Family Suites

KEMdisney

DIS Veteran
Other than AOA Family Suites being newer.. what is the difference between the family suites at Art of Animation and the All Star Family Suites?

One thing I read is that aoa has interior rooms asmusic is exterior

From what I've seen this is true - AoA suites are off of interior corridors -- none of the buildings at ASMusic have interior corridors. The suites in ASMusic are all in the preferred section of the resort, whereas AoA has some in preferred and the rest further away from the main building.

Other than that, decor and furniture are the main differences.

Here are the two floor plans:

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort-Family-Suite-Floor-Plan-6-12-239x300.jpg

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Floor-Plan-Family-Suites-at-DIsneys-All-Star-Music-Resort-228x300.jpg

The AoA suite is slightly larger, and it is a more open floor plan which will make it feel a bit more spacious. The suite has three beds, the queen in the master, and two doubles in the living area. One is the fold out couch, the other is the table bed. The AoA suites have interior hallways.

The ASMu suite also sleeps six, but there are two single fold outs, plus the fold out sofa in the living room. This is good if you have kids who don't want to share a bed.

Both suites have two full bathrooms.

AoA suites were designed and built as suites. The ASMu suites were 2 rooms converted to suites.

The bedroom at ASMu has a desk. The kitchenette at ASMu is bigger.

One of the single beds at ASMu is the ottoman and is youth sized.

am I wrong in thinking the ottoman is the size of a single bed?? I have not read anywhere that it is smaller than a single?!?!?!:confused3

One difference we noticed is the number of beds. They both sleep 6 but AoA has 1 Queen + 2 full beds. The All Star Music has 1 Queen + 1 full bed + 2 twin (?) size convertible beds.

The option with the more beds might work better for a family with children who don't want to sleep together/don't sleep well together, etc.

One thing I don't like about AoA is that the sink/kitchentte area is right next to someone's bed, if you use all the fold outs. Very strange, and not very useful imho. In the All Star Suites the kitchentte is in its own little alcove.

Another difference is that the AoA suites cost quite a bit more than the All Star Family Suites.

I think All Star Music is better for hanging out. I haven't seen AoA suites in person, but I think the living room would be much more claustrophobic for 6 people to all be in together, the couch looks like it would only fit 2. whereas the ASMu room is much bigger and the couch fits 3.

In AoA, the dining room seems like wasted space to me. At least if the kitchenette was in there, it would make sense. That said, I would love to try AoA for the amenities at the resort, but I don't think we would like the room for a week's vacation.

we didn't like staying in the Music! WAAAAY too small for us. and my mil was NOT happy with having to sleep on an ottoman! But she chose it - ha!

But if you're only sleeping in it then it doesn't matter much - you pretty much had to climb over the couch to get out the door - but a lot of hotel rooms are like that....not meant for you to move around once the pullout beds are out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter