Fantasmic! Viewing Area Locations

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I really dislike this whole fastpass system for shows. We all got along just fine back in the day parking ourselves in a spot 30+ minutes before a show. As a family who can't afford to buy into a dining plan, I find it frustrating that those who pay (on TOP of regular admission fees) get the best spots. I'm not sure what we'll do for our trip in a couple weeks. Hopefully just try to view from far away I guess...
I am not necessarily a fan of the FP for shows, but I do not remember a time where you could get to F! 30 minutes before and have a decent spot with small children. When ours were small we spent 2+ hours to get a decent spot.

For late shows you can make 45 minutes work, but the little ones are asleep by then usually.

:wizard:

We saw Fantasmic with a yellow FP (pulled within 20 minutes or so of park opening) and had the best view I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. We showed up and got in the proper line about an hour before the show started and managed to snag a spot on the far left of our zone (I do believe we were sitting in what is indicated as RBT zone on the maps), one row of people back from the fence. The family in front of us was even kind enough to scoot over a bit so my daughter could sit with their girls during the show. We were able to sit while waiting and during the show which was great after a long day of walking.

The Fantasmic passes are not connected to the rest of the parks systems, so you can snag one early in the morning and still get passes for whatever meets your fancy right away. I actually think it's great that if someone is making a once in a lifetime trip they can save up and combine a memorable dinner with a guaranteed spot to get a great view. Seems this is more likely to prevent frequent visitors from claiming the best spots due to lack of need to do other things in the afternoon and early evening. If you get your fastpass early in the day and show up to get in line early, the non-paying spots are pretty great too. Personally, I love this new system. Just my two cents.

DD3 and I did River Belle this past Monday night and were directed to the purple section in the most recent map above (labeled there as BB). I think the Brown section was just regular fastpass (I don't know what kind) and was larger- I'd say the purple section was only 1/2 to 2/3rds the size of what's shown above. The Black section on the map above was the BB section.

I don't know if maybe the areas change? Monday night show in slow season and there weren't very many people in either dining section. We didn't get there until 7:15 (7:30 show..in theory...it started 15 min late) and still had a spot on the riverfront basically dead center.

Since everyone is sitting down in the front area, does the fence around the water get in the way of your viewing? Or are you looking above the fence when viewing? For the prime area. We have reservations with BB and hoping for a fabulous view.

Since everyone is sitting down in the front area, does the fence around the water get in the way of your viewing? Or are you looking above the fence when viewing? For the prime area. We have reservations with BB and hoping for a fabulous view.

We were not in the prime area, but right up against the fence. The fence really didn't impact our views as everything is tall enough to be seen in the back. It really wasn't a distraction at all.

I am not necessarily a fan of the FP for shows, but I do not remember a time where you could get to F! 30 minutes before and have a decent spot with small children. When ours were small we spent 2+ hours to get a decent spot.

For late shows you can make 45 minutes work, but the little ones are asleep by then usually.

:wizard:

Really? We've generally had no problem! But we ALWAYS go off season...

Where do you pull a fast pass for F!?

And would there be any left around mid afternoon on a Sunday?

The FP distribution location is on Big Thunder Trail, fairly near to the entrance to Big Thunder Ranch on the Frontierland side of the trail. They do have signs up helping guests find the FP distribution location.

In terms of timing, it's going to depend on how many shows there are on a given night and when you are going.

Does anyone know if the fastpass viewing areas are different with just a regular FP vs the Aladdin on the go dining? And where do you eat the food? Is there a special seating area? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the fastpass viewing areas are different with just a regular FP vs the Aladdin on the go dining? And where do you eat the food? Is there a special seating area? Thanks!
The Aladdin On-the-Go dining package comes with a blue or yellow FP (CMs gave differing information - but it's one of those two color groups). The show you get the FP for, depends on the time of your reservation/meal. You will be viewing the show from the same viewing areas as the guests that got the FPs from the machines during the day - there is no exclusive viewing area for Aladdin On-the-Go dining packages. There are tables set up in the Aladdin's Oasis area to dine at or you can take your meal with you and dine elsewhere if you'd like.

Thanks for all the helpful information! Where is the closest stroller parking or do you take strollers in with you?

The FP distribution location is on Big Thunder Trail, fairly near to the entrance to Big Thunder Ranch on the Frontierland side of the trail. They do have signs up helping guests find the FP distribution location.

In terms of timing, it's going to depend on how many shows there are on a given night and when you are going.

Sunday May 3 is our arrival, trying to decide whether or not to get a ticket for that day (looks like 12 am close and 9pm and 10:45 shows) but we wouldn't be in the park till sometime in the afternoon.

The Aladdin On-the-Go dining package comes with a blue or yellow FP (CMs gave differing information - but it's one of those two color groups). The show you get the FP for, depends on the time of your reservation/meal. You will be viewing the show from the same viewing areas as the guests that got the FPs from the machines during the day - there is no exclusive viewing area for Aladdin On-the-Go dining packages. There are tables set up in the Aladdin's Oasis area to dine at or you can take your meal with you and dine elsewhere if you'd like.

Thanks so much!

Thanks for all the helpful information! Where is the closest stroller parking or do you take strollers in with you?

We had the river belle terrace dining package and sat in the "2nd row" --basically behind the first row of people who were right in front of the fence. It was a great view, no obstruction from the fence itself. I had read somewhere to bring a blanket and so I brought a blanket for us to sit on, saved our bottoms from the cold cement :-). We did get a bit wet, but LO didn't care and absolutely loved it!

I think the CMs at river belle terrace let us leave our stroller right by the restaurant as they said the usual stroller parking outside the brick would be moved once the crowds started and it would be more difficult to find your stroller if it got moved.

We have always just winged it, watching the second Fantasmic show and arriving 15-20 minutes before it started. How is FP changing availability for the second show? Can you still find a spot easily and is it only in the "no fastpass" area? I'm just wondering, if it isn't crowded for the second show, would they allow non-fastpass holders to fill in elsewhere on the map.

I for the first time ever tried to see F! What a disaster... I have been to DL a lot. I usually just ride the rides during this time. We got the FP and got the blue group. The FP said to return between 8pm-9pm. I was unsure of how this all worked and went to the area and asked a CM and was advised to keep walking until I saw CM with blue lights. Which it turned out was the area closer to where Haunted Mansion is. We arrived about 15 mins before 8pm and waited near where they would be opening it. As we were waiting we were informed that they would not be opening up the area until 8:15... kinda annoyed but whatever... until I saw the viewing area filling up. Apparently if you enter over where the docks are by the entrance to Big Thunder they let you in at 8pm. No clue why they do it this way. So we waited as there was no way with the traffic around that area we would make it over to the dock and in any quicker. We asked and were told we could sit/stand on half of the stairs. I am short so I thought this would be a good idea to be at the top of the stairs for the best chance to see. In theory that would have worked but, I just lucked out that I had a ton of people in front of me with kids on their shoulders(totally understandable why the kids were up there) just annoying for me who had no shoulder to sit on ;) I ended up not being able to see much of anything... my sons who are taller than me said it was great show.

Hi Guys, we are going to be in DL for five days in May. I was thinking about doing a dining package to see the show as my last attempt at getting a viewing spot was pretty miserable. I know there is a Blue Bayou and a River Belle package. Are there any pros and cons of either package? Do they have special prices for kids? (3yo and 5yo). Thanks!

The Disneyland.com website has some information that should be helpful. If you expand the "Distinctive Dining, Electrifying Entertainment" sub-section, it has the prices for each of the packages.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

The biggest differences between the two packages are the price (BB is more expensive than the RBT) and the viewing location. The BB viewing area is located front and center, with guaranteed ground seating (hence the seat cushion that comes with the dining package). The RBT viewing area is located adjacent to the BB viewing area (so it has an excellent view) and should be ground siting as well, but they don't guarantee it so there is the possibility that you would have to stand.

So we are coming for the 24 hr on 5/22. I've never seen Fantasmic, and the group I'm with wants to give it a go. We reserved Aladdin grab and gos for the 2nd show (starts at 10:45). Reading through this thread I'm worried we are going to have to stand. Do they really not let people sit on the ground for this? We are trying to do the entire 24 hours in the parks, and we are going to conserve our energy as much as possible! lol

Also, for a 10:45 start time, when do they open the fastpass section?

Thanks in advance.

We did the BB F! dinner in Feb and managed to get a spot right at the very front of the viewing area, just behind the fence. Since you sit for the entire show, the fence does get in the way a bit but the show was still enjoyable. The BB viewing area is dead center, if only they would put chairs there it would be perfect!

So we are coming for the 24 hr on 5/22. I've never seen Fantasmic, and the group I'm with wants to give it a go. We reserved Aladdin grab and gos for the 2nd show (starts at 10:45). Reading through this thread I'm worried we are going to have to stand. Do they really not let people sit on the ground for this? We are trying to do the entire 24 hours in the parks, and we are going to conserve our energy as much as possible! lol
Only the guests with the Blue Bayou dining package are guaranteed ground seating for the show. For all others guests, it's a bit more hit-or-miss/luck of the draw. RBT guests are the next most likely to have ground seating because their viewing area is adjacent to the Blue Bayou viewing area. Basically, if the viewing areas located on the lower level, up against the water, there is chance that you'll be able to watch the show while seated. Any of the areas further back are generally standing room only (although guests sit down while waiting, they do have CMs asking everyone to stand up periodically to allow more folks into the viewing area). They do not fill the viewing areas in any set order and they generally do not allow guests to select which area they want (within their FP color grouping), so it's luck of the draw if you'll be near the water or further away.

Also, for a 10:45 start time, when do they open the fastpass section?
Most of the FP viewing areas tend to start letting guests in around an hour before the show. The time will be printed on your FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter