Family Magic Tour?

dawnrose

Mouseketeer
Is the family magic tour offered at DL? If so, has anyone taken it? We did the one at WDW and loved it and thought it might be fun to book it for the cousins and grandparents when we visit DL in Dec. if that is a possibility....

Yes, with some differences. It is called the Discover the Magic Tour. It is offered Friday, Saturday and Sunday (possibly some other days, and possibly not on some Fridays). My 7 year old daughter and I did it recently and had a very good time. The tour includes lunch at the Mexican place in Frontierland, which I thought was pretty good compared to other DL restaurants. It lasts maybe 3 to 3.5 hours. It is worth going on, fun, and similar to the Family Magic Tour.

Below is a more detailed account-- don't read it if you don't want to hear any spoilers.

* * * CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS * * *

As with the Family Magic Tour, our guide informed us that we were going to learn what custodial services did. We practiced picking up some scraps of paper and throwing them out and were about to start off when . . . Goofy and Pluto showed up. Pluto had dug up a book with a treble cleff on it and didn't know what to do. After a whole rigamorole, we decided to try to find the owner of the book while on our tour. The book had clues that led us around to different locations throughout the park. On this tour, we met a lot more characters (Aurora, Woody and Jessie, ran into Captain Hook who brushed us off, Wendy & Peter (rode the Carousel with them), and even Mickey Mouse (I might be forgetting some others). I think it is set up so that you might meet Snow White and Tarzan & Jane, but they were not around for us.

There were fewer puzzles to figure out on this tour. The clues were along the lines of "I am at my wishing well." Some of it didn't make sense to me... I couldn't really figure out why each of the characters had written something down before the book was buried with a missing page. So I didn't think the story was as good as the Family Magic Tour. Our guide was great though; we had a lot of fun.

There were more props on this tour. We got kazoos and had to play them, and bandannas to become Cowboys/girls in Frontierland, and pirates when the time was right for that. We commandeered the raft and went to Tom Sawyers Island, and also took the railroad.

We had a farily small group, there was only one other kid and a few adults on the tour. I did forget my tickets at the hotel (forget I even needed them, since I never did at WDW for the Family Magic Tour), so don't do that.

It is worth doing although my daughter enjoyed the Family Magic Tour a little more than this one, because she likes the less obvious clues at WDW. Or possibly because when we went at WDW it was a complete surprise and she thought that we were actually doing a garbage tour until we learned of Hook's evil plans.

I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter