Fantasy on December 24, 2016

Hello. I'm new here. This will be our first cruise. I'm super excited. Basically it's my big birthday present. I love the idea of the FE group and would love to participate. We don't have a cabin number as we did a delux family veranda guaranteed. I don't know if we get our cabin number before we check in? This is all new for me. There are 3 of us, son will be 10 (sad he's too young for tween club as the kids club looks like it's geared towards little kids and not too interesting for him).

Hello. I'm new here. This will be our first cruise. I'm super excited. Basically it's my big birthday present. I love the idea of the FE group and would love to participate. We don't have a cabin number as we did a delux family veranda guaranteed. I don't know if we get our cabin number before we check in? This is all new for me. There are 3 of us, son will be 10 (sad he's too young for tween club as the kids club looks like it's geared towards little kids and not too interesting for him).

Cool. I will add you to the conversation we have going for those interested in the FE. I read somewhere you will get your room number a few weeks before your cruise or at check-in. You may want to consider online check-in as soon as it is available 10/10? (I'm guessing since you are a first time cruiser like me.)

** Note: I think you may need to make mores posts and be more active on the Disboards before i can add you to the conversation.

Last edited:
Cool.
After reading about people getting assigned their cabins, I checked and we have our cabin!

How are people handling Santa and Christmas morning on the ship? Our 10 year old is still a Santa kid.

How are people handling Santa and Christmas morning on the ship? Our 10 year old is still a Santa kid.

Lol.. I've been thinking about that one forever. Great question. We put luggage under the tree last year for the girls. They had Mickey Mouse Christmas pajamas and pirate outfits in them and Santa left a note saying he would find us. I will probably do something small christmas morning and have my dog sitter put anything else we have under the tree at home. That's the best i could come up with, they are too excited I think it will be fine. I also recall reading they give the kids something small. I have no idea what but if anyone knows if that is true please fee free to respond. Good Luck with what you decide to do. I'm sure you can think of something. If you do the elf on the shelf you could tie that in some how i'm sure. Like leave a santa locater magnet with a note from the elf or something really goofy like that. No pun intended.

I'm looking at the pottery barn Santa bags, thinking something like that might be easier to just pull out and leave in the room. Less likely to wake up kiddo.

Any runners on this cruise? I'll be in peak training week for a runDisney race (Star Wars light side challenge, 10k+half marathon). So, I anticipate a few days of several hours running the track. And of course castaway cay 5k.

There is a Facebook group. It is equally as quiet. I'm not sure if you can post link's on this web page because I don't know who started it, but if you search for Disney Fantasy I bet you can find it.

Agree, pretty quiet on the FB cruise page - not as many members as most cruises. That FE group is also very small. Not sure if it is due to the holiday. We do have a mixology group organized - very excited.

Last edited:
It took me forever to find the FB group. It wasnt easy at all and not listed as its own group. I think it may be more active than here. Im unsure which FE group to sign up for though.
Im getting excited about the trip! I think we know what excursions we want to do, and then to figure out other things we want to do, when we want to try to reserve palo.

How are people handling Santa and Christmas morning on the ship? Our 10 year old is still a Santa kid.[/QUOTE

I purchased some Disney xmas stockings at Hobby Lobby, and just plan to put some stocking stuffers in them on Christmas morning.

So looking forward to this cruise and FE group! These are not only a great way to meet people, but they are just plain fun!!

What night is pirate night? Is thee a way to find out the general schedule of stuff now, so i can figure out the best days to try for Palo? I feel like its hard to find info on aything for the cruise, having to dig deep through tiny links (im working by phone).

Another question. Our flight lands around 10:30 on cruise day at MCO. We have ground transfers. How long does this process usually take, to get to the ground transfer location, get onto a bus, and get to the port? Are there long lines to get on busses?

Agree, unusually quiet on the FB cruise page. That FE group is also very small. Not sure if it is due to the holiday.

There must be two face book pages, as I didn't see an FE on the one that i'm on. Interesting. I wonder if it makes sense to combine them.

So, is there a thread fo FE how many are in the FE?

we only kicked it off a few weeks ago as none of us could find one. There are only a handful of us. I added you to our conversation. That is where we are sharing our details.

There must be two face book pages, as I didn't see an FE on the one that i'm on. Interesting. I wonder if it makes sense to combine them.
We'll, it's not super big or active, but this thread is super quiet. I'm Leigh Ann on FB (I've cross posted questions here and there so I'm sure you can figure out who I am )

Anyone spending time in the parks before or after the cruise? Since it's New Years even we'll be spending a couple days after in the parks. Last year we had rang in the new year at Disneyland, so it's coast-to-coast :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter