• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy ~ September 5, 2015 ~ Western Caribbean

Hello all....check in time for Gold is coming up this weekend (5/23), and then for Silver (which is me and DH) on 6/7.....Just wondering if anyone in Platinum has encountered anything unexpected in the options during online check-in (either with available tours, port arrival times, etc.). I'm not really thinking there will be...but it just occurred to me this morning that others are starting to check in already....so thought I would check

Also I'm gold status. And have been on this cruise before. So fun. Let me know if anyone has questions.

That's so exciting! Congratulations!

We are also on this cruise and have been considering requesting the grand cabana (#21). I have heard something about this cabana being used for wedding parties. Do you know which cabana you will get for your daughter's wedding, and should I start thinking about trying for a different one?? :-)

Hi Grammie - I don't know ! It is a very small wedding though as we are travelling from the Uk so just 10 guests at present . I must ask my daughter ! Sorry I hadn't seen your post .

Hi, traveling with 6 of us - my husband, mom, two sons (ages 3 and 5) and nephew (age 5). Looking forward to it! I'll figure out how to PM for fish extenders, since that sounds like fun. I hope to get matched up with little boys to get my kids excited about getting stuff ready for them.

Is this the right place to post questions about shore excursions? Or is there another board for those questions? Also, does anyone know if this is a Halloween on the High Seas cruise? Last time I checked the dates had not been announced for that yet.

Hello...
We DH, DD21,DD19 and ME will be on this cruise. It's mine and DH's eleventh cruise and the girls 8th. It's also our 'grand slam' .. Once aboard we will have done all four DCL ships.

My girls would like to participate in an FE... I've had a quick read through . Is someone organising?

Hi Everyone, We're 1st time Disney cruisers and super excited. We heard that the Fantasy is a great ship and our friend's favorite. We will be my wife and 2 girls (7 & 10) coming along with my folks. Any must do's before and while we're cruising? Has anyone run the Castaway Cay 5k?

Its almost time YAY!!!! I'm traveling with Dh, 17 year old daughter, 9 year old daughter & 7 year old daughter. This is our 2nd Disney cruise. So excited!! Is this the spot where we go to exchange for the fish extenders? Also this is our 1st time doing the western Caribbean, any pointers or must see ideas?

Hi Everyone, We're 1st time Disney cruisers and super excited. We heard that the Fantasy is a great ship and our friend's favorite. We will be my wife and 2 girls (7 & 10) coming along with my folks. Any must do's before and while we're cruising? Has anyone run the Castaway Cay 5k?
it is our first Disney cruise as well and we are SO excited!!! My husband and I have cruised before but this will be our first with our 3 boys

so I have a problem, and i was hoping someone could help me. Perhaps you figured out a way on a past cruise. I really REALLY had my heart set on the sting ray excursion at grand cayman for my family however disney will not let me book it for my 4 year old who is 3 months shy of 5 years old. Stingray city says I can (they have no age limit) so I wanted to book directly with them however we are there from 10:30-5:30 and the two time slots they have open for weekdays are 10 am (too late) and 2:30-5:30. Seeing as how 5:30 is the time we are supposed to leave I thought that was cutting it too close. Anyone know how i can book it even though my little one is 4?

Sounds crazy that I would want to do the castaway 5K because I have a bum knee but I really really want to. I've done several before but about a year and a half ago I messed up my knee and now I am limited. I can walk them but I can't over do it on the walking or I regret it.
My oldest isnt shy but not outgoing either, but we should get them together. Alex can talk video games and minecraft all day
that would be great. right now they don't know about the cruise. They find out tomorrow when we go out to celebrate their birthdays!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, :goodvibes I am also on this cruise. My name is Robin and I will be traveling with dh (Matt), dd's (Gabrielle 15, Sophia 8 at cruise time). I am so excited to be back on the Fantasy. This will be my 3rd time on the Fantasy and one time on the Magic.
Hi Michelle....here I am! Lol:wave2:

How did you like the Magic? We are on the Fantasy for this cruise and then are thinking of doing our second on the magic in late 2016. Thoughts?

We just booked, Cabin 7536. We are DH Bill 50, DW Carol 50, and DS Stephen 9 but will turn 10 while on the cruise. This will be our first cruise on the Fantasy, we did a Halloween on the Magic in 2011. We had such a great time that we had to do it again. We would be interested in joining in the FE if it gets established.

We are in 7567 :) Hope to see you around!

Hi everyone,

I cannot believe I have taken so long to find you guys! This is our first DCL cruise ever!:earboy2: My husband and I will be celebrating the 5th anniversary of our DFTW and sailing with our 2 year old son. This will be his 3rd cruise and 1st DCL. The others were on Carnival but I finally convinced my DH to bite the bullet and head to Disney. We first met working on the Disney College Program and head to the theme parks about twice a year. We are so incredibly excited to FINALLY be doing this. I have saved every DCL email (I am too excited to delete) I have had the app on my phone since October and cannot believe it's 84 days away! Any tips on things to not miss out on with a two year old who loves characters and running, would be appreciated. For real, if you see me you will likely see Avery first running past you and saying hi. All that open space on deck is far too tempting for our wannabe track star. :hyper:

We might be interested in the FE too, can someone give me a bit more detail? I know it's an exchange but exactly what is expected. We are on the 7th deck by the way!

Is this the right place to post questions about shore excursions? Or is there another board for those questions? Also, does anyone know if this is a Halloween on the High Seas cruise? Last time I checked the dates had not been announced for that yet.

Hi! DisneyCruiseLineblog.com announced that this would be the first Halloween on the High Seas Cruise for the Fantasy. It was posted to travel agents but Disney hasn't announced it yet officially. I'm not sure why but my fingers are definitely crossed. We love the Halloween Party in the parks but our two year old can't stay up late enough to really get the full benefit so we missed it last year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter