Family of 4 and three Beds what are the options?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jasonflk, Feb 6, 2013.

1. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

I didn't include BC or YC or POR in my list because the rooms do not all have a day bed or murphy bed and priority for those rooms is given to families of 5. It's taking a big chance requesting it. I won't book a room unless I can pay for exactly what I need. If I'm dependent upon a request for a NEED (not just a want) then it's too much of a risk for me.

I wasn't aware that all BWI rooms have day beds. I thought it was like BC/YC in that only some have them. Good to know I can consider that as an option.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Preferred is a new booking category and all of the buildings are located in AB, so you would be in the building with the two queen beds and the trundle.

4. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

The bad thing is, you can't reserve roll-aways ahead of time. They hand them out on a first come first served basis. If someone chooses to go that route it is smart to have an air mattress on hand as a back up, just in case.

5. jasonflk

jasonflk Earning My Ears

You guys have given me lots to think about many thanks!

The question I really need to answer I guess will I be happy taking a chance on either getting a connecting room or being able to get a roll away.

If I Do not want to take the gamble then should I either go for a preferred room at POR if DD will be small enough?? or just go for a suite at AoA.

I'm going to have to chat the the rest of the family :-)

Again thanks for all the tips they have been great.

6. maxiesmom

If the pool is a big thing in your vacation, book POR. They have a great pool area. The moderate resort pools have things the value resorts do not--slides and hot tubs, and more themeing.

If a pool doesn't matter much, book a suite at AoA (or the all star music, they are a bit cheaper there!) You will get much more space, and 2 bathrooms. If you decide to book POR you can always ask to be near a pool, and use that bathroom as an extra, if need be.

7. jasonflk

jasonflk Earning My Ears

Spoken with DW and family and we've come to conclusion that we will go with All-Star Music Family suite, just for the space and the price, We aren't planning on staying in the resort apart from sleeping anyway.

I'm just concerned about Big Tour Groups disturbing us in Jan and the transport bus service as it is shared with teh other all star resorts. Or it maybe that I really wanted to go to the Cars Family room :sad1: and i got out voted :)

8. maxiesmom

I've stayed at the All Stars 4 times now, and the buses don't share very often. And when they do it is not a big deal at all, as all 3 resorts are connected by their parking lots. How long a bus ride can that be?:lmao: So don't stress about the buses.:goodvibes

9. jasonflk

jasonflk Earning My Ears

And I was hoping for some support :) but many thanks for that has put my mind a ease ref the buses I suppose I was more bothered about having to wait for another bus if the one I was getting on was full.

10. Happy99

Happy99 DIS Veteran

GF rooms do not all have daybeds. Some are only two queens

11. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

Really? Shoot! So much for my desire to try GF one of these days. A third best is a must have for us. Thanks for letting me know.

12. ccgirl

ccgirl DIS Veteran

I think you will be happy with that decision. It is nice having that "living room" space. Plus, if I am not mistaken there are two bathrooms.

13. jasonflk

jasonflk Earning My Ears

Yes there is, It's not a bad setup and is suitable for us, there is a pretty good thread about it here
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409
    It is old but gives a good overview.

14. sksjasams

sksjasams DIS Veteran

That sounds perfect! Enjoy your trip :)