• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the same boat. I just became 60 days out at midnight. I have been trying to select my fp+ with no luck at all. Keeps saying my tickets are not linked. They plainly show up on MDE but they are in a package & for some reason it will not recognize them. Ugh!!!!!

Just hit the 1:00 am window (I'm on CST) and still can't get it to recognize my tickets

I don't think so. My understanding is that the wrist bands work like the old park tickets in that you have to use them to enter the park before you can use them IN the park (if you know what I mean).

Unless something has changed recently, that feature has not been working since they changed to FP+.

You can go back and adjust it right away. :-)

I adjusted my times immediately. It gives you a drop- down box with a selection of different times when you enter the edit feature. You don't get a choice of times initially.

Thank you! Strange that it just tries to assign you a time, but I guess some guests might not know they can change - kind of like the airlines just assigning a seat if you don't go in and choose one.

On our arrival day, we are headed to Animal Kingdom for the afternoon. Since it will be hot, I will be very pregnant, and my middle doesn't really care for the park , I was thinking of staying at the pool with the two youngest. Can my husband and oldest use our magic bands to use our fast passes if we did not go to the park?

Things may have changed, but we were able to do this in March.

Unless something has changed recently, that feature has not been working since they changed to FP+.

Soooo, you do NOT have to use the band to get into the park? You can use your own band to get into the park and have the extra band(s) in your pocket and still use them for the FP+? That would be great! Sorry about the bad info, Jack'smom. Have a great trip!

Magicbands are just a reference to your MDE account you have to enter the park using a band linked to your MDE account that has the fastpasses on it.

Now if the checking is enabled is a different story.

But again the band, park entry and FP are all digital data on a server somewhere at WDW. the band/card is just a way to get to the information.

IF Disney wanted to they could have a CM with an iPad standing by each attraction logging in Sue from Boise ah there 10 maple street check. But they choose to use RFID tags instead which point to Sue's information by reading a long basically random uniq number.

So if/when enforcement of being in the park is done you'll just have to enter with a magic band linked to the account with your park passes and fastpass on it.

Soooo, you do NOT have to use the band to get into the park? You can use your own band to get into the park and have the extra band(s) in your pocket and still use them for the FP+? That would be great! Sorry about the bad info, Jack'smom. Have a great trip!

That has been the case so far. No way to know if they will turn that feature on at some point.

keep having to find this thread, the first post is excellent info. Wish they could stickey it. Thanks Mesaboy2

30 days out (off-site hotel), FP+ worked great at midnight. Got MineCart for 5pm, and Splash/Thunder Mountain for earlier.

Okay, I've read plenty of stuff on them and experienced FP+ back on MLK Weekend. Going in just over 3 weeks for 8 days and other than having our first 2 days planned because of how late we get in as well as an ADR @ BOG, we've got nothing else really planned. Since we already have a 7DMT that second day and have no interest in A&E, do we need to book FP+ for the other days or will the day before suffice? I'm travelling with a pregnant wife and 2-inlaws. None of us are HUGE on the planning everything a month or more out and am just trying to gauge from anyone who's been there the last few weeks whether or not I'll be shut out of rides like Space, BTMR, Everest, RnR.

I've read various tips that include "moving up your 2nd FP after you used the first"

How exactly do you do this? For example, if I have a FP+ for TSMM at 9am, then TOT at 10am, and ST @ 11, does this mean I:

1. go to TSMM at RD, use FP+, be done by 9:20
2. Go into MDE app, and change the time for TOT from 10 to 9:20
3. Ride TOT and move ST to 10am (or whatever)

Is this dependent on FP+ availability for those attractions? Meaning, if TOT isn't available until 4pm, the only option I have for moving it from 10am is 4pm, not 9:30am?

When booking your FP+, do you have to go in order of your park days, meaning book your first park day FP+ first? We're going to be in the parks 9/7,9/8, 9,9, 9,11. Can I book the ones we want for 9/11 first (looking for A&E this day), and then book FP+ for the other days later? Or would I need to start with 9/7 and go in order from there?

When booking your FP+, do you have to go in order of your park days, meaning book your first park day FP+ first? We're going to be in the parks 9/7,9/8, 9,9, 9,11. Can I book the ones we want for 9/11 first (looking for A&E this day), and then book FP+ for the other days later? Or would I need to start with 9/7 and go in order from there?

You can go in any order you'd like! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter