Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night May 4-11, 2013 - Review and Lessons Learned

:worship:
We celebrated our 15 year anniversary on the Disney Fantasy May11th-18th, 2013. I had no idea that the cruise line was also celebrating its 15 years in business. It was an amazing trip, one we will cherish for a lifetime. With so much great footage of the trip I needed to find my inspiration shots. So, this is a small compilation of the trip with some great highlights. Hope you enjoy it, and look out for the Full version of the trip which also includes a day at Magic Kingdom. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2KO14BIDJo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVUp1sq6Bw-BP1CS5UX8WVg

I hope it brought back some great memories of your own or some to look forward to.

OMG!!! OMG!! tHIS IS SUCH A PHENOMENAL VIDEO!!!!! You are obviously in the movie undustry! Such great composition!, Focus, shot sequencing!!!

Come to Massachusetts and bring your skills for our burgeoning film industry!!!! .... just ignore the snow.... :p

This was so great!!! I loved it!! You have inspired me to try to get a great film next cruise!!!

Really, everyone, you have to watch this!!! It blows away any DCL film or marketing material!!!

Your family is so beautiful!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

I am so glad I popped over here and caught this!!! YOu really should post this separately!

Bravo!!!! :worship:

Once, again, I'm the wonderful wife of the author of this review :) Seriously, sounds like we're horrible parents doesn't it?! But it's the truth, it happened three times! No, we weren't inside napping while the kids were playing outside unsupervised, we were actually watching them the whole time since we were nervous about being in a verandah room with two young kids (see above on how we booked an outside room not a verandah in the first place!). The first time we were all outside and gave the long talk about no one standing on the furniture etc, and all the safetly rules, then I was watching them while I stepped just inside the door to grab my camera off the desk when my husband stepped back out while I got the camera and panicked because our baby was missing! While we were watching the railing like a hawk to make sure the kids weren't climbing up, my husband and I had failed to notice that the divider between balconies does not go all the way to the ground! It's only a few inches high, but perfect for a squirmy fifteen month old to slip under. The second time was even crazier because I was right next to her on the balcony and my son asked a question, i turned to answer him and that stinker of a baby dropped to the ground right next to me and speed-scooted under the divider! I saw it happen, but by the time I dropped down to grab her little arm and stop her she'd already made it under. After that we didn't let her out unless one of us was holding her. The third time happened towards the end of the cruise and where we relaxed a little and let her run around, while being watched of course, and it was another "in the blink of an eye" moment where she did her now famous drop down and scoot trick and luckily someone was out next door and grabbed her right away so we didn't have to bribe her back. After that she was completely barred from the balcony :) And to think, we were so much more worried about our four year old boy pushing a chair to the railing and leaning over and it was our sneaky wiggle worm that was our trouble maker!

:blush::blush:

Babies are fast little things, aren't they :rotfl: As a mom of an *extremely* fast scooting 10-month-old, I can totally see how this would happen at least 3 times. Thankfully we're on an end room with my parents next door in two weeks :-)cheer2:) so she'll have a whole other balcony to get across before she escapes.

Thank you all for the positive feedback. It's been six months since our first Disney cruise and we're still remembering it fondly. We're looking forward to our next one. Our family was so impressed with the fun time that we had that the next cruise may have a bunch more folks along. That would be awesome, but I think we'll have to start setting expectations early that we don't all have to do everything together. Pick a few big family activities and plan around them.

Thanks again!

I do wish they would have the Oceaneer Club staff come and round up kids in the first seating like they do in the second seating.

If this helps anyone, when we had first seating, we had the servers bring our kids' meals as they were ready, and not with ours. They usually were finishing up their dessert as we finished our main, and one of us would run the kids to the club while the other ordered coffee/dessert. We would get to enjoy part of the meal quietly!

One of my favorite trip reports. Love the "lesson learned" portion. Your report was very to the point and did not ramble which kept my interest through the entire report. I've actually read quite a few and learned some new tips from yours. Thanks!!

Thank you for taking the time to write a TR-we sail in June-Loved your "Lesson Learned" format!

Great review. Loved the format. Thanks for putting so much effort in for everyone else's benefit!

Great trip report! We can't wait to celebrate our 20th on the Fantasy.

Also great video by TheAussieinLA.

We celebrated our 15 year anniversary on the Disney Fantasy May11th-18th, 2013. I had no idea that the cruise line was also celebrating its 15 years in business. It was an amazing trip, one we will cherish for a lifetime. With so much great footage of the trip I needed to find my inspiration shots. So, this is a small compilation of the trip with some great highlights. Hope you enjoy it, and look out for the Full version of the trip which also includes a day at Magic Kingdom. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2KO14BIDJo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVUp1sq6Bw-BP1CS5UX8WVg

I hope it brought back some great memories of your own or some to look forward to.

WOW! :worship:

Amazing video and what an incredibly special keepsake. :cool1:

I have to ask - how did you get all those great shots on CC with no one else around?

To the OP - thank you so much for your report. We'll be on the Fantasy for our 25th anniversary on June 14. Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter