Fame Academy v. Pop Idol

I am watching both too - and enjoying both.

I think Richard Parks must be the rudest person on TV at the moment, taking over by miles from Simon Cowell.

I like Alex and Paris in FA.......I think they both have great voices and wouldnt be surprised to see either of them win. Although I think Peter is up there in the running, he must have the worst voice ever! He is definetly a throw back from the 60's....he has look which is a cross between the Kinks and Jarvis Cocker! I am not that keen on him at all, but he does entertain.

I like Pop Idol just for its fun! Simon Cowell is great and I find myself agreeing with most of his opinions.........perhaps I shouldnt admit that though! LOL

Both shows are great fun :)

I agree about Paris singing in what sounds a too high key (obviously I know nothing about music though!)

Although he's not my 'type' I think he is absolutely gorgeous (is he gay?) he just oozees 's' appeal and star quality for me.I love watching Carrie (is that the name of the female judge?) I think she fancies him something rotton! Me too:p

Pop Idol wins for me, though Bryn is a Fame Academy fan - the cross over in times is therefore no problem in our house as he just retreats to his bedroom!! I think Simon Cowell and Pete Waterman are great and I feel that the judging on Pop Idol is far more to the point rather than Fame Academy which I think is a bit wishy-washy!

However, have to say that I long for the day they stop 'manufacturing' pop stars to win the tv ratings war.

But, having said that I think Will Young is fab!! ;)

Just call me a mass of contradictions!! :)

Astrid x

Pop Idol for us, we just can't watch fame academy.

I love watching Ant and Dec!

I've been watching both and have to say I am disapointed with Fame Academy this year.

They do seem to have told the teachers to be more critical, and I find it odd that that Richard and Patrick have started to have these little arguments when Pop Idol started.

Another thing is I really liked the shows they did on the first FA, where they used to make 3 of the students sing for suvival, whilst the rest had an opportunity to write and sing their own songs.

My favourite singer has to be Alex, me and Richard just spend the whole show waiting for her to sing and we are always amazed how good she is. I would think that regardless who wins the show she is going to signed up by someone.

I agree with you squitty, Ant and Dec are the best :D

Well Alex for us was easily the best on Saturday. Barry (sorry Kaylee) should have gone. He was dire.

I haven't liked the songs in the the last two FA progs - I've never been a fan of the Bee Gees, and I think Paris is limited to the songs they have given him, and he should be given a song that doesn't need falsetto - he has the range. I hope they'll also give Alex an up tempo number to show that she is capable of singing songs that don't require angst!

The quicker Peter goes the better . Saturday was absolutley terrible. Its all right saying he commands the stage, but ... how often do you "watch" music ?

David :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter