Falling back on your friends Super Goofs September thread

It rained all day yesterday instead of clearing like they promised. I ended up with Leslie Sansone but I stuck it out for the full 9 miles. I had to do the DVD twice :-)headache:) and I kept telling myself that I could stop and make it up today but I was proud that I didn't. It was slower than I wanted but I picked up my 5 pound hand weights and carried them the whole time trying to make it more challenging.

I did 15 minutes of boot camp weight training this morning. A little punishing concoction of my own that seriously no one wants me to share...:sad2: but I feel better. Planning a 2 mile walk at lunch and maybe a little more on a break...if I get one today. We are one person down so it takes a village apparently. :upsidedow

Have a great day Goofs and :wizard: to everyone who needs some. I need a butt kick smilie, although that really wouldn't be a smilie per se would it???:lmao:

Okay, sleeping almost all of Saturday and Sunday made a huge difference, as did the antibiotics, inhaler, etc. Today, I managed 4.5 miles of speedwork. It was harder than it would have been a couple weeks ago, but I managed it without coughing up a lung, so that's a bit plus.

If I push hard all this week, and take next week easy, I might be set for a really good time at RFTT. Otherwise, I'll just push as hard as I can on race day and take what I can get.

Congratulations Angie!

I haven't been online much lately but I have been working out like crazy. My PT cleared me to run on Friday - three 10-minute intervals separated by 5 minutes of walking. I'm not supposed to do this back to back days yet so I've run every other day since Friday. It feels great to get back to it. I'm run-walking a 5K on Saturday. I'll be sure to keep my ego in check and stick with my ten on, five off routine.

I have been at the gym a lot lately and am really enjoying it. I never liked the gym atmosphere but am really digging two of the gyms close to me. They are small and have really nice instructors. I'm loving my spinning class and take it 3x/week. I've been wearing my HRM and am amazed at how many calories I'm burning. I'm trying to lose 10-15 pounds by the Marathon in January so this is helping greatly.

I'm also doing the elliptical a lot too which is fun now. I used to hate it so this is a huge improvement.

I swam laps tonight during my DD's swim class. I did a lot better than my last time in the pool.

We're on tsunami advisory here on the west coast because of the earthquake. We are expecting a 2' rise. I live less than a mile from the coast and my office is right on the water so I'm always on the lookout for these! :eek:

Have a good week Goofs!

-steve

Yikes Steve! When does that advisory end?

Congrats Lisa and Maura on your LRs!

Rich, hope you're feeling better!

I bought a Gentle Leader collar for my dog. That collar is a MIRACLE! My dog is like a small bear and pulls like mad, then also stops suddenly and won't budge cause she gets scared easy. Needless to say, she wasn't tuning out to be a very good dog to run with. Got the collar on advice from a friend and it immediately worked for walking - instantly! Took her running with me this morning and we did 3 miles in a 12:00 minute pace. I was so proud of her! I did a R3/W1 with her and I only had to pause the Garmin a few times. She got scared with some workers and this tiny little chihuahua down the street. Envision an elephant being scared of a mouse. Wow... :lmao:

Hope everyone is having a good week. Friday is a pretty big day for me. Hoping to finally have some closure on something that has been hanging over me for months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter