• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

Is it too late to join the FE? I couldn't find any other FE groups for this cruise...

And because this is a DVC cruise, could I make a suggestion to add the cabin's join year? I'd love to personalize gifts with the year they joined. (Just throwing that out there!)
Welcome to the Disboards, and welcome to the thread!

Wanted to introduce myself since you'll be sailing with me. :)

My name is Amy and my husband, daughter and I will be traveling from NJ. We have 3 Disney cruises under our belt, this DVC cruise will be our first gold status trip (after the EBTA in May).

We were just on that trip as well! We loved the Magic on the 2015 WBTA, but not so much on this sailing. It just seemed so crowded all of the time.

Just back from the Magic NYC to San Juan. A great cruise on my least favorite Dis ship (too small-very crowded)! Oh...and someone stole one of the gifts out of our Fish Extender. Really NOT happy about that!!

So we are in for the Candy Exchange. Do I need to give names? I assume you give candy for everyone in the stateroom? Will there be multiple groups if there are many families wanting to join?

What is the postcard exchange? That is probably something we'd like to do as well.

Thank you! We still haven't decided whether we will stay past Labor Day...we love those empty park days so much but really hate missing the first day of school for our daughter (who will be 6).
:welcome:

Contine to post and join in the fun!

Will you be staying at WDW pre/post cruise?

Another introduction piece: we just joined DVC last year (home resort Poly) while sailing on the WBTA. Best decision we ever made!

Another introduction piece: we just joined DVC last year (home resort Poly) while sailing on the WBTA. Best decision we ever made!

How do you like the Poly? We have yet to stay there but I'm always checking availability. I love the look of the Bungalows, except for the seeming lack of privacy. Everybody has a zoom lens these days.

Poly is WONDERFUL! It's the largest studios in DVC (two bathrooms!) so it's perfect for our family of three. And it's so convenient to monorail/transportation center. BLT is still my favorite but Poly ranks second.

The bungalows are lovely but I don't ever envision us staying there. Too many points!

How do you like the Poly? We have yet to stay there but I'm always checking availability. I love the look of the Bungalows, except for the seeming lack of privacy. Everybody has a zoom lens these days.

Is anyone arranging an "open bar" event? On our San Juan repositioning cruise last week, I did both mixology and open bar. Mixology was fun, but open bar was even better :)

Rumor has it that DCL is only allowing mixology events during port days, not sea days.

:welcome:
Wanted to introduce myself since you'll be sailing with me. :)

My name is Amy and my husband, daughter and I will be traveling from NJ. We have 3 Disney cruises under our belt, this DVC cruise will be our first gold status trip (after the EBTA in May).

We're on the EBTA in May, too!

By August, we hope to have our Ohio house sold, & we can say we're traveling from NJ too!

We will be celebrating our 49 wedding anniversary on the EBTA!

Bobbi

An early CONGRATULATIONS!

Where in NJ will you be moving to? We are in Mercer County.
Oh my! We began our marriage in Hamilton township! I taught math at Hamilton High West until our son was born in 1974!

We bought a home in Cape May in 1998, and that's the home we are moving to!

With F&W beginning on August 31, I think we'll stay a few days and get in a cooking demo. Anyone else?

Friendly Reminder to everyone =

:fish::fish::fish:COME JOIN OUR FE GROUP:fish::fish::fish:

PARTICIPANTS: *note* if you do not see your name listed and expressed interest in participating, remember you must have 10 posts on the disboards to unlock your inbox and receive the FE List.

Poison Ivy and Johnny Quest
Kel-C_D27
Disneylovers - Cabin 1 (participating separately)
Disneylovers - Cabin 2 (participating separately)
Shananana
mom4mad
LouiseG
Karen924 - (awaiting final confirmation - needs 10 posts)
Teke3
Bach's mom
Vivica
luckyeight

Fish Extenders - CLICK HERE FOR FE Basic Information

Click Here for Fish Extender (FE) Photos:

More PHOTOS from the DVC ALASKAN MEMBER CRUISE: FE gifts here

NEW SIGNUPS: ALL ARE WELCOME! IF YOU'D LIKE TO JOIN, JUST LET US KNOW HERE ON THE DIS.
I WILL CIRCULATE A DETAILED LIST VIA PM TO OUR GROUP ONLY.

NOTE: In order to participate in the FE, you must have a minimum reply count of 10 posts here on the Disboards. The list will only be circulated via "Private Conversation" sent to your inbox on the Dis. which can only be accessed after you reach 10 posts.

I've created a thread here on the test board to help get started. http://www.disboards.com/threads/fantasy-dvc-cruise-testing-board.3543324/

Otherwise, you can simply post here on our cruisemeet thread or anywhere on the disboards.

Once your post count reaches 10, simply click on my name "poison ivy" under my avatar and "start a conversation"

SEND ME THE FOLLOWING INFO:
WHO IS IN YOUR GROUP
AGES OF ANYONE UNDER 18
Cabin # -
ANY CELEBRATIONS (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
ANY Allergies/SPECIAL REQUESTS
Favorite Characters

Candy Exchange interest... so far....
KashasMom
Karen924
bobbiwoz
pekollie

Just repeating some things here:
Since we have sea days, would anyone be interested in organizing Mixology or other beverage tastings for the group?

Someone mentioned Post card exchange. Would this be before the cruise, say in June, to just connect with others on the group? Is anyone interested in doing that?

We will meet the night before at Bay Lake's Top of the World Lounge. If you are staying on site anywhere, plan to join us!

Bobbi

I believe this makes you a gold member. A few additional perks and a gold colored lanyard but that is about it...smjj
I think the gold/platinum merchandise perk is better because you do not have to spend $50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter