• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy January 23, 2016- STAR WARS

I'm so excited... We are very fortunate to have family who are extremely generous with their DVC points, or we'd never be able to stay at these resorts. :lovestruc

We're from Ontario too! I've done the drive more times than I can count (mostly as the child in the car), but I've never gone straight through. Drive safe!

I'm happy to report that we have decided to fly, and booked our flights today! With the exchange rate being what it is, the cost of gas and meals on the drive makes it not far off from flying. I'm a happy camper, no miserable drive, and so much faster and safer. :)

I'm happy to report that we have decided to fly, and booked our flights today! With the exchange rate being what it is, the cost of gas and meals on the drive makes it not far off from flying. I'm a happy camper, no miserable drive, and so much faster and safer. :)

That is fantastic news! DH and I have flown out of Buffalo the past few trips, but even the drive home from there was a bit iffy on late, winter stormy nights... With the low dollar it doesn't save as much as it used to anyway. I'm quite looking forward to flying Westjet out of Pearson this time.

So we are arriving Thursday, taking the magical express to Art of Animation then playing until we leave for the port on Saturday morning. Question. What is everyone doing for transportation to and from the port? We need to get that arranged, them we are READY!

We're arriving Thursday and staying at Pop! Our friends are arriving Friday and the four of us are using Happy Limo to get to the port on Saturday. Then we're taking DCL's bus to the airport, post-cruise!

We're getting more& more excited!

I told my friend that, the other night, I had a pre-cruise anxiety dream that my husband and I had forgotten to get ANY cash to take with us before going on the cruise and that we only had what was in our wallets (a combined $30). I was so disappointed, in my dream!

I mean, what makes it really weird is that we're spending two days at Disney before the cruise. I'm sure I can find cash SOMEWHERE.

Right off the top, I need cash for:
-tipping the limo driver to the port
-tipping the excursion person/people for the GC excursion
-small bills for potential room service
-cash for any shopping in Mexico
-anything extra I may wish to tip server/room host on the ship

I told my friend that, the other night, I had a pre-cruise anxiety dream that my husband and I had forgotten to get ANY cash to take with us before going on the cruise and that we only had what was in our wallets (a combined $30). I was so disappointed, in my dream!

I mean, what makes it really weird is that we're spending two days at Disney before the cruise. I'm sure I can find cash SOMEWHERE.

Right off the top, I need cash for:
-tipping the limo driver to the port
-tipping the excursion person/people for the GC excursion
-small bills for potential room service
-anything extra I may wish to tip server/room host on the ship

I go to the bank before our trips & get $50 in $1s & $50 in $5. I like having it for tips & odds & ends

Hi everyone

I'm attaching the most up to date Pixie Dust list I have. Right now we have 6 cabins on that list. If you want to join please let me know. Also if you haven't given me your cabin number please send it to me as soon as your know so we can have the most updated info before we all get on board.

Attachments

• Disney Fanatsay FE Pixie Dust List.pdf
    6.8 KB · Views: 15

Do you all bring US cash to Mexico? It's been nearly a decade since the last time I was in MX. Is the "street" exchange value still running about $1 US for 10 pesos? If so, it might be worth my while to order some pesos at the bank rate before I leave Canada.

What merchandise did everyone preorder? Today's the last day & im trying to figure out what to order.

We didn't get too much. A few of the pins and the Christmas ornament. We are big pin collectors and DH's main collection is Star Wars.

We didn't get too much. A few of the pins and the Christmas ornament. We are big pin collectors and DH's main collection is Star Wars.

We're really not big pin collectors, we have like 3 from our honeymoon 14yrs ago :lmao:, but I would like to get the date specific one & the cruise one. Then DH likes the Hans solo & chewbaca ones & the one you get your name printed on. I just don't know if I want to spend that much on pins that we don't really collect, lol. Though I've had vision of sticking them on matting with a cruise picture we take. I like the long sleeve tshirt, the tervis & maybe the ornament. Decisions...decisions... Especially since today's the last day!

Which means......ONE MONTH UNTIL OUR CRUISE!

Do you all bring US cash to Mexico? It's been nearly a decade since the last time I was in MX. Is the "street" exchange value still running about $1 US for 10 pesos? If so, it might be worth my while to order some pesos at the bank rate before I leave Canada.

I think you can look online and find that out, but I'm just bringing US cash. I'm only planning to go to Los Cincos Soles, so it's moot.

What merchandise did everyone preorder? Today's the last day & im trying to figure out what to order.

Today's only the last day for the special stuff, right? I thought we had till mid January on the regular items?

And, of course, I can't get in to my reservation now. Stupid website.

Today's only the last day for the special stuff, right? I thought we had till mid January on the regular items?

And, of course, I can't get in to my reservation now. Stupid website.

I thought everything had to be purchased today? Is that wrong?

I thought everything had to be purchased today? Is that wrong?

I'm pretty sure it was just the Random Selection items and we have until early/mid-January for the regular stuff!

Anyway, happy holidays, all! We're off to MA today for the next few days, to visit my family!

I'm bummed, still no Palo Brunch. I keep checking everyday!!!!
I recently got back from a Wonder cruise. I am a solo cruiser. I also couldn't get a reserve for Palo brunch on line. On boarding I went immediately to Triton where adjustments are made and got my reservation. Keep trying on line but don't despair.

We LOVED Tulum. LOVED it. We're going on a family cruise in July, so we're postponing a second trip until then.

It was a 45 minute high speed catamaran ride (be prepared for motion sickness), a short walk, and then an hour or so on the bus. Once off the bus, the bathrooms are in a jewelry store where, you know, aggressive but polite salespeople. Then another 10 minute walk or a couple dollar (cash only!) tram ride to the actual ruins. Our tour, with RCI, provided us with personal headsets so that we didn't have to crowd around our tour guide as he talked to us about what we were looking at. We then had some time to wander around on our own, before meeting back at the bus. It was gorgeous.

The driver and the tour guide expected tips, just an FYI. :)
About the headsets.If they are over the ear fine; on the ear won't work with my hearing aids. If the headphes are plugged into a receiver I will bring my headset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter