Family of 4 and three Beds what are the options?

I didn't include BC or YC or POR in my list because the rooms do not all have a day bed or murphy bed and priority for those rooms is given to families of 5. It's taking a big chance requesting it. I won't book a room unless I can pay for exactly what I need. If I'm dependent upon a request for a NEED (not just a want) then it's too much of a risk for me.

I wasn't aware that all BWI rooms have day beds. I thought it was like BC/YC in that only some have them. Good to know I can consider that as an option.

Do you mean the trundle bed? I thought they didn't guarantee that? I could be wrong as I have never stayed there but I thought I read some posts of families of 4 that were not given the trundle bed and were told families of 5 have precedence of those?

Preferred is a new booking category and all of the buildings are located in AB, so you would be in the building with the two queen beds and the trundle.

We just asked for a roll away bed at check-in at POP, and they brought it right to the room. When we stayed (4 years ago), the price was $15/night. You could call or email the resort to ask for current pricing. I would think it would be similar.

The bad thing is, you can't reserve roll-aways ahead of time. They hand them out on a first come first served basis. If someone chooses to go that route it is smart to have an air mattress on hand as a back up, just in case.

You guys have given me lots to think about many thanks!

The question I really need to answer I guess will I be happy taking a chance on either getting a connecting room or being able to get a roll away.

If I Do not want to take the gamble then should I either go for a preferred room at POR if DD will be small enough?? or just go for a suite at AoA.

I'm going to have to chat the the rest of the family :-)

Again thanks for all the tips they have been great.

If I Do not want to take the gamble then should I either go for a preferred room at POR if DD will be small enough?? or just go for a suite at AoA.

I'm going to have to chat the the rest of the family :-)

Again thanks for all the tips they have been great.

If the pool is a big thing in your vacation, book POR. They have a great pool area. The moderate resort pools have things the value resorts do not--slides and hot tubs, and more themeing.

If a pool doesn't matter much, book a suite at AoA (or the all star music, they are a bit cheaper there!) You will get much more space, and 2 bathrooms. If you decide to book POR you can always ask to be near a pool, and use that bathroom as an extra, if need be.

Spoken with DW and family and we've come to conclusion that we will go with All-Star Music Family suite, just for the space and the price, We aren't planning on staying in the resort apart from sleeping anyway.

I'm just concerned about Big Tour Groups disturbing us in Jan and the transport bus service as it is shared with teh other all star resorts. Or it maybe that I really wanted to go to the Cars Family room :sad1: and i got out voted :)

Spoken with DW and family and we've come to conclusion that we will go with All-Star Music Family suite, just for the space and the price, We aren't planning on staying in the resort apart from sleeping anyway.

I'm just concerned about Big Tour Groups disturbing us in Jan and the transport bus service as it is shared with teh other all star resorts. Or it maybe that I really wanted to go to the Cars Family room :sad1: and i got out voted :)

I've stayed at the All Stars 4 times now, and the buses don't share very often. And when they do it is not a big deal at all, as all 3 resorts are connected by their parking lots. How long a bus ride can that be?:lmao: So don't stress about the buses.:goodvibes

I've stayed at the All Stars 4 times now, and the buses don't share very often. And when they do it is not a big deal at all, as all 3 resorts are connected by their parking lots. How long a bus ride can that be?:lmao: So don't stress about the buses.:goodvibes

And I was hoping for some support :) but many thanks for that has put my mind a ease ref the buses I suppose I was more bothered about having to wait for another bus if the one I was getting on was full.

I've got the exact same need and here's what I've come up with as onsite options without having to book 2 rooms but having a guarantee of getting 3 beds.
AoA suites
ASMu family suites
Cabin at FW
WL bunk bed room
AKL bunk bed room
CR
Poly
GF
AKV 1br or 2br
BLT 1br or 2br
OKW 1br or 2br
any other DVC 2br

There's also always the option of packing an air mattress and booking any room anywhere.

ETA: I think that the deluxe rooms at BWI and BC also have a 3rd bed but I'm not positive.

GF rooms do not all have daybeds. Some are only two queens

I think you will be happy with that decision. It is nice having that "living room" space. Plus, if I am not mistaken there are two bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter