Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night May 4-11, 2013 - Review and Lessons Learned

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. We will be traveling next May with a 5 year old and 1 year old so similar to your kids ages.

fotogenieguy said:
My family and friends are sailing on the Sept 14th trip. Which will you be sailing?

I think we are on the October 1st sailing. There is a good chance that we will reschedule to 2015 when my daughter is hopefully potty trained and can go to the Oceaneer Club.

Hello we will be sailing in August. If you upgraded at the port did you have any trouble with people from your FE group finding you? We may try to upgrade at port and I don't want to miss out as so much work goes into out gifts.

trajon4 said:
Hello we will be sailing in August. If you upgraded at the port did you have any trouble with people from your FE group finding you? We may try to upgrade at port and I don't want to miss out as so much work goes into out gifts.

Good point. We had a meetup on the first day where we spread the word. The coordinator of our group also posted the whole list along with any changes ( there are a couple) on their door. We did have a couple late arrivals that caught up with us on the last day. If I did it again, I would drop a note to each room as we delivered our FE gifts.

We will be sailing 8/30-9/6/2013 on the Disney fantasy/carribean and Bahamas cruise! First time on a cruise and I'm super excited:) it me and my husband , 16 yr old son, 12 yr old son and my 5 ur old daughter... Who else will be on that cruise?

Good point. We had a meetup on the first day where we spread the word. The coordinator of our group also posted the whole list along with any changes ( there are a couple) on their door. We did have a couple late arrivals that caught up with us on the last day. If I did it again, I would drop a note to each room as we delivered our FE gifts.

Wonderful..thank you

Loved your entire trip report. But as a huge LOST fan, why would I feel like I walked into the Dharma initiative on CC? I don't get it.:confused3

cleophus12 said:
Loved your entire trip report. But as a huge LOST fan, why would I feel like I walked into the Dharma initiative on CC? I don't get it.:confused3

I guess I was thinking of that flashback episode where Ben first goes to the island as a kid. The idealistic 70s era. It's a small island. Lots of low buildings with a simple/rustic appearance. There's a watch tower and an airstrip. Could be just me. If you go, let me know what you think.

We celebrated our 15 year anniversary on the Disney Fantasy May11th-18th, 2013. I had no idea that the cruise line was also celebrating its 15 years in business. It was an amazing trip, one we will cherish for a lifetime. With so much great footage of the trip I needed to find my inspiration shots. So, this is a small compilation of the trip with some great highlights. Hope you enjoy it, and look out for the Full version of the trip which also includes a day at Magic Kingdom. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2KO14BIDJo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVUp1sq6Bw-BP1CS5UX8WVg

I hope it brought back some great memories of your own or some to look forward to.

looking forward to reading your report - we're doing this cruise in Jan!
I've read the first part and it's terrific! love the helpful practical tips.

We celebrated our 15 year anniversary on the Disney Fantasy May11th-18th, 2013. I had no idea that the cruise line was also celebrating its 15 years in business. It was an amazing trip, one we will cherish for a lifetime. With so much great footage of the trip I needed to find my inspiration shots. So, this is a small compilation of the trip with some great highlights. Hope you enjoy it, and look out for the Full version of the trip which also includes a day at Magic Kingdom. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2KO14BIDJo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVUp1sq6Bw-BP1CS5UX8WVg

I hope it brought back some great memories of your own or some to look forward to.

That was an amazing anniversary keepsake. Congrats!

Thanks for all of the uselful information about the Disney Fantasy ship as I start to plan for our upcomming trip in July!

THANK YOU for this trippie!!!! :cheer2:

I'm scouring the DIS for TRs involving kids that are a year old. DH and I cruised the Med in 2011 on the Magic and now we're going back to the Fantasy in December with a 13 month old!! We took him to WDW in April when he was 6 months old but I'm thinking that the logistics may be a little... different now! Your insight was most appreciated!! :)

I'm still hesitating about whether or not to buy an umbrella stroller for our trip. We have a Britax B-Agile so it's quite maneuverable and doesn't take up much room at all when it's folded (quick to fold too). Hmmmm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter