• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FAKE TICKETS ?

Op Im not trying to be mean, but why didnt you order the tikcets right after you plan to go to disney.

sounds like you waited till the very end to buy them?

Also every trip we ever go on even non disney ones the purchase order goes like this

Book hotel
book attraction tickets
book airfare and or car rental

Save money for food and stuff.

Even when I've planned a trip for months I still wait to the almost absolute last minute to buy tickets since something may come up to cancel the trip.

We drive so no non-refundable airfare issues, hotels give you until the day before you trip to cancel but tickets are non refundable.

Even when I've planned a trip for months I still wait to the almost absolute last minute to buy tickets since something may come up to cancel the trip.

We drive so no non-refundable airfare issues, hotels give you until the day before you trip to cancel but tickets are non refundable.
Disney tickets purchased on UT are refundable, with a 5% handling fee deducted. From their FAQ
( https://www.undercovertourist.com/faq/ ) :

What are your cancellation / refund policies?
Your confidence in purchasing takes priority, which is why we offer a 365-day Return Policy and use common sense and fair practices when dealing with your cancellations and refunds. If you believe you are eligible for a refund, please contact us for further shipping instructions. Once tickets have been received and verified by Undercover Tourist, we will issue a refund back to the initial form of payment according to the terms below within 15 business days.

• If you require a refund - a fee of 5% of the total order amount will be charged to cover the delivery, handling and the processing fees associated with accepting your credit card and fulfilling the order.
• Tickets must be unused and unsigned to qualify for the 365-day Return Policy.
• Expired tickets, or any ticket not currently sold on this site, are non-refundable.
• If a RFID profile has been set up on Disney tickets they cannot be returned or exchanged.
• Disney E-tickets are not refundable once the order has been placed.​

Then print the barcode on a printer. Is this paper tickets a Disneyworld thing? I can't remember in the last ten years of buying tickets for Disneyland that someone has ever mailed me paper tickets.

Seems like paper tickets can be easily forged. I can't believe the piece of paper that anyone gets in the mail means anything unless Disney can look up the ticket number in their computer systems. In which case why even bother mailing the paper???

Why do you keep saying paper ticket?

They mail actual, hard plastic, RFID tickets. The same tickets you buy directly from Disney. I prefer having a hard copy of my tickets over all electronic in case something happens, but I think UT now has an electronic option.

Then print the barcode on a printer. Is this paper tickets a Disneyworld thing? I can't remember in the last ten years of buying tickets for Disneyland that someone has ever mailed me paper tickets.

Seems like paper tickets can be easily forged. I can't believe the piece of paper that anyone gets in the mail means anything unless Disney can look up the ticket number in their computer systems. In which case why even bother mailing the paper???
It isn't a paper ticket. It is a hard plastic RFID ticket.

All this thread did for me (other than get my attention) was remind me to buy my Universal tickets for next month from Undercover Tourist. $14 saved which adds up! If this was a spam attempt at trashing a company everyone loves, it just resulted in them getting more business.

Hard plastic room key cards and RFID ticket cards are capable of having bar codes, guest names, etc. printed on them; laser printers with special card sized chutes have been used for this purpose.

For tickets it is not necessary to print so much information on them because the information can all be stored electronically in Disney's central computers and accessed via the codes encrypted on the RFID chip in the card.

When paper Disney tickets were upgraded, it was customary to collect the old ticket for disposal and print a new ticket on the spot. The cost of RFID cards suggests that such disposal and re-issue would not be cost effective or environmentally sound.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter