Family's First Trip to WDW. SAD NEWS AGAIN!!!

I hope you aked for this :confused3 lol anyway: The link for the tshirts are: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2040650 look under graduation this lady is so great she made thoes for me! you can have her customize them, or mabey shell creat you your own. the desisng board have so great!

Have you decided whether you are doing the dining plan?

Yes I did want to ask about that. Sorry I am at work and my thoughts get me carried away lol :rotfl2: I think of something but sometimes my fingers are not as fast as my mind.

We are going to do the dining plan I went on my trip in Feb. and I had dinner reservations but I didn't make them on time so I got what ever was left for those days. That is why I am trying to organize myself alittle more and may be start a pre trip report for my first time too.

I am probably going to go next yr in March for Spring Break or in May after her graduation.

my favorite meals we did with the dinning plan were cheft mickey and i absolutly LOVE the hoopty doo review and if you guys are not super sensitive to some pickin' on i would ddeffinitly try th 50's prime time cafe its so much fun!

my favorite meals we did with the dinning plan were cheft mickey and i absolutly LOVE the hoopty doo review and if you guys are not super sensitive to some pickin' on i would ddeffinitly try th 50's prime time cafe its so much fun!

I tried the 50's prime cafe the ppl there are so funny. :rotfl2:

Hi, I stayed at the Beach Club and it was amazing. It's a little pricy so if you are not looking for that then sorry! But the pool is AMAZING. Sand bottom! Huge water Slide! Lazy River! It's so cool! And you walk right into Epcot. For dinner and stuff, I really recommend Tepan Edo in Japan in Epcot. It was so good! Also, I reallly loved Cape May (in the beach club) for breakfast and dinner! I just liked the dinner because they had AMAZING mussels! So good! I hope this helped!

Katie

Yes it does I have to talk it over with my family I am the planner but I want to make sure everyone is in the same page when it comes down to the dinners and resorts. My mom says am too crazy and that I just want to waste money she loves disney but she tells me if you just want to get rid of the money give it to me to lower down the house rent. I think its funny because I just want to have a family vacation. When we were little we didnt get to spend a lot of time together and now that everyone works; we can have the opportunity. I went to Disney by myself and now that I kind of got the feel for it I want them to join me in the next adventure.

I took my mom to her first vacation In sept. 2008 I took her to Cancun she had a great time except one little detail that it was just me and mom. My other brothers and sister could not go and then with hurricane IKE in houston she was more overwhelmed. She loved every minute of our vacation except she kept on thinking of everyone here in houston and the bills and the storm.. She kept putting obstacles for her to not actually enjoy her self who can blame her she is a first class mom and never been really apart from her kids in yrs.

My older brother 25 father of a 7yr boy and 1yr girl me 22 brother 20 sister 17. We are pretty much all grown up but in her eyes we are just tiny kids even the one with kids:rotfl2:. Hope you understand.

I am really trying to make this trip an unforgettable trip ever where my family had a great time and really enjoyed them selves I am just trying to make everyone's dream come true in Disney. :hug::cloud9::lovestruc

When can I book a March trip?

Now.
You can book wayyyy in advance!
Where are you guys going to stay?
If you need any help on restaurants, I'm your girl!
I've eaten at about every one of them!

I've tried to book a package for March and its not available. My mom doesn't want to spend too much money. She rather stay at POP or All star movies - sports - or music. I want to add the park tickets dining and the Magic Express bus.

Restaurant oh please do help I wanted to do at least two character meals and the rest well I don't know I have eaten at Nine Tails for dinner in Epcot Tony's for Lunch in Magic Kingdom 50's prime for Dinner in Hollywood studios and Tusker's House for Lunch in Animal Kingdom. No character meals :sad1.

I think we are going to stay for March 13th through the 20th or 21st 7 full days :cool1: :dance3. Mom wants to have a free day where she can explore outside the park go to Boardwalk Downtown Disney maybe other resorts. She likes to explore she loves scenary flowers and stuff like that. If dad goes he probably would want to go fishing or something. My sis is in love with Mickey so I wanted her to probably get a character meal and mom loves Snow White and I well I have two favorite couples Mickey & Minnie and Cinderella and Prince Charmin. :cloud9: My bro likes the rides and shows.

I know so many different activities 7 days dont sound like enough time :rotfl2:. I also wanted to go to Sea world or Discovery Cove Aquatica maybe. I dont know yet.

You can see why I have a hard time trying to figure out the activities for my family. :rotfl:

I dont know what else I should be asking:confused3

Uh I do want to create a special little gift basket for my sis. So far I have ideas I was thinking about buying a mickey sorceror plush and the hat so she can put on with maybe an autograph book. My sister is stuck with Fantasmic since I brought pictures and a video from when I went. I also started creating a scrapbook/ planner for her. I did buy one for mom hers is going to be about the Flower & Garden Festival. My bro and dad well they are not into that so I'm not even going to try.

Aaight. I'm here!!!!!!

I'll try to help with any questions you have... although I've only been to Disney 3 times. I don't know it all!:rotfl: I will re-read through your thread to see if there are any specific questions you might have that weren't answered.:goodvibes

There are a lot of fun character meals. I've only been to Cape May which is in the Beach Club. The only character meal they have is breakfast. And the characters they have are Minnie, Goofy, Chip, and Dale. There they are all dressed in beach clothes.
!

Chip and Dale are no longer there. It'sDonald now.
Also Pooh is at 1900 PF for breakfast.

lol
This is my plan we will go in March of 2010 it will be to celebrate her graduation but it will also serve for my mom's purpose you see I kind of showed her the Flower and Garden festival pics from epcot and she went crazy:rotfl: she loves flowers and gardens. So it runs from middle of March through the end of May. So it will be my moms and sisters first time so I would want to fit both of their interest.

I would aim for the second week of March. most of the flowers will be out and ready to look at. The crowds should be less. I'm not sure when easter is, but I wouldn't go anytime with in 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. Crowds will be insane.

I've only stayed at Pop, but it is very affordable. And you can see fireworks if you walk to the back side of the 50's buldings . Epcot and MK's. Then you have more money to do other things.

Something special would be to to the keys to the kingdom tour with your sister, but there is alot of walking with it. Also the segway tours are supposed to be really cool.
I suggest getting a book like the unoffical guideor passporters to learn all there is. The unofficaly guides goes on and on about there touring plans, but thats not for me, so I would block that part out of my brain and just read about the different activities. We can have a plan like a touring plan, when we never know for sure what time my little one will wake up. But it still gives alot of valuable info.

Thanks Jenseib :hug: we will be going in the end of the second week I think we are going to be in a crowded place:crowded: but we will manage The Keys to The Kingdom sounds great I will see about the pricing and the walk. Money for other things :rolleyes::idea: sounds great. Maybe I wont tell mom :rolleyes1 so she won't think negative about it. She says Disney is alot of money.

Aaight. I'm here!!!!!!

I'll try to help with any questions you have... although I've only been to Disney 3 times. I don't know it all!:rotfl: I will re-read through your thread to see if there are any specific questions you might have that weren't answered.:goodvibes

Thanks anything will be helpful. I am thinking of starting a PTR for this trip I just want to get more ideas and actually come up with a plan before anything happens.

I would aim for the second week of March. most of the flowers will be out and ready to look at. The crowds should be less. I'm not sure when easter is, but I wouldn't go anytime with in 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. Crowds will be insane.

I second this. We've been to Disney the last 2 years the first week in March. While this year was busier than last year, it still wasn't bad. They are just starting to get ready for the festival during the 1st week. I can imagine that by the end of the 2nd week most of the flowers would be out. We were also in Disney this past October 19-24 and it was REALLY busy. We are thinking about the 2nd week in March next year as well. :goodvibes

Last year the first week of March was the ultimate. the slowest it's ever been for me when I have gone. LOL! I think becuase of when Easter fell last year, it made things out of whack and many spring breaks for colleges were earlier.

Thanks I will see if I can talk to mom and convince her that maybe an earlier trip may be a good idea. It's just with my sisters last yr and her graduating I don't think my mom wants to take her out of school earlier because she wants her to study and gradute on time.

GOOD NEWS MY SISTER MADE THE HONOR ROLL ALL A's ONE B. :cool1::dance3::woohoo:

One other thing if it's not too much to ask would you mind stating what your favorite character meals are?

Also Favorite

Parks?

Rides?

Restaurants?

I know I might be asking for a lot and I know I am asking for your opinion I am very interested on what it might be and why.

I want to make sure this will be a trip my family won't forget and maybe with ppls different views and opinions it might help to make up my mind.

On my first and only trip

I have ate at

Nine Tails - China in Epcot.... It was ok I loved the way the building looks and the theme

Tony's - Magic Kingdom... Loved the Italian theme and the spaghetti

50's prime time - Hollywood Studios The waitress are funny

Tuskers house - Animal Kingdom BUFFET umm buffet good I loved the stake and the African theme.

I went on these
Rides

Epcot

Soarin - Mission Space - Test Track - Talking with crush - Circle of Life - (the one with nasa and the plants)

Can you tell this was the first park I went to when I got there...

Magic Kingdom

Flying Carpet - Jungle Cruise - (One of the mountains the one with the rail road) - Haunted Mansion - Phillermagic - Dumbo - Pooh ride - Peterpan - all the parades except for Spectromagic. Wishes - Pirates of the Caribbean - Dream along with mickey - Buzz Lightyear

Hollywood Studios

3D puppet show - Stars Wars - Tower of Terror - Beauty and the Beast show - Little mermaid show - Rockin Roller Coaster - Fantasmic - the great movie ride

Animal Kingdom

Kilamanjaro Safari - It's tough to be a bug - Oasis exhibits - Flights of Wonder - The yeti ride - Lion King show - Finding Nemo show - Jungle Trek ( It was a very hot day and we where there for only a couple of hours)

Went to the Pool stayed at SSR.

My favorite restaurants are:

Crystal Palace
Boma
Portobello in DTD
Ohana's

My favorite rides are:

POTC
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (this is the railroad mountain:) )
TTA
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Test Track
Mission Space
Soarin'
Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest

My favorite parks are:

MK
EPCOT
I'm not a huge fan of DHS or AK but AK does have two of my favorite rides

Do you have more information on the Restaurants? Have you tried character Meals?

You know where to go to see some character meals suggestions.:rotfl2:

If you like Mickey you can't go wrong with Chef Mickey's. Or 1900 Park Fair dinner for Cinderella, prince, stepsisters, and the stepmother is a great character dinner too!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter