• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family of 6 loves the food at Disney. Lots of Photos! Finally updated on Page15!

LOVING your reviews! Your pictures are just wonderful and your way of writing is, too! Great job!

I also was wondering about Le Cellier living up to the hype, and I'm so glad it did. We're dining there on January 4th! We ate at Mama Melrose last October and weren't really thrilled with it, but it was OK and we ARE giving it another chance next time as we're doing the Fantasmic package which we've never done before.

Your reviews are SO helpful. Can't wait to see more! :goodvibes

Wonderfuls pics and reviews! :banana: :banana:

We're trying some of the same places on our first trip with the DDP, so I'm drooling right now thinking of all this great food!

Loving your food report and drooling over your pictures. I have the same camera but have never gotten such beautiful shots with it of anything close up like your food. Can I ask what settings you are using for the food? And I assume you are not using a flash, is that right?

I LOVE your pictures of EPCOT in the rain. Those pictures really brought me there! It seems that when we are in WDW, we always get rain in EPCOT! Great pics and reviews!

Colleen - thanks for all the wonderful pictures and food reviews! I found this thread while having a "Should we keep our Mama Melrose ressie or change it?" moment, so appreciate your thoughts on the food there, I hadn't even considered the Penne and Vodka dish, but it looks better than it sounds in the menu description.

Love that Glowtini shot! That's just beautiful! Well... one of many beautiful shots, you do a great job. DH and I saw the people running in ponchos in the rain at EPCOT and said "That looks familiar!" :)

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews and pictures, we have some of the same restaurants booked. Glad you had a good experience at Le Cellier. Do you think eating there very early for dinner helped? Less crowded? Less weary servers?

Great reviews! And lovely pictures as well. We have a Canon Rebel and absolutely love it. Takes wonderful pictures. Totally worth the money IMO!

I LOVE your pictures of EPCOT in the rain. Those pictures really brought me there! It seems that when we are in WDW, we always get rain in EPCOT! Great pics and reviews!
Me too!

Great pictures!!! :goodvibes

I can almost feel the rain.... (We don't bother with ponchos. We just think of it as riding Kali River Rapids with no wait! :rotfl: )

enjoyed reading your dining reviews so far! i got very excited when i was looking @ the le cellier pics cause we are going there for the 1st time on our next trip!! i've already decided what i want - shrimp cocktail for appy, mushroom filet, and creme brulee sampler!! Yum, yum!!! i'm looking forward to your kona' review cause we are going there too!
mousiemom

Colleen,

Just found your report, really enjoying it.
I agree with you about Le Cellier, Spoodles and Mama Melrose.
Enjoyed the first two, didn't think that MM was that great.
Wonderful pictures.
I'm looking forward to more.

Deb

Colleen - Great pictures and review of Le Cellier. It's been years since we've eaten there and everything looked yummy (except for the mushrooms) LOL!

After a morning at Islands of Adventure we headed back to The Caribbean Beach to eat at Old Port Royale, the food court there.

I quickly got my food first so that I would be able to take pictures of the food before everyone started eating.

I ordered a Turkey BLT with no tomato. I was the first to sit down and while waiting for everyone took a bite of my sandwich. I then saw that instead of regular mayo, there was RED mayo:confused3 on this sandwich. It was actually more of a pink, but I knew that I didn’t like it. :sad2:

Since I knew that we would have 6 CS left over at the end of the week, I tossed the sandwich and went to get a burger. I figured that would be quick. HAHAHA. I quickly explained to my family, who all had their food now and were headed to the table, the situation with my food and told them I’d be right back.

There were two people in front of me in line and two people who had already ordered waiting for their food. I ordered one cheeseburger with fries. The two people who were waiting got their orders, then the two people in front of me got their orders. I figured I was next, and you could see that they were cooking another round of burgers. Well those were cooked and handed out to other people. I told myself that maybe those people had ordered before me and had come back for their order. No problem, I’m sure I’m next. So then another batch of burgers comes up and those are all given to other people again. Now I know I’m next. I’m sure that all the other people waiting around me ordered after me. I know I’ll get mine next, but I don’t. :confused:

I look up and see those “order cards” which say what goes on each tray. We’ll I can see that of the six or so orders that are up there, none have just one single food item, like mine does. I finally say something to the woman and she blows me off saying they are cooking the burgers. I know that my order has been misplaced and try to tell her. With the next batch she gives three other orders their food and finally asks me again what I ordered and hands me a cheese burger. :sad2: :sad1:

I was so disappointed that it took so long. When I got back to the table my family had completely finished all their food and were mostly done with their desserts. So no photos from this meal, with the exception of Mary’s dessert.
The moral of the story? Always order the mayo on the side. :upsidedow

6-7-07-186.jpg

My family didn't say much about what they ate and I was to upset to ask. I believe there were chicken tenders, chicken sandwich, and a BLT all eaten. Everything was fine, typical cafeteria food.

Can't leave this post with only one photo though!;) :lmao:
Dueling Dragons
6-7-07-25copy.jpg

Not my sandwich:lmao:
6-7-07-66.jpg

From Suess Land
6-7-07-128.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll post Raglan Road in just a few minutes!:)

The main reason I made reservations at Raglan Road was to hear the Irish music, which my dad especially loves. My mom doesn’t like to eat really late so even though the band wasn’t coming on until 9.

I made our reservations for 7pm. Six months before this seemed like a good idea. But as I read more and more on the DIS, I realized that these were to early. We arrived at 6:45 and we’re seated by 7.
6-7-07-259.jpg

Lynn & I split the Scallop forest. I love how it came on forks. Six scallops was a decent serving for two people. She really liked the salad that it came with.
6-7-07-270.jpg

My mom & dad split an order of calamari and Mike & Mary split an order of calamari. Everyone really enjoyed this appetizer. The fried vegetables were also very good.
6-7-07-269.jpg

I should have taken more pictures of the calamari, but I was to busy stuffing the scallops in my mouth :rotfl2:

Entrée
Lynn- ordered...some type of sausage. I don't have it noted down and I can't tell which one it is from the avaiable online menu. :confused3 :rotfl2: I know that it was homemade and was either chicken sausage or seafood sausage. :confused3 This is not a helpful review:lmao: She liked it and said it was "good, what I was expecting"
6-7-07-274.jpg

Mike- It's Not Bleedin' Chowder - Mussels, prawns, scallops and fresh seafood infused with white wine and finished with cream and fresh potato. Loves most shellfish so he loved this.
6-7-07-275.jpg

My dad & Mary orderd the Serious Sirloin Steak - 10oz sirloin topped with Irish whiskey glaze, and drizzled with fresh basil oil. Served with mashed potatoes and topped with crispy fried onion strings. I tried the fired onion strings and they were delicious. Both said that they liked the steak & potatoes. Our waitress gave them a hard time about ordering steak when there were so many authentic Irish items on the list. They just laughed and ordered the steak anyway.
6-7-07-272.jpg

My mom tried to ordered the steak too, but when the waitress gave her a hard time she changed to fish & chips. :rotfl2: I also had the fish & chips. The fish was pretty good. The batter was pretty thick and crispy. It tasted fresh and was served piping hot. The chips were mediocore. They were thick cut fries that normally I like, but these were under done so the centers were kind of hard.
6-7-07-273.jpg

Desserts
Lynn & I were both to full for dessert.
Mary ordered Dunbrody Kiss - Chef Dundon's gift to America. Chocolate, add chocolate, and then add some more. I did have a bite- it was very good! Mary liked it too.
6-7-07-276.jpg

My mom ordered Raspberry Riot - Frozen raspberries surround vanilla ice-cream on a shortcake base and coated with warm white chocolate. - She said it was great. The raspberries were very fresh and delicious.
6-7-07-280.jpg

My dad ordered Bailey's Creme Brulee Tart which he said was “fine” :rolleyes:
6-7-07-278.jpg

Mike ordered Banoffi Beauty - Caramel base. Add banana with our special secret sauce. Top it off with fresh cream. –This was the best dessert he ate on the trip. He still talks about it today. I’m not a big fan of fruit with dessert so I can’t give another opinion, be he LOVED this. I think he would have married if it was legal:rotfl:
6-7-07-279.jpg

Over all we liked Raglan Road and would eat there again. But we won’t be putting it on a “must eat” list.
Service: B
Food: B
Atmosphere: B

We were done eating by 8:25. My parents decided to have a drink at the bar and listen to the band. Lynn & Mike went to the Lego store and Mary & I went to take some photos.

6-7-07-282.jpg

6-7-07-286.jpg

6-7-07-331.jpg

6-7-07-293.jpg

6-7-07-291.jpg

Amazing shot! One of these days I'm going to get a decent camera. I've been enjoying your dining reviews immensely. I'm glad Le Cellier lived up to the hype. Did your parents enjoy the band at Raglan Road?

Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter