Fall 2016 planning (continuation of 2016 Free Dining Watch)

We do ours right away but they get changed a lot because of the 4 yr old. His has gone from red to blue and at shipping we decided on orange so he is getting an orange one and a red custom my MIL had made for him on her trip back in July.

how early is everyone customizing their MBs? 2.5 months out and I have not done it yet. Last trip we were FP+ testers and found out close to 30 days out.
We were part of the test group too!! I usually do mine at 60 days out when I make FP selections. Once you start to customize your MB, the system will tell you how many days you have left to finalize customizing them. No matter how early you start your MB order, you will still be allowed to make changes all the way up till your last day to customize. Be aware, the final day to customize listed in your booklet does not match the online date. For example, this trip my booklet said to customize by 9/19, but online showed 8/30 which is right at 30 days out. Maybe the dates have to do with those who have MB shipped and those who don't.

We were part of the test group too!! I usually do mine at 60 days out when I make FP selections. Once you start to customize your MB, the system will tell you how many days you have left to finalize customizing them. No matter how early you start your MB order, you will still be allowed to make changes all the way up till your last day to customize. Be aware, the final day to customize listed in your booklet does not match the online date. For example, this trip my booklet said to customize by 9/19, but online showed 8/30 which is right at 30 days out. Maybe the dates have to do with those who have MB shipped and those who don't.

thanks, 17 days until I make FP+. was planning to order around the 60 day point.
testing FP+ was the best, only some on-site hotels had FP+, no offsite guest and we were pulling paper FP too.

thanks, 17 days until I make FP+. was planning to order around the 60 day point.
testing FP+ was the best, only some on-site hotels had FP+, no offsite guest and we were pulling paper FP too.
Having MB was also great because prior to them, when my parents would go with us, my mom would ALWAYS misplace her tickets. :sad2:

Last edited:
Looking for some advice/suggestions from my FD2016 friends. the plan our first day (Sunday) is spend the day at MK. Park closes at 7PM for MVMCP and had planned to hop over to EPCOT and have dinner there. Realized that is the last Sunday of F+W and now plan to stay away. Need a QS place to have dinner; eating at the resort ( next resort over) on Saturday night and wanted something different. any suggestions of QS restaurants at the resorts at the Monorail hotels? Will they be mobbed with MK closing early?

What are those cards? Did they come with your magic bands, or are they something you already owned and you got MBs to match? Very cute!
They are luggage tags that come with the bands each color gets a different tag. My 4 yr had to change his cause the red band comes with a tag with Minnie kissing Mickey on the cheek and he did not want it. Very glad I search the tags while I could still change the band colors.

They are luggage tags that come with the bands each color gets a different tag. My 4 yr had to change his cause the red band comes with a tag with Minnie kissing Mickey on the cheek and he did not want it. Very glad I search the tags while I could still change the band colors.
The red band comes with a red luggage tag with Minnie and the grey band comes with the Minnie and Mickey kissing.

I didn't get a luggage tag! :(

I didn't know the luggage tags matched the MBs! How cute is that?!? I thought they had pics of your rear to on them, these are MUCH cuter than I was expecting!!!

I booked with a TA and she told me we would not get any luggage tags, did not get MBs yet, but not expecting any tags

Hmmm. I booked with Disney but didn't get any. I did a Google search and it looks like I might be able to get one at check-in. I wonder if I didn't get it because I didn't do online check-in?

I should be in the box with your MB. Pull the cardboard out that holds the MB and it should be under there.

Nope, I checked when I first got the MB because I kept reading that they were underneath. There was nothing there. I thought everybody was talking about the DME tags, though. I didn't realize there was also a cute reusable luggage tag! But definitely no tag of any sort in the MB box, and no cute luggage tag in the envelope my DME tag came in. I'll just ask at check-in.

Nope, I checked when I first got the MB because I kept reading that they were underneath. There was nothing there. I thought everybody was talking about the DME tags, though. I didn't realize there was also a cute reusable luggage tag! But definitely no tag of any sort in the MB box, and no cute luggage tag in the envelope my DME tag came in. I'll just ask at check-in.
Well that stinks. You could call and ask if they would send you one. It would be nice to get more Disney mail. :)

Looking for some advice/suggestions from my FD2016 friends. the plan our first day (Sunday) is spend the day at MK. Park closes at 7PM for MVMCP and had planned to hop over to EPCOT and have dinner there. Realized that is the last Sunday of F+W and now plan to stay away. Need a QS place to have dinner; eating at the resort ( next resort over) on Saturday night and wanted something different. any suggestions of QS restaurants at the resorts at the Monorail hotels? Will they be mobbed with MK closing early?
The only monorail resort QS that we've been to was Captain Cook's at the Poly. It's been a few years, but the food was good. I'm not sure if you had somewhere in mind at Epcot to eat, but even with the F&W festival going on you could go to Sunshine Seasons since it's at the front of the park and most of the people would probably be at World Showcase.

The only monorail resort QS that we've been to was Captain Cook's at the Poly. It's been a few years, but the food was good. I'm not sure if you had somewhere in mind at Epcot to eat, but even with the F&W festival going on you could go to Sunshine Seasons since it's at the front of the park and most of the people would probably be at World Showcase.
thanks, had planned to spend the evening at EPCOT and watch Illuminations. After experiencing F+W on a Thursday afternoon last trip, I want to avoid EPCOT at all costs on a weekend. my fault for not checking the dates.

maybe I will check into Captain Cooks.

Do you have a package or room only? I believe you get the tags with a package but not with a room only. At least, that's what I've heard. There's a thread around here somewhere with a few more details. It does sound like some people miss out on tags at times when they ought to get them though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter