewing area?

I apologize for this question as I am sure it has been asked (and answered) before - we rescheduled our travel dates to two weeks later than our original plan. I have some FP+ booked already for our initial dates - I would like to "unbook" them so someone else can have them as we now won't be there on those days. How do I do that? The FP+ for our new vacation dates have not been unlocked yet so I can't just edit them and change the date.

I think you'll just have to wait until you can edit to the new dates. I wouldn't worry too much about freeing them up ASAP.

It has been noted on several threads that the CP Dining Package will not include the special viewing area for IllumiNations. We'll know definitely this week, but I will go with the NOT included due to FP+. This is not good b/c of the tiers @ Epcot. I would have to give up Soarin'. Side note-we are losing a lot of perks/extras @ Disney, but prices stay the same (CP Dining Pckg, MM, Meal Photos) or continue to increase. Will your FP+ priority/recommendation change during the week of Christmas for IllumiNations? Any luck/reports on 4th or 5th FP+ for IllumiNations? Thanks!

Nope. High crowds or low crowds, the relative worth of FPs stays the same in my opinion. The list is really based on relativity. (Pan will always be a better choice in terms of saving time than PhilharMagic, for instance.)

So is the 60-day out FP+ selection time been pretty consistent at 1AM?--not letting me book yet . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter