• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy January 23, 2016- STAR WARS

We want to join the an FE Group. WE have 3 rooms. What do we need to do? THanks. We haven't done the FE group before so not sure how to get signed up.
Hi! I'm organizing the fe for this cruise. I'm in Dayton oh this weekend at a disneyana pin trading and collectibles event but when I get home tomorrow night I'll see if I pm you to get you guys signed up or if you can send me a pm with cabin numbers and names and kids ages for each cabin.

We are VERY quiet - is it because it's summer/end of school year?

What do people have for summer plans?
-We're taking it pretty easy. We're going on a long weekend trip to Mackinac City and then, on our 15th anniversary, we're spending the day at Cedar Point. My husband is also going to GenCon in Indy.
-Our autumn is usually busier. We have an annual trip to Atlanta, I go to the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in upstate NY, he has a business trip, then there are the holidays... and suddenly! It's January!

Maybe sneak in a meet-up with hmwinter85?! ;)

We are out of town this weekend at the annual dayton disneyana event. We are big pin traders so it's a weekend we look forward to every year.

I'd love to sneak a meet up with you in.

We want to join the an FE Group. WE have 3 rooms. What do we need to do? THanks. We haven't done the FE group before so not sure how to get signed up.

Hi jasonlaw, you need 6 more posts before I can send you a private message to get your cabins signed up for the FE. I posted a link on page 2 of this thread to a test thread where you can go make a bunch of dummy posts to get to the 10 you need in order to send or receive pms.

We are out of town this weekend at the annual dayton disneyana event. We are big pin traders so it's a weekend we look forward to every year.

I'd love to sneak a meet up with you in.

We'll have to see if we can make it happen!

Are you guys getting the insane rain? We have our second day of flash flood warnings. Downtown Ann Arbor, per the usual, flooded during yesterday's storms.

We'll have to see if we can make it happen!

Are you guys getting the insane rain? We have our second day of flash flood warnings. Downtown Ann Arbor, per the usual, flooded during yesterday's storms.

Yes we are. It's was nuts last night. We were under a flash flood warning but thankfully our neighborhood didn't flood. I know we are suppose to get more storms tonight so we will see if it stays that way.

Yes we are. It's was nuts last night. We were under a flash flood warning but thankfully our neighborhood didn't flood. I know we are suppose to get more storms tonight so we will see if it stays that way.

Yep! The heavy rains and thunderstorms have started here, again.

For better or worse, I'm home sick (the problem with being sick on a sick day is the lack of motivation to do anything), which at least means I don't have to commute in this weather!

Hello All! My family and I are WDW veterans (at least 6 trips in the last 10 years), but we've decided to change it up this year with an adventure on our first cruise (DCL or otherwise). We're super excited about it, but total newbies when it comes to cruising. I'm looking forward to picking all of your brains over the next few months.

Roll Call: nlflores (me) - Nick, DW - Brenda, DD - Abby (15), DD - Lainy (12), and DS - Nico (9)

Hi! I'm organizing the fe for this cruise. I'm in Dayton oh this weekend at a disneyana pin trading and collectibles event but when I get home tomorrow night I'll see if I pm you to get you guys signed up or if you can send me a pm with cabin numbers and names and kids ages for each cabin.

One of my kiddo's favorite activities at WDW is the pin trading. Do the cast members on the cruise do pin trading, or other crusiers? Being out first cruse (DCL or otherwise), any info is welcome. I hope you enjoyed your convention.

One of my kiddo's favorite activities at WDW is the pin trading. Do the cast members on the cruise do pin trading, or other crusiers? Being out first cruse (DCL or otherwise), any info is welcome. I hope you enjoyed your convention.

Welcome! This will be our first Disney cruise, but i have done 7 Carnival cruises so I can probably help on any general cruise questions you have.

I actually spent a long time talking to a women who had just returned from her 8th Disney cruise at the disney convention. She told me to bring lots of pins for trading. There is an officer pin trading event on evening, and pin trading boards in the stores from what she told me. She said she was able to complete several hidden mickey pin sets from trading on the cruise.

Hello All! My family and I are WDW veterans (at least 6 trips in the last 10 years), but we've decided to change it up this year with an adventure on our first cruise (DCL or otherwise). We're super excited about it, but total newbies when it comes to cruising. I'm looking forward to picking all of your brains over the next few months.

Roll Call: nlflores (me) - Nick, DW - Brenda, DD - Abby (15), DD - Lainy (12), and DS - Nico (9)

Welcome! We're all here to help out!

This is our second trip on the Fantasy and our third with Disney, so while I can't answer kid-activity questions, I'm happy to help out!

+++

In other news 2016 hotels are being released tomorrow - my TA already knows what I'm looking for for hotel space for us and radiantmeg. :)

Welcome! We're all here to help out!

This is our second trip on the Fantasy and our third with Disney, so while I can't answer kid-activity questions, I'm happy to help out!

+++

In other news 2016 hotels are being released tomorrow - my TA already knows what I'm looking for for hotel space for us and radiantmeg. :)

Thanks for the response. We're from San Antonio, TX. BTW - what does it mean that "2016 hotels are being released tomorrow"? Hotels for what? My family and I are flying in Friday evening and staying at a Marriott property in Cocoa Beach. It appeared to be closest to Port Canaveral and we want to get to the terminal and board as early as possible. Is this a good idea? Thanks.

Thanks for the response. We're from San Antonio, TX. BTW - what does it mean that "2016 hotels are being released tomorrow"? Hotels for what? My family and I are flying in Friday evening and staying at a Marriott property in Cocoa Beach. It appeared to be closest to Port Canaveral and we want to get to the terminal and board as early as possible. Is this a good idea? Thanks.

If you're staying on Disney property, the 2016 rates are being released tomorrow.

Disney does things different than most cruise lines. When it comes time for your online check-in, which I believe is 75 days for first time cruisers, you will then be able to select your excursions, any specialty (adult) dining, and your Port Arrival Time (PAT). This time is when you will be allowed in the building and will affect your boarding number. Unless you have a concierge room, as a first time cruiser, there is no reason to get there at 10:30, as you probably won't be allowed in the building. Boarding usually starts around 11:15, so, until then, the terminal just gets more and more crowded with all of us eager to start your trip.

The short version: there's no reason to get there super early, you may not even be allowed in that early, and you have to wait until... mid-November? before you'll even know.

If you're staying on Disney property, the 2016 rates are being released tomorrow.

Disney does things different than most cruise lines. When it comes time for your online check-in, which I believe is 75 days for first time cruisers, you will then be able to select your excursions, any specialty (adult) dining, and your Port Arrival Time (PAT). This time is when you will be allowed in the building and will affect your boarding number. Unless you have a concierge room, as a first time cruiser, there is no reason to get there at 10:30, as you probably won't be allowed in the building. Boarding usually starts around 11:15, so, until then, the terminal just gets more and more crowded with all of us eager to start your trip.

The short version: there's no reason to get there super early, you may not even be allowed in that early, and you have to wait until... mid-November? before you'll even know.

Thanks again for all the great info. Unfortunately, we booked rather late and there were no concierge staterooms left, but I'm on the waiting list hoping for a cancellation. Looking forward to being a silver cruiser next time to at least up the pre-registration stuff to 90 days.

Thanks again for all the great info. Unfortunately, we booked rather late and there were no concierge staterooms left, but I'm on the waiting list hoping for a cancellation. Looking forward to being a silver cruiser next time to at least up the pre-registration stuff to 90 days.

It's hard to go wrong, regardless of which stateroom category you are in!
1. Disney
2. CRUISE!
3. Not winter

Hahaha.

Hello Everyone! This will be our 4th Disney cruise and 2nd time doing the FE--we did it last June on our Mediterranean cruise and the kids loved it. Is this where we sign up? I am surprising my DH with the cruise for his birthday (he and my son love star wars--well they love superhero the most, but star wars is also a favorite!) and I haven't told the kids yet either. It is my husband Darren, Holly (myself), Aubreigh (7) and Michael (5). That drink passport sounds so fun!

Hello Everyone! This will be our 4th Disney cruise and 2nd time doing the FE--we did it last June on our Mediterranean cruise and the kids loved it. Is this where we sign up? I am surprising my DH with the cruise for his birthday (he and my son love star wars--well they love superhero the most, but star wars is also a favorite!) and I haven't told the kids yet either. It is my husband Darren, Holly (myself), Aubreigh (7) and Michael (5). That drink passport sounds so fun!

Hi welcome to the thread. It's so exciting that you are surprising your family with this cruise. I think it would be so fun to do that when DS gets a little older, but I'm awful when it comes to surprises so I'd probably blow it, lol.

If you want to be added to the FE list can you please send me a PM with your cabin number, everyone's names, and the ages of the kids at the time of sailing? I have a running list of everyone who is signed up on page 2 (post #31) of this thread, but we are dividing the groups up into 15 cabins. Once the second group is full I'll post a .pdf of that groups info on that post as well.

One of the down sides of summer (and the upsides!) - the weather! We had a 1:30am tornado warning Monday night/Tuesday morning. My husband and I had expected it, but nothing like constant lightening, thunder, emergency alerts, tornado sirens and power outages to keep one awake. My office was full of very VERY tired people yesterday.

I'm just about to give my TA our new credit card number to book our room, pre-cruise. Then, if I wanted, I could book transportation to Port Canaveral... but it seems a little bit early right now. Sadly. It's a good thing @radiantmeg and her husband are laid back, since I'm doing all the planning right now and just telling them where and when to turn up! ;)

One of the down sides of summer (and the upsides!) - the weather! We had a 1:30am tornado warning Monday night/Tuesday morning. My husband and I had expected it, but nothing like constant lightening, thunder, emergency alerts, tornado sirens and power outages to keep one awake. My office was full of very VERY tired people yesterday.

I'm just about to give my TA our new credit card number to book our room, pre-cruise. Then, if I wanted, I could book transportation to Port Canaveral... but it seems a little bit early right now. Sadly. It's a good thing @radiantmeg and her husband are laid back, since I'm doing all the planning right now and just telling them where and when to turn up! ;)

That storm was crazy. We are further south so we just had a tornado watch and sever thunderstorm warning. I usually sleep great when it storms but that night had me wide awake and on edge. I'm not sure how I manged to function the next day at work, lol. Glad you are ok, I heard there were 3 confirmed tornadoes that touched down north of us that night.

That storm was crazy. We are further south so we just had a tornado watch and sever thunderstorm warning. I usually sleep great when it storms but that night had me wide awake and on edge. I'm not sure how I manged to function the next day at work, lol. Glad you are ok, I heard there were 3 confirmed tornadoes that touched down north of us that night.

Last I heard, we were up to 5! More than enough, thanks. I ducked home before the first storm hit and I'm glad. Here in Ann Arbor, it's like everyone loses their mind when we have weather and they are behind the wheel.

Our pre-cruise hotel is all booked! Next things are booking the shuttle/limo and paying for the cruise. :)

Is anyone doing anything fun for July 4? My inlaws are coming to town (take that as you will).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter