Fantasy January 23, 2016- STAR WARS

We are flying in LATE Thursday From MN/WI - staying at hotel in airport since sooo late (11:40 pm hopefully the kids will sleep on the plane). Then Grabbing a car on Friday early and driving to Legoland doing the park during the day and staying at Legoland resort (in a pirate room) overnight. We have been to the park multiple times and it's an easy afternoon for us and with the BOGO coupons I can agree to it. Then in am heading to Port after early breakfast - our PAT is 1030-11 so we will be planing to make it to Cocoa Beach by 10. After cruise we are renting a car again and staying at AKL with no plans but to relax and prepare for our early - sad - trip home on Sunday at 9, and to see all the cool things at AKL we missed last year when we stayed there since we were at Parks every day! We LOVED just watching the animals and never had much time.

Our friends that are joining us are from a suburb of Milwaukee! It sounds like a busy 2 days prior to the cruise, then you can sit back & relax on the cruise!

Oh man, the two of us and a friend put primer on the walls in the basement space that's being renovated and the ceilings. Then they painted the ceilings in the three room, put a first coat in the bedroom, my husband painted the bathroom (first coat), and now we're waiting for delivery.

All because - SURPRISE! - flooring is being installed on Monday!

...I need a vacation. ;)

So when's everyone arriving? If you're arriving early what are you doing?

Last year we arrived the day before & stayed at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach, it was just an ok hotel, but it was nice to walk on the beach, walk to the restaurant on the beach next door for dinner & to get the 40% off coupon for the the long term parking garage.

This year we plan to arrive Thursday night & stay thru Saturday am at the All Stars Sports (no good deals on any deluxes) since our friends we met last year on the cruise are flying in from WI on Friday. So they can take DME to the hotel & we can hang out at probably DTD during the day. Then we have an Ohana reservation for dinner. Then Saturday we will drive them with us to the port.

When's everyone's PAT? We have 11:30-11:45 & our friends are 12-12:15.

We're driving all the way from Ontario, leaving Thursday afternoon, should make it to Cocoa Beach Friday around dinnertime, where we'll meet up with my in-laws who are smart and flying ;). We'll enjoy a little time in Cocoa Beach, hit up Ron Jon and have dinner. We're staying at the Four Points, we've stayed there twice before and really like it. Then, after a good night sleep, it's off to the ship!!!

We're driving all the way from Ontario, leaving Thursday afternoon, should make it to Cocoa Beach Friday around dinnertime, where we'll meet up with my in-laws who are smart and flying ;). We'll enjoy a little time in Cocoa Beach, hit up Ron Jon and have dinner. We're staying at the Four Points, we've stayed there twice before and really like it. Then, after a good night sleep, it's off to the ship!!!

Are you driving straight through? We always stop at a hotel along the way & then keep driving. We drove straight home once & it was miserable.

When's everyone's PAT? We have 11:30-11:45 & our friends are 12-12:15.[/QUOTE]

We're arriving the day before. Staying at Saratoga Springs. Hopefully going to Morimoto Asia. PAT is 11:15. Staying until sunday. Hopefully will get a round a minature golf in and spend time at disney quest before we leave. Hoping for a Boma breakfast sometime in there! My favorite breakfast.

Last edited:
Ack! It's so hard to keep this cruise as a Christmas surprise for one member of our 6-adult party... I tried joining the facebook group, but it seems like everything I "like" or post is broadcasted on my activity feed. (I knew there was a reason I've been avoiding facebook....) I guess I'm going to have to keep all my cruise planning chatter to the Dis!

We're also arriving the day before... we were going to stay (DVC) at Saratoga Springs, but ended up changing to the Grand Floridian when we changed our plans to include a day at MK. Our PAT is 12:15 so there's plenty of time to pick up our ration of craft beer and return the rental van before then. :smooth:

Is anyone else planning on catching the fireworks at Disney Hollywood Studios after the cruise? DH and I are booked for the Star Wars dessert party on Jan 30 to cap off the cruise. I was a bit on the fence about it, but I don't think we'll be back in the "World" until late 2017 at the earliest, so we're going all-out for this trip. :darth:

Are you driving straight through? We always stop at a hotel along the way & then keep driving. We drove straight home once & it was miserable.
Yes, we do straight through. My husband does most of it, he's always so excited to get there, that alone keeps him going! Going home is another story. :(
You're in Ontario too? Where? We're in Bowmanville, east of Toronto.

Is it too late to join the fish extender group? We just booked and found out about this, it's our first time cruising with our 8 & 6 year old. Thanks!!!

When's everyone's PAT? We have 11:30-11:45 & our friends are 12-12:15.

We're arriving the day before. Staying at Saratoga Springs. Hopefully going to Morimoto Asia. PAT is 11:15. Staying until sunday. Hopefully will get a round a minature golf in and spend time at disney quest before we leave. Hoping for a Boma breakfast sometime in there! My favorite breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Well this sounds awesome!

Ack! It's so hard to keep this cruise as a Christmas surprise for one member of our 6-adult party... I tried joining the facebook group, but it seems like everything I "like" or post is broadcasted on my activity feed. (I knew there was a reason I've been avoiding facebook....) I guess I'm going to have to keep all my cruise planning chatter to the Dis!

We're also arriving the day before... we were going to stay (DVC) at Saratoga Springs, but ended up changing to the Grand Floridian when we changed our plans to include a day at MK. Our PAT is 12:15 so there's plenty of time to pick up our ration of craft beer and return the rental van before then. :smooth:

Is anyone else planning on catching the fireworks at Disney Hollywood Studios after the cruise? DH and I are booked for the Star Wars dessert party on Jan 30 to cap off the cruise. I was a bit on the fence about it, but I don't think we'll be back in the "World" until late 2017 at the earliest, so we're going all-out for this trip. :darth:

Very jealous of GF! That's a great upgrade! We don't have any park time scheduled, so I'm also envious of a dessert party at DHS!

Yes, we do straight through. My husband does most of it, he's always so excited to get there, that alone keeps him going! Going home is another story. :(

No I live in the U.S. In Ohio, my home though is only about 45min-hr from Windsor.

Is it too late to join the fish extender group? We just booked and found out about this, it's our first time cruising with our 8 & 6 year old. Thanks!!!
:welcome:!!!! I'm not involved with the FE, so I can't answer that for you. I think there was talk on here about a pixie dust group for last minute additions. I think you need to PM @hmwinter85 to find out for sure if that's still an option.

So once again the PM have gotten away from me, but I was able to find some time this morning to respond to all of them. The pixie dust list is filling faster then I thought which is great. Right now there are about 7 cabins. I'm waiting on some info from a few people and then I'll post the updated list here.

Very jealous of GF! That's a great upgrade! We don't have any park time scheduled, so I'm also envious of a dessert party at DHS!

I'm so excited... We are very fortunate to have family who are extremely generous with their DVC points, or we'd never be able to stay at these resorts. :lovestruc

We're from Ontario too! I've done the drive more times than I can count (mostly as the child in the car), but I've never gone straight through. Drive safe!

So we are arriving Thursday, taking the magical express to Art of Animation then playing until we leave for the port on Saturday morning. Question. What is everyone doing for transportation to and from the port? We need to get that arranged, them we are READY!

I'm so excited... We are very fortunate to have family who are extremely generous with their DVC points, or we'd never be able to stay at these resorts. :lovestruc!

Well that's an awesome family member!! Are they looking to adopted an adult???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter