FAQ: Flying Out of Buffalo OR Detroit

I stayed there last Dec before a flight and it was nice, I think it is a not all that old. With 3 weeks parking that is a good deal, and I think it was only about 5 minutes to get to the airport.

Courtyard Marriott Buffalo
4100 Sheridan Drive
Buffalo, NY 14221

Has anyone ever stayed here? I just booked park and fly rate for $116 plus tax including 3 weeks of parking, room, shuttle transfers but NO breakfast.

It is a little further from the airport but the best rate I could find that includes 3 weeks parking.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Courtyard Marriott Buffalo
4100 Sheridan Drive
Buffalo, NY 14221

Has anyone ever stayed here? I just booked park and fly rate for $116 plus tax including 3 weeks of parking, room, shuttle transfers but NO breakfast.

It is a little further from the airport but the best rate I could find that includes 3 weeks parking.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

That's a great rate that you got, especially since parking is about $40 a week at the airport. Our family have stayed there before, and it's a great hotel to overnight at.

We got a direct flight from Buffalo to MCO for $99 in Dec. We just need to find our return flights now...

Who is this flight with?

Right now, looks like it's going to be at least $380-$400 return in December. However, that's during the holiday season.

I booked direct flights from Rochester NY to Orlando for $140.00 per person - return on Airtran. We normally fly Jetblue from Syracuse, but the extra distance by car is worth it!

This is a great thread.... do people prefer the long term parking at the Buffalo airport or do you use the Fasttrack lot?
For both, do you park and then take a shuttle to the terminal?

Thank you!

Hello My fellow Canadians

We are flying out from Bufflo International Dec 1/08. We are flying with Air Tran and I was wondering what your thought were on this airline?

Thank you.
:disrocks: :sulley:

Hello My fellow Canadians

We are flying out from Bufflo International Dec 1/08. We are flying with Air Tran and I was wondering what your thought were on this airline?

Thank you.
:disrocks: :sulley:

We just returned for WDW on wednesday. We flew Airtran, it was a good flight. On time,good service. Only piece of advice I would give you is to check in online 24hrs in advance to get your seats. Each flight we had was over sold. Were flying with Airtran again in Dec as well.

Ok, I will be at the Bufflao Airport Sept 11th and I will need to part for 12 nights - now what? Tell me who,what where, why, when! (well I already know somet of these lol) THANKS :thumbsup2

We flew Spirit out of Detroit last week and one thing I will say is to constantly check your flight times. We flew on Sunday originally scheduled for 7:45am. When I was checking on the Friday night both our departing and returning flights had been changed. Our return was for 7:45pm and was moved up to 6:15. The departing flight was moved back to 8:45. The departing flight was oversold and they were asking if anyone was interested in flying later and they would be compensated. If they had offered this coming home we would have taken it!! The airlines are so cash strapped that they cancel and combine flights to make it cost effective.
On a side note when we left we flew out of the old terminal in Detroit. When we returned we flew into the new terminal which was nice but having to go downstairs to get our bags then either get back on the escalator or elevator to back upstairs to catch our shuttle was a little poorly thought out.

Hi all,
We are staying overnight at the Westin Hotel and would like some recommendations for where to eat dinner...either close by Westin Hotel or perhaps in airport? Nice but not too expensive...a chain would be fine .....Thanks!

Hi all,
We are staying overnight at the Westin Hotel and would like some recommendations for where to eat dinner...either close by Westin Hotel or perhaps in airport? Nice but not too expensive...a chain would be fine .....Thanks!
I can tell you where not to go. When in Michigan we have eaten at Big Boy restaurants before and although it is really just a greasy spoon they are not bad, the Big Boy on Merrimen Rd however is disappointing. There is a Bob Evans nearby but I have not eaten at that particular location. Bob Evans is a chain and is not a bad (nothing fancy) family restaurant. There is good old Macdonalds on Merrimen as well.

Hi all,

Maggie,

As your staying right at the airport, there is a restaurant there. I have not eaten at the new hotel, but if it is on par with the old hotel at Metro, be prepared for an expensive meal. We typically stay near the park n fly on Merriman and usually eat at the Merriman Street Grille. It is 1.25 Km. north of I94 on Merriman (on the west side). Reasonably priced and food is pretty good. There are a few restaurants on Merriman, but I can't comment on them. Once we found one we liked, we just go back. Have a great vacation.

Tim

When is the ideal time to book for a flight from Buffalo to Orlando for mid-March? How far out is best? I'd like to buy ASAP but at a good price. What can I expect to pay for a good deal out of Buffalo per person, round trip, for that time period?

Thanks in advance!

Can someone tell me where to park for just 4 days at the buffalo airport? Short trip - Saturday early morning to Tuesday late evening. What parking lot is the coupon listed above good for?
Also flight is at 9:30am on a Saturday morning - if I aim to leave Guelph at 5amish will that give me enough time to comfortable get to the airport?? I believe every other time we've done the drive it's been about 1 hr 45 mins to get there but we've always done a park and fly!

Can someone tell me where to park for just 4 days at the buffalo airport? Short trip - Saturday early morning to Tuesday late evening. What parking lot is the coupon listed above good for?
Also flight is at 9:30am on a Saturday morning - if I aim to leave Guelph at 5amish will that give me enough time to comfortable get to the airport?? I believe every other time we've done the drive it's been about 1 hr 45 mins to get there but we've always done a park and fly!

I would just park at the Airport long term parking, which I think the coupon you are talking about it good for. http://www.buffaloairport.com/airport_info/parking_availability.phtml

The shuttle service is very good a van usually follows you to your spot and returning from the airport I have never had to wait for the shuttle.

I leave 5 hours before our flights, we live near Stone Road Mall, but we always stop for lunch so 5:00 AM sounds about right for a 9:30 flight. Make sure to cross at Fort Erie.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter